Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

MrDanglez67

Habs center options

Recommended Posts

As we know the habs desperately need a center and fast.... So here are a few potential players who could fill the void

 

Thornton: Jumbo joe definitely has the playmaking ability to be a top center on a potential line with pacioretty and radulov.

 

Dadonov: The russian center lit up the KHL this past season and would be a good fit with montreal's current crop of russians.

 

Tavares: Alrhough this may be a stretch montreal has the pieces to potentially make a trade for tavares and if plekanec is taken in the expansion it could clear up some room for johnny.

 

Patrick/Hischier: with some top picks rumoured to be available montreal could trade to earn the rights to draft either nolan patrick and nico hischier who both could be nhl ready next season.

 

Galchenyuk: The habs have had their centerman for awhile but he just hasnt panned out yet. If he works at it in the offseason he could get a shot at redemption nect season.... That is if hes still wearing the bleu blanc rouge.

 

Other names:

Duchene

Nugent-Hopkins

Bozak

Johnson

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Dadanov is the most realistic option. If Radu comes back I would give it a 75% chance we get Dadanov too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2017 at 8:56 AM, MrDanglez67 said:

As we know the habs desperately need a center and fast.... So here are a few potential players who could fill the void

 

Thornton: Jumbo joe definitely has the playmaking ability to be a top center on a potential line with pacioretty and radulov.

 

Dadonov: The russian center lit up the KHL this past season and would be a good fit with montreal's current crop of russians.

 

Tavares: Alrhough this may be a stretch montreal has the pieces to potentially make a trade for tavares and if plekanec is taken in the expansion it could clear up some room for johnny.

 

Patrick/Hischier: with some top picks rumoured to be available montreal could trade to earn the rights to draft either nolan patrick and nico hischier who both could be nhl ready next season.

 

Galchenyuk: The habs have had their centerman for awhile but he just hasnt panned out yet. If he works at it in the offseason he could get a shot at redemption nect season.... That is if hes still wearing the bleu blanc rouge.

 

Other names:

Duchene

Nugent-Hopkins

Bozak

Johnson

 

 

 

 
 

 

 It is odd how Montreal has never really had a superstar 1C in the modern era. They have had decent ones, Kiouv, an aging Denis Savard, Pierre Mondeu....the list is pretty short, don't know if I'm missing anyone. Mondeu might just be 3rd and he played the middle on the donut line (with Shutt and Lafleur) that was named the "Donut Line" because it had no center...LMAO.

 

 It's to the same point as the Flyers ENDLESS search for the successor to Parent in the Flyers net. If I'm Montreal, I go hard after Duchene AND Dadanov. Ryan Nugent Hopkins is to injury prone and not a real star, he might make a nice 2C, but he should be on your top line and top pp.  Don't see the Bolts letting go of Johnson, he's an RFA and would be hard to poach. Bozak is a 3C in my books.

 

 What would Philly demand as payment for the #2 overall pick is THE hundred thousand dollar question? Certainly, Nolan Patrick would go a LONG way to solving this age old problem in Montreal.  Philly might ask for, Byron...Galenychuk and next years 1st rounder. If I'm Hexy I take nothing less. Edit....AND Montreal would have to take McDonald, so we can leave Byron out....LOL1

 

 Literally, every year the Habs don't have a 1C, is another year of Price's prime wasted. You will never win the cup with Plekanec on the top line. I just do not see it. This is really an urgent matter for this franchise.

Edited by jammer2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2017 at 0:33 PM, habsguy26 said:

I think Dadanov is the most realistic option. If Radu comes back I would give it a 75% chance we get Dadanov too

 

 How about Ryan Poehling as a C option, huh?  GREAT pick by the Habs, just stayed patient and let the draft come to them. Very smart and I *really* believe they have FINALLY solved the C problem. Awesome pick, in 2 short years Ryan will change hockey in Montreal!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dadanov is a winger, he may be able to play center in the KHL but he simply does not have the skill set to be an NHL center.

 

  This is a difficult offseason so far for the Habs, the defense is dangerously thin, the center position is again hoping for the millionth year in a row that Plekanec figures it out or playing Chuckie/Drouin out of position. Sergachev, Emelin possibly Markov gone on the back end. Radulov demanding a seven year deal and willing to leave for the highest bidder. And dont forget, Price is an UFA at seasons end. He and the team are saying all the nice things but if they blow the offseason and start off badly he could move on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yave1964 said:

  This is a difficult offseason so far for the Habs, the defense is dangerously thin, the center position is again hoping for the millionth year in a row that Plekanec figures it out or playing Chuckie/Drouin out of position. Sergachev, Emelin possibly Markov gone on the back end. Radulov demanding a seven year deal and willing to leave for the highest bidder. And dont forget, Price is an UFA at seasons end. He and the team are saying all the nice things but if they blow the offseason and start off badly he could move on.

 

  It will take some fine GM'ing to wiggle out of this spot on defense. I just don't get it really, Price is the ticket, and you take away half his defense along with the the Habs ability to get the puck out of their own end. Petry and Weber will have to be split up and be solidifying soldiers on their d pairings. It's not like they can go out and get an Alzner or another decent UFA, they are tight to the cap.  Are there prospects on the way I don't know about?  LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 1
      Post
      I think Dadanov is the most realistic option. If Radu comes back I would give it a 75% chance we get Dadanov too
    • 1
      Post
      How about Ryan Poehling as a C option, huh?  GREAT pick by the Habs, just stayed patient and let the draft come to them. Very smart and I *really* believe they have FINALLY solved the C problem. Awesome pick, in 2 short years Ryan will change hockey in Montreal!!

Game Room 1

    You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...