Marc Andre Fleury waives NMC

yave1964

42 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I agree noss....but also don't think Fleury would pick the Flyers as his landing spot after all those years hating them.

That maybe true, but what a way to get back at the Pens by ending up with their hated rivals, the Flyers :eyeroll: If Fleury ended up with the Flyers, he'd definitely be up for the games against his former teammates.

Ooooh, IDK about Flower going to the Flyers. IMHO it is a terrible match.

Certain teams have love affairs with their players and with others it is the opposite. The two that come to mind who seem to always hate their netminders are the  Wings and the Flyers. Fleury has had his fragile moments over the years but the Pens usually won (regular season anyway) with him in net at a very high rate, if he came to the Flyers and the young defense didnt quite get it together and an injury here or there the Flyers are out of it early, Fleury would hear a cascade of boo's like he never has on a night in night out basis and his game would be gone faster than you can say Ilya Bryzgalov. 

It takes the right kind of mind to be hated and loved at the same time and while I am certainly not saying that some of that did not occur in his time in Pittsburgh, a slow start by Fleury if he were a Flyer would end him. I just do not think he could handle it. Truly I see that as a match made in Hell.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I agree noss....but also don't think Fleury would pick the Flyers as his landing spot after all those years hating them.

He'd get over it quickly like Talbot did.   In the end, he'll want to be in the best spot to 1) have a starting role and 2) have a shot at a cup run.   NFN, but the better shot there is with the Flyers rather than with Vegas. 

2 hours ago, nossagog said:

I disagree here.  If there was a deal on the board that was legitimate with the Flyers, and Fleury told the Pens he'd like to go there instead taking the chance with Vegas, I think the Pens do right by him and make the trade.   Fleury has been the ultimate team guy here and I believe the Pens would love to do whats best for him. 

And better to make a trade and get a few something than lose him for nothing.  I don't think they can ask the world as teams know the Pens are in a bind. So they probably won't get fair trade value for him.   Just don't retain contract $$$ as we could use that for someone like Shultz. 

Maybe. They Flyers did help us win a Cup before (see: Rick Tocchet, Ken Wregget & Kjell Samuellson). :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

What would be a fair offer from Philly? 2nd rounder?

18 minutes ago, nossagog said:

He'd get over it quickly like Talbot did.   In the end, he'll want to be in the best spot to 1) have a starting role and 2) have a shot at a cup run.   NFN, but the better shot there is with the Flyers rather than with Vegas. 

1 out of 2 ain't bad. :DancingGrape:

On 6/14/2017 at 8:58 AM, Lindbergh31 said:

That maybe true, but what a way to get back at the Pens by ending up with their hated rivals, the Flyers :eyeroll: If Fleury ended up with the Flyers, he'd definitely be up for the games against his former teammates.

And he is a huge Flyers fan! (Remember the chant you can't beat us!):dizzysmiley-1:

On 6/12/2017 at 2:46 PM, yave1964 said:

Literally just a few moments ago, MA Fleury just waived his no movement clause and will be either exposed to Vegas or dealt before the expansion draft.

class move by the flower with the Pens in a pinch with Murray clearly being the number one goalie in town and the risk being that the Penguins would either risk losing him or if not they would have to give up someone that they did not want to lose and/or draft picks to the Knights to keep them from taking Murray. A potential ugly situation is officially now moot. Classy, just like the flower handing the cup to Murray. 

Of course it is possible that Fleury is not taken. Possible but not likely.

Do you trade Fleury if not taken by Vegas? 

Just now, notfondajane said:

Do you trade Fleury if not taken by Vegas? 

At this point you have to, he has said his goodbyes, passed the baton and is ready to ride off into the proverbial sunset. The problem is who will be your dance partner?

Calgary, Dallas, Carolina have already filled their goalie needs, if not drafted I cannot think they would deal him to rival Philadelphia, so who still needs a goalie?

The Islanders just signed Greiss to a 3 year deal they think he is the answer. Buffalo looks as if they are gonna give Lehner one more chance. Winnipeg is still trying the Hellebuyck experiment.

To me, the only two teams that might trade for him are:

Vancouver, unlikely because they seem more or less committed to Ryan Miller for some reason

AND 

The Coyotes who seem a perfect fit. Arizona just traded Smith to Calgary, they have nobody else in net and need to get to the cap floor. You might not get much of a return but the cap relief in and of itself is huge. 

So yes. Trade Fleury to the Arizona Coyotes for a Lawson Crouse (a hard hitting bottom six forward, something Rutherford says he wants) or a second round pick. win/win all around.

3 hours ago, Samifan said:

Wonder if Buffalo makes a play for Fleury since their GM has a relationship with him from PIT?

What would the Pens get in return? Hopefully a few picks?! Unfortunately they're trying to rebuild! 

3 hours ago, yave1964 said:

At this point you have to, he has said his goodbyes, passed the baton and is ready to ride off into the proverbial sunset. The problem is who will be your dance partner?

Calgary, Dallas, Carolina have already filled their goalie needs, if not drafted I cannot think they would deal him to rival Philadelphia, so who still needs a goalie?

The Islanders just signed Greiss to a 3 year deal they think he is the answer. Buffalo looks as if they are gonna give Lehner one more chance. Winnipeg is still trying the Hellebuyck experiment.

To me, the only two teams that might trade for him are:

Vancouver, unlikely because they seem more or less committed to Ryan Miller for some reason

AND 

The Coyotes who seem a perfect fit. Arizona just traded Smith to Calgary, they have nobody else in net and need to get to the cap floor. You might not get much of a return but the cap relief in and of itself is huge. 

So yes. Trade Fleury to the Arizona Coyotes for a Lawson Crouse (a hard hitting bottom six forward, something Rutherford says he wants) or a second round pick. win/win all around.

I love the fact of a 2nd pick! Pens could use a Defenseman who could go injure free (fat chance)

1 hour ago, notfondajane said:

What would the Pens get in return? Hopefully a few picks?! Unfortunately they're trying to rebuild! 

I was thinking more along the lines of Vegas taking him then flipping him to BUF. Vegas probably wouldn't ask for as much as the Pens would to do the deal straight up.

I have little doubt Vegas takes Fleury. He has so much experience, and is still in his prime. Then Philly flips them a draft pick, (second rounder?) and he starts in net with Stolarz as the backup. Works for both sides well, from where I'm sitting.:thumbsu:

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

I have little doubt Vegas takes Fleury. He has so much experience, and is still in his prime. Then Philly flips them a draft pick, (second rounder?) and he starts in net with Stolarz as the backup. Works for both sides well, from where I'm sitting.:thumbsu:

That wouldn't shock me but I ready that Fleury will be on hand as part of the announcement of the roster. Not sure they'd introduce their new face and then trade him away.

25 minutes ago, B21 said:

That wouldn't shock me but I ready that Fleury will be on hand as part of the announcement of the roster. Not sure they'd introduce their new face and then trade him away.

I like that kid Marchessault, though. He's a really good, young player. You could also Neal could be one of those franchise faces, even though I don't particularly like him.

Archived