Where are my Preds fans at?

Doesn't look like there are any other actual Predators fans around here. But I like the setup of this board, and I've been looking for a second home away from my usual stomping grounds. I'll try to liven this place up a bit and keep the Preds relevant around here while we build up the member base. 

Yeah that seems to be how it was, everyone outside of Pittsburgh was pulling for the Preds other than a few Ducks and Blues fans. Big change of pace from the years when a lot of outsiders wanted the team to be relocated! 

6 minutes ago, Honest Bender said:

Yeah that seems to be how it was, everyone outside of Pittsburgh was pulling for the Preds other than a few Ducks and Blues fans. Big change of pace from the years when a lot of outsiders wanted the team to be relocated! 

Nashville did an outstanding job in these playoffs. I enjoyed every game.  I've always been a fan of growing the game after understanding how important the relocation of the North Stars to Dallas was for growth of the sport.  A record number of folks in Tennessee  tuned into these playoffs which means a lot of kids are going to learn to skate and play. 

43 minutes ago, Honest Bender said:

Doesn't look like there are any other actual Predators fans around here. But I like the setup of this board, and I've been looking for a second home away from my usual stomping grounds. I'll try to liven this place up a bit and keep the Preds relevant around here while we build up the member base. 

Glad you are here.  :welcome:

Maybe invite a few folks from your usual stomping ground, as this is a fun site to talk hockey.

Thanks! I see a lot of Flyers fans here, I grew up in Philly and was first exposed to hockey in the '87 finals and became a hardcore fan when Lindros was acquired. I spent most days after school playing street hockey with friends, pretending to be Lindros or Leclair. Moved to Nashville in '96, introduced all of my new friends to the game and hosted viewing parties when the Flyers appeared in the '97 Final. While that result wasn't great, it was enough to bring a handful of fans on board to the game just in time for Nashville to be awarded a franchise. Those early days I jumped on board to support the local team, followed the team building, attended the first game (several that first year), I tried to keep up with the Flyers but even with the growing internet it wasn't easy and eventually I was 100% Predators, still with a soft spot for the Flyers. 

I've seen everything this franchise has done first hand and loved every bit of it. Took a small detour for work down to Tampa during the 14-15 season when they went to the Final and lost, that was a super fun team to follow but now that i've been back in Nashville for a while, my love for the Lightning (as with the Flyers) is starting to fade. The Predators have my heart and always will.

36 minutes ago, Honest Bender said:

Don't forget the league office and NBC pulling for the Penguins as well. 

The Preds represented themselves very well this playoff and have nothing to be ashamed of. If RJ and Fiala were available it may have been a different outcome.

WELCOME to the forum!

@Honest Bender

Welcome aboard!  Would love to have more Preds fans around here...so the more the merrier!  :toast:

Seriously...we have a great group of members here in this hockey community.  To answer your question...yes there are a lot of Flyers fans here.  This site was founded by a Flyers fan and many of us migrated here shortly thereafter because of some issues we had elsewhere.

We have a little bit of everything here from game chats to fantasy hockey leagues, mock drafts, and blogs.  As you can see we have grown over the years and I am proud to say we have many fan bases represented here.  There are many knowledgeable hockey fans here on just about every topic you can think of.

Don't be shy and ask away if you have any questions.

Again...WELCOME to hockeyforums.net (hf.net) ! :)

best,

~pilldoc

(Manager HF.net)

(HF.net Fantasy Hockey League Manager)

1 hour ago, Honest Bender said:

Watch out for the Pens fans here. They can be real d---s. :VeryCool:

Oh - careful with @flyercanuck, too. He's old and cranky. 

In all seriousness - your boys should be proud. That was a great run. They did the city of Nashville proud. Nashville should never again be mentioned as far as "relocation" again.

I was in Nashville for the first time three weeks ago and in town for game 6 of the Conference Finals. It was great to see how much the city got behind the Predators and I was really impressed that wherever I went people were talking about hockey. It's a hockey town for sure. I also had an epic Bloody Mary that had snow crab legs, fried chicken, tater tots, and a giant pickle in it. 

2 hours ago, Honest Bender said:

Welcome aboard. Sorry for your loss.

Soi have a question i was at work last night (7pm-7am) and didn't get a chance to see a lick of game 6. However i seen this pic posted many places what is the question in the said pic?

DCFYeGhV0AIT3XD.jpg

Was a goal disallowed or something i have seen no explanation but it looks like it is about to cross the goal line.

Preds get screwed or something?

Ref thought Murray had the puck (you can see his positioning in that photo) and blew a quick whistle. Technically the call of no goal was correct, but the quick whistle was pretty brutal. I think Sissons had his stick on the puck, or was at least in the act of lunging at the puck while the whistle was blowing. There is language in the rulebook which allows the officials to count that goal, but they chose not to. In the end, the Predators were unable to score more than one disallowed goal in the entirety of game five and six, so that one play definitely wasn't the deciding factor.

@Honest Bender

Welcome to this site...! :toast:

Given that Hockey Forums already has about 1,000 known Flyer fans :D 

it's probably all right that you've moved from them to the Predators and 

Lightning as your top-two teams. :) In all seriousness though many 

Flyer fans on this site, and many fans of whatever team, are great 

hockey fans, fun to interact with, to learn from. 

The Predators were a blast to watch! Especially their home games! 

Pred fans can be proud that their team made it to Game 6 of the 

Stanley Cup Finals. Watch out for this team if they get and stay

healthy next season. They're hard enough to knock off even when

banged up. And watch out, Pittsburgh, if next year sees a Finals 

rematch with not only healthy Smashvilleans but a Rinne who's 

exorcised his Penguin demons. 

Maybe you could be the person who mock-drafts for the Preds next year...? :scratcheshead:

It's my first year mock-drafting and I'm having a blast. And we

are only just getting started! :rock:

43 minutes ago, Honest Bender said:

Ref thought Murray had the puck (you can see his positioning in that photo) and blew a quick whistle. Technically the call of no goal was correct, but the quick whistle was pretty brutal. I think Sissons had his stick on the puck, or was at least in the act of lunging at the puck while the whistle was blowing. There is language in the rulebook which allows the officials to count that goal, but they chose not to. In the end, the Predators were unable to score more than one disallowed goal in the entirety of game five and six, so that one play definitely wasn't the deciding factor.

Ok terrible to lose that way.

So hard to get there and to do it again even harder...

2 minutes ago, thenewestlights said:

@Honest Bender

Maybe you could be the person who mock-drafts for the Preds next year...? :scratcheshead:

Absolutely I would love to be part of that, too bad I was late getting here this year, i've actually spent a ton of time researching the draft prospects this season.

7 hours ago, Honest Bender said:

Welcome aboard! The Preds gave me a scare the first few games! This was a well played series! 

3 hours ago, thenewestlights said:

3 hours ago, Honest Bender said:

Absolutely I would love to be part of that, too bad I was late getting here this year, i've actually spent a ton of time researching the draft prospects this season.

@FD19372 .... would you mind giving @Honest Bender the chance for him to pick for Nashville in the Mock Draft this year?.  Would like to get him involved.  If you want I can give you Calgary? I was already pick for 4 team (5 spots since the Blues have 2 picks in 1st round).  I don't mind giving you Calgary if you are amendable to giving up Nashville,  I would just like to get the new member involved since he IS a Preds fan, :)

Let me know asap if this is agreeable.

37 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

@FD19372 .... would you mind giving @Honest Bender the chance for him to pick for Nashville in the Mock Draft this year?.  Would like to get him involved.  If you want I can give you Calgary? I was already pick for 4 team (5 spots since the Blues have 2 picks in 1st round).  I don't mind giving you Calgary if you are amendable to giving up Nashville,  I would just like to get the new member involved since he IS a Preds fan, :)

Let me know asap if this is agreeable.

Yep, I can do that. I'll take Calgary.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived