Drouin Traded To Montreal

@habsguy26

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/analysis/2017/6/16/15815472/alex-galchenyuk-nathan-mackinnon-jonathan-drouin-trade-rumours-analysis-canadiens-avalanche

Read it a few places, possibility that the Habs go hard after MacKinnon for Galchenyuk and Beaulieu which makes a ton of sense both ways. I do not believe that Chucky by himself nets you MacKinnon but if enough moving pieces reunite MacKinnon and Drouin in Montreal and your boys manage to hold onto Radulov it would be a hell of an offseason.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, hobie said:

I don't care if a player is whiny, bratty, antisocial, whatever so long as he's productive and puts my team in a position to win.

I agree with this.

Though I can see the point of people who point that out about Drouin, I also have seen that young man grow as a professional after the sending down to the minors then sent home thing passed.

Drouin could have absolutely gone completely the other way, retard his own growth with tantrums and finger pointing, but instead, took his medicine, then when the inevitable call up back to the big club came, he made the most of it.

I am very curious to see what kind of fruit will bear for the Bolts from this trade down the road, but for the here and now, I think TB got a little "worse" as a team by dealing away Drouin. At least in the short term.

Hopefully, like I posted earlier, there will be 2 or 3 players that can step in and at least make up for Drouin not being on the forward units........and hopefully one of those guys will be a regular winger for Stamkos, who seems at his best when he has a partner he can rely on consistently.

I thought Drouin COULD have been that guy.

But overall, you are right. As long as the player is productive and helps the team win, any other flaws can be overlooked.

However, that same type of 'bratty' player struggles....and oh boy...look out.....the critics with their "I told you so" pitchforks will be out in full force!

And in Montreal, pitchforked hockey mobs are Unionized.... :bigteeth:

Ryan Kesler is supposedly a whiny, antisocial so I'd have been happy to see him on the Leafs.

One of Anaheim's developmental gurus admitted that Drouin's time was wasted(unnecessary) when he was returned to junior for his draft plus 2 year, basically said that his extra junior time was probably counterproductive and his bad habits became even further entrenched. I can't remember who said that.

Archived