Jean-Gabriel Pageau (F)
Zack Smith (F)
Mark Stone (F)
Kyle Turris (F)
Cody Ceci (D)
Erik Karlsson (D)
Dion Phaneuf (D)
Craig Anderson (G)

Not a surprising list. Looks like Phaneuf didn't waive the NMC, which I saw coming. It'll be interesting to see who Vegas choose, really.

2 hours ago, Puck_Pun said:

Not a surprising list. Looks like Phaneuf didn't waive the NMC, which I saw coming. It'll be interesting to see who Vegas choose, really.

What do you do there if you're Vegas?   I'd stay away from MacArthur due to health reasons.  Otherwise, he'd be a nice grab.

Ryan's cap hit is ridiculous and, I think, unjustified. 

Neil, Kelly, Stalberg are all UFAs, as is Condon (who I'd look at)

Borowiecki?

Burrows?  (I don't, personally, but he's not expensive and short-term and gives some veteran presence)

Not a truly exciting list, huh?

Neil is an interesting one, and where he goes ultimately depends on what sort of role he wants to be in. Due to his age, if he were to go to Vegas (which is unlikely but hey let's speculate) his best role would be in a sort of mentor role to teach upcoming enforcers on how to do the job properly. Though that's assuming Vegas would play a style of hockey that requires one. Whatever team he goes to, I think he does have a role to play in the next couple of years.

Condon would be a good goalie for Vegas, even if they just use him as a backup. He carried the Senators for months while Anderson took time off so he's shown that he can perform under pressure over a long stretch of games. It's disappointing that talks between the Sens and him broke down, the pair of Anderson and Condon made for a good set of hands in front of the net. There's a chance he could be chosen by Vegas, and if he isn't I wouldn't be surprised if the Flyers were calling him to see if he would be interested.

I don't know really who they would choose. Methot? He didn't play much in 16/17, but he has potential. Wiggles? For some reason I keep thinking he'll play better than he does. Burows is a possibility. I dunno, I don't pay a huge amount of attention to how this back room stuff works.

Archived