Mrazek left unprotected

hf101

Really interesting move here by the Red Wings.

A report from theScore is stating that Mrazek has had attitude issues leading to Detroit protecting the 33-year-old Howard.   https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1320875-report-mrazek-s-attitude-issues-led-to-howard-s-protection

I would think not protecting him might lead to more issues... so does that mean Detroit might be looking to trade Mrazek this off-season?

Threw my hands up over this one, of course he hasnt dont much of anything for a year and a half, but Howard is older and cannot stay healthy. The odds are that neither would be drafted but the more likely would be Mrazek, after watching Darling, Smith and Bishop already fill in three seats of musical chairs the feeling is that Holland should have been more aggressive in dealing Mrazek while he still held a few cards rather than risk exposing him.

I too found it odd Detroit would expose Mrazek, despite his struggles this past season.

One theory could be that since Marc Andre Fleury is available for draft, that the Vegas Knights will undoubtedly grab him as their starting goalie, lessening the chance that other upside goalies would be drafted.

That said, Vegas could still take Mrazek as a back up to MAF.

Another could be, as was mentioned, the alleged "attitude" problems.

Then again, maybe Mrazek's attitude can be justified perhaps, as the Wings can't seem to make up their mind whether they want Petr to be their guy or Howard....when Howard is healthy that is.

This could be frustrating the young goalie who likely just wants to play, even through his struggles, to get his NHL legs for good, without having to worry about the healthy-then not healthy Howard breathing down his neck.

Of course, Mrazek still has to be a professional and just do his job when called upon, but still, if I am Detroit, unless there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with Mrazek, I don't give up on him just yet.....or run the risk Vegas may be able to fix what ails him.

Here is an interesting thought if, say, Vegas decides NOT to take Mrazek and Detroit is convinced he no longer fits:

A certain orange n black team desperately needs a good young goalie. What could the Wings get from them if they packaged Mrazek, and say, oh, I dunno, a 2nd or 3rd rounder (Wings have a few 3rd rounders).....could it be possible the Wings could pry one of the young D the O and B have?

Hmmm................ 

I hadn't heard of these attitude issues, but one thing we can all agree on is that the Detroit Red Wings franchise has always been one of maturity and respect, and anyone who does not get on board with that will be quickly shown the door.  The last thing the Wings need right now is Jack Parkman in the locker room.

parkman.jpg?w=420

Archived