NHL Jerseys and General Concept Design Talk

Puck_Pun

Low res I know. I was under the impression Ottawa were dumping the Roman logo in favour of the O logo. No huge changes that jump out at me, though I see the expected change for the Oilers is in there.

19396926_1538564332860382_1315148754015946793_n.jpg

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
Updated title for general NHL jersey talk
  • Good Post 1

@Puck_Pun

Nice!

I'm a sucker for inventive (though eye pleasing) hockey sweater designs.

Dammit on the Lightning though...they are STILL gonna go with freakin Maple Leaf blue n white...ugh...

They REALLY need to go back to classic Bolt Blue, Black n Silver.

TONS of concept Tampa Bay sweater art on the internet..and many of them look more true to 'Tampa Bay colors' than the current Maple Leaf-wannabe scheme.

As for the Sens, I rather like the Roman dude.

In fact, I preferred the previous Roman dude that showed him from the profile. Less cartoony that older one.

But I still like the current Roman guy over just a plain "O"

And the Panthers' STILL looks like a soccer club jersey...haha

• Like 2

Huh, it does look like a soccer jersey.

Honestly regardless of what logo they use, I wanted a somewhat more interesting design. The one they went for is... well, boring, like last year. I do agree that the profile shot worked a lot better.

Also, did you notice Las Vegas' outfit? Ugh. If I were to go to bed wearing something like that yeah, it's a fine design. But on the ice? Looks so drab. See a better shot below-

19399296_1538595566190592_3783622894503906907_n.jpg

Edited by Puck_Pun
Added image
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Honest Bender said:

I'm ashamed of what happened to the Predators jersey. It was very good before, they made a few minor tweaks and now it's just a yellow curtain with a Preds logo on it. I hope it looks a lot better with full gear on the ice.

I agree...way too much yellow. They should switch back to their inaugural jerseys they wore from '99-'01. This is especially true for the road ones back then, which were predominantly blue with gray along the shoulders.

They say it's from the future but it looks the same as before (if there are minor differences, please, point them out). That said, why change a jersey design that works so well? Good colours, clean design with enough going on to not be boring, and with the focus on a great logo.

• Like 2

Just now, FD19372 said:

I agree...way too much yellow. They should switch back to their inaugural jerseys they wore from '99-'01. This is especially true for the road ones back then, which were predominantly blue with gray along the shoulders.

I still wear my '99 Legwand jersey to every game! 

• Like 1

Not sure why they needed to do away with the stripes on the body of the Devils jersey. This new one looks so...plain. Although it could be worse, they could have Nashville's jersey. Seriously, did Adidas just forget about them and at the last minute just threw that together? I do like the Avs going back to the old design though, and that Buffalo jersey looks so much better without that stupid piping.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Honest Bender said:

I'm ashamed of what happened to the Predators jersey. It was very good before, they made a few minor tweaks and now it's just a yellow curtain with a Preds logo on it. I hope it looks a lot better with full gear on the ice.

25 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Here's that Predator 1999 design.

I think it looks unique and much more interesting than the plain yellow/gold they have now.

Nsh 1999.jpg

• hf101 changed the title to NHL jersey designs for 17/18

Ottawa had it right the first time, but they've gotten worse every time they change jerseys. Sometimes simpler is better.

Well, except for the Devils new one, which looks like they half-assed it. But at least they didn't mess with the logo. If they did the Prudential Center may have been burned down by Devils fans (all 13 of us).

• Like 1