NHL Jerseys and General Concept Design Talk

Puck_Pun

On 12/11/2017 at 8:15 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Watching some of the Panthers-Red Wings game, and in looking over at the Panthers' jersey (the logo STILL looks like a soccer club one to me), the jersey design is kinda starting to grow on me, but I am still bothered by the 'shield' design.

Maybe that is what is making it look like an MLS club....maybe it's just me.

I like nearly everything about those Panther sweaters.

I think I really l like the fact that the logo has a soccer feel.  The look is pretty unique IMO.  The color scheme is good. The broad stripe across the midriff has a retro feel to it that I like. The secondary logo on the sleeve is cool, I could stand for less FL flag...but overall I like these a lot.   

I like the 3rd concept for the Nordiques with the script Quebec, I also like that more-slate-than-royal blue too. Like you, I like the fleur-de-lis concept that you posted last, That is a great monochrome scheme.  The color is good and my French mother says you can never go wrong with the fleur-de-lis in your logo.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 9:02 PM, hf101 said:

I have to agree.

I like the new Wild jersey:wild:

On 8/5/2017 at 9:45 AM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@Honest Bender  and @AlaskaFlyerFan

I too think the new sweater looks kinda "plain".

Below, I found these as concept ones on the internet...tellin ya, there are some real creative people out there.....NHL teams SHOULD try reaching out or hiring some of them, as I think the stuff your average jane or joe comes up with is better than the paid so-called 'professional designers' !!

Preds Concept 11.jpg Preds Concept 22.jpg

As you can see, both of these concept sets look pretty similar to the ones the Preds were using last season with the changes being mostly in lines and the sleeve areas.

For Preds fans, the Alt jersey of black n blue above may not sit well though.

Those are actually the Tampa Bay Lightning colors they USED to use, which sadly, I don't think the team will go back to.

But anyways, I thought these two sets were the best Nashville ones that the Preds WON'T be using.

I like the Preds concept designs though......Smart Asses! :hyper::hocky::predators:

On 11/4/2017 at 3:23 PM, WordsOfWisdom said:

That would work if they made the arm strips orange OR one stripe orange and the other stripe blue. Like so:

thumb.jpg.f174644ead0c5087bb234358b382da6a.jpg

:)

I like this jersey better than just plain blue.:islanders:

Edited by Devin Wieser
  • Like 2

On 12/18/2017 at 6:29 AM, MadDevil said:

I'd easily bring back that Ducks logo, but with their current colors. The webbed D might be the dumbest logo currently in the league. Something like this...

DDHBmIdUAAACdxQ.jpg

I don't know why but I hate the orange in the Ducks jerseys. It doesn't fit. They should just have black and gold.  Orange and gold doesn't work, and I suspect those jerseys won't have a long future in the NHL.  :(

I do prefer the older logo though, although both are bad in my opinion. Can't take either seriously.  :)

Edited by WordsOfWisdom

• pilldoc unpinned this topic
  • 8 months later...

TB Lightning unveiled these new alternates the other day.
They will be the "Saturday" sweaters.
Design is about the same as the blue n whites, except they went with the charcoal grey gradients, a sorta "stealth look" if you will.

Not bad, but I thought the badges, names, and numbers were a bit too muted. Hard to make out at least on television.
Maybe they look brighter in person?
At least they tried a different type color scheme, but I STILL want the black, blue n silver of old worked in there somewhere.

TB3rd.jpg.0127de595b8010e3328b0c4b2971c2ed.jpg

TB3rd2.jpg.4d573b4ef02febf9e2f1af147424d0a6.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 5:18 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Design is about the same as the blue n whites, except they went with the charcoal grey gradients, a sorta "stealth look" if you will.

Not bad, but I thought the badges, names, and numbers were a bit too muted. Hard to make out at least on television.
At least they tried a different type color scheme, but I STILL want the black, blue n silver of old worked in there somewhere.

Everybody's disappearing for the weekend. 🎶

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2019 at 7:18 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Have we reached the saturation point with jerseys yet?

Does an NHL jersey mean anything any more?  :(

On 2/24/2019 at 10:16 PM, thenewestlights said:

It's as though teams are playing a game of color Monopoly. First team to collect all the colors wins. 

Teams that are playing well in NHL Color Monopoly include:

• Vancouver (blue, green, black, yellow, orange, red, silver, burgundy)
  • Buffalo (blue, yellow, black, red, silver)
  • Anaheim 
  • Tampa Bay
  • New York Islanders
  • Edmonton
  • Calgary
  • Minnesota
  • Los Angeles
  • Washington
  • Pittsburgh

etc.

Teams that are lagging behind in NHL Color Monopoly include:

• Montreal  (Where are the green and yellow jerseys? What about silver and burgundy?)
  • Ottawa (Same as above, and they haven't even wore blue and white yet!)
  • Detroit (Anxiously awaiting Detroit's new blue and green uniforms!)

Biggest movers and shakers recently include:

• Toronto (now claiming green)

• Haha 1

On 2/10/2019 at 7:18 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I like these... A lot.

On television the silver plays to a slate blue almost.  

I think they're a great concept.  I am a huge fan of the bolt logo , so much so I "borrowed" the concept for tween girl mojo's cheer team alternate logo. I thought these looked crisp.  count me as a fan.

Generally I am not an "oh it's black...so cool" when it comes to aesthetics, however when black is done right, I can get on board.

I do not like the black concept NY Islanders sweater for example and I hated the original Flyers black sweaters,  The whole vibe of this alternate is good though.

I like them almost as much as the panthers ...:D

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/16/2019 at 4:10 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

As per @hf101 's post on the Buffalo Sabres new sweaters (yes, Jefe, we DO have a thread for this.. :biggrin: ), here are the "golden" jerseys the Sabres will be using as thirds this coming season...and I agree, they DO look nice.

It's official: gold, silver, and grey are the "IN" colors in the NHL right now.

Expect every team to copy this until the trend gets run into the ground. 

3 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

It's official: gold, silver, and grey are the "IN" colors in the NHL right now.

Expect every team to copy this until the trend gets run into the ground. 

Instead of color changes, would you prefer a style change?
Perhaps this lil tube top number? :bigteeth:

I can see these being GREAT for a heritage classic outdoor game...………...
strapless.jpg.e771d9c8b043420f56a4458529b84620.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Not really diggin' on the new All Star Jerseys...it's supposed to be a musical score but reminds me more of those chalk lines my elementary teachers used to draw on the boards to show you how to write in cursive...and yes, I am that old where I remember chalk, chalk boards, AND cursive writing...and if it's in St Louis, why the black and white? Those're LA colors. Not hideous, but just kind of Meh...

cut.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

What the f is Vegas thinking? These chrome domes are ridiculous! They should say least have shiny sweaters to match their shiny helmets, they heads look like C-3PO from start wars haha!

medium?v=v2&px=400

medium?v=v2&px=400

medium?v=v2&px=400

On 12/17/2017 at 1:30 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

And how about these should Quebec ever get another NHL team?

These were designed circa 2013, but I think they are pretty nice.

Nordiques.png.jpg

Yeah I wish Quebec could get a team again, but for now I really like Colorado using Quebec designs.

medium?v=v2&px=400

And these are good too

medium?v=v2&px=400

On 12/18/2017 at 4:29 AM, MadDevil said:

I'd easily bring back that Ducks logo, but with their current colors. The webbed D might be the dumbest logo currently in the league. Something like this...

DDHBmIdUAAACdxQ.jpg

Totally agree, the original Mighty Ducks logo is one of the best and most original, also totally agree that the webbed D is one of the all time worst.

• 3 weeks later...

So the retro reverse sweaters were kind of hit or miss depending on which team.  Yet for the Wild, honestly they were the best jerseys we EVER had.  Yet, the Wild barely wore them; and more disappointingly never wore them in front of Wild fans.  

We haven't seen a Winter Classic sweater yet but that's coming this year for the Wild.  Hopefully its more like the retro reverse one although it will probably be bland and boring instead.