Hossa to retire? Cap Circumvention 101.

flyercanuck

Apparently Marian Hossa may be forced to retire...due to an allergic reaction to hockey equipment.  :sarcasm:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-marian-hossa-might-played-final-nhl-game/

Amazing how he was able to play through this near death experience...until his contract started paying him $1 million actual dolllars a year. 

That is why those types of contracts were banned in the last CBA. Hossa to retire because of his uniform itching is an absurd way of the Hawks attempting to circumvent the rules. 

But wait... they are getting new jerseys this year.  :anidea:

After reading the article it isn't retirement what the Blackhawks are after here it is LTIR, they wouldn't want that 3.675M cap hit for the next 3 years.

btw, that video brought back a lot of bad memories...  

54 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

That is why those types of contracts were banned in the last CBA. Hossa to retire because of his uniform itching is an absurd way of the Hawks attempting to circumvent the rules. 

there are drugs called Anti-Histamines and steroidal creams (not the anabolic steroids that are banned) that would counteract this reaction ........:thinking:

The sources who confirmed the allergy stressed not to make fun of it, with one saying, “It’s only funny to anyone who’s never had it.” Details are sketchy, because no one would give full information, but the medication necessary to combat the allergy is potent enough that doctors wanted his blood tested every few weeks to make sure there were no major side effects.

What the hell is he taking ????  a Monoclonal Antibody??? ...good grief ..talk about over kill  (it's the only thing I can think of) :scratcheshead:

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

there are drugs called Anti-Histamines and steroidal creams (not the anabolic steroids that are banned) that would counteract this reaction ........:thinking:

The sources who confirmed the allergy stressed not to make fun of it, with one saying, “It’s only funny to anyone who’s never had it.” Details are sketchy, because no one would give full information, but the medication necessary to combat the allergy is potent enough that doctors wanted his blood tested every few weeks to make sure there were no major side effects.

What the hell is he taking ????  a Monoclonal Antibody??? ...good grief ..talk about over kill  (it's the only thing I can think of) :scratcheshead:

Pretty sure what he is allergic to is playing for a million bucks a year for the next four years......

Statement from Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa: 

Over the course of the last few years, under the supervision of the Blackhawks medical staff, I have been privately undergoing treatment for a progressive skin disorder and the side effects of the medications involved to treat the disorder. Due to the severe side effects associated with those medications, playing hockey is not possible for me during the upcoming 2017-18 season. While I am disappointed that I will not be able to play, I have to consider the severity of my condition and how the treatments have impacted my life both on and off the ice.

The Chicago Blackhawks organization, including Rocky Wirtz, John McDonough and Stan Bowman, and my agent, Ritch Winter, have been very supportive throughout this entire process. I would also like to thank my teammates and the amazing Blackhawks fans for their understanding. With respect to the privacy of my family, I will not be commenting any further on my health.

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/news/medical-update-on-marian-hossa/c-290029810

• hf101 changed the title to Hossa to retire? Cap Circumvention 101.

lolzzz

come on...

How convenient. This is cap circumvention 101 and they're using quite possibly the worst excuse I've ever heard. League should investigate, but they won't  

9 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

This is about as legitimate as " I launched myself into Sean Couturiers head to try and avoid contact". 

who made that quote FC?

11 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

lolzzz

come on...

How convenient. This is cap circumvention 101 and they're using quite possibly the worst excuse I've ever heard. League should investigate, but they won't  

The Yotes need another Pronger contract to get to the cap floor.

Caps were made to be circumvented lol. ;)

My advice for the league: Institute a luxury tax system. Let the teams spend openly. It's what they want to do. Stop trying to hide it. Teams will spend their way around any system the NHL implements. It's all loopholes and BS. 

12 hours ago, pilldoc said:

That calamine lotion just knocks the schitt out of you!!  :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

On 6/21/2017 at 7:48 AM, pilldoc said:

Every time I have been prescribed Steroidal creams for ankle itches, they very specifically told me NOT to use it for more than a week or two

(And they don't work well enough because I have had this ankle rash for 2 years now)

But yeah, this situation is definitely shady.

Archived