New Uniforms unveiled

Well not sure if you saw them but they look throw back style to me.  Like something out of the 1940's.  But the road jersey's or the light ones I like.  I hate the home jerseys.  They could have done far better.  And Mods, you should have posted the tile Las Vegas.  Not Vegas. 

I like. Just noticed the "V" in the helmet. Not too over the top - they look "professional".  I do think that it's not a coincidence that the focal colors are black and grey what with the Raaaaaaaaaiders coming to town in a few years.

27 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Well not sure if you saw them but they look throw back style to me.  Like something out of the 1940's.  But the road jersey's or the light ones I like.  I hate the home jerseys.  They could have done far better.  And Mods, you should have posted the tile Las Vegas.  Not Vegas. 

"Las" is not a part of the official team name @Hockey Junkie. They are the Vegas Golden Knights. 

• Like 1

@hf101

Weird--When I first saw this thread and responded, 

it was showing no responses yet. I wouldn't have 

posted what you already had had I seen your post. 

:scratcheshead:

And according to what I'm seeing from time stamps 

here, you may have engaged in some Time travel 

to end up the first poster...? :) 

:cheers:

Not a fan of any of this.

the colors...wtf ? I think the Knights is a terrible name, I hate the primary logo.

these design choices reek of "focus group driven committee".

maybe they look better in person but, i doubt it. 

there were so many great choices available that actually went with geography/history of the city and surrounding area, (51) and the ownership group chose golden showers...er knights.

****** sad.

29 minutes ago, davethehammer said:

It makes sense though. Its the color of Armor and money/coins  and the gold is Medieval Royalty and Vegas.

its like the Kings uni's in a way. Its a little gothic

I agree, I think they got it right on the first try here.then not only V for Vegas, but V for Victory too.  I wish the Kings would bring back the crown in their logo again with some purple stripes or piping as I'm not a fan of their current look.

btw,  :welcome: to the site.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2017 at 11:28 AM, B21 said:

I like. Just noticed the "V" in the helmet. Not too over the top - they look "professional".  I do think that it's not a coincidence that the focal colors are black and grey what with the Raaaaaaaaaiders coming to town in a few years.

Similar to the Canucks in the early 90s! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hf101 said:

I agree, I think they got it right on the first try here.then not only V for Vegas, but V for Victory too.  I wish the Kings would bring back the crown in their logo again with some purple stripes or piping as I'm not a fan of their current look.

Agree with you on the Kings uniforms! I liked the uniforms of the mid to late 70s! Should bring those back. 

8 hours ago, hf101 said:

I also forgot to mention as I said  on  Chris Creamer and facebook. They'll change the uni in a couple years anyway like they always do with moving and expansion teams. ..Ducks,Coyotes etc

23 hours ago, davethehammer said:

I also forgot to mention as I said  on  Chris Creamer and facebook. They'll change the uni in a couple years anyway like they always do with moving and expansion teams. ..Ducks,Coyotes etc

I absolutely agree.

Give them about 2 or 3 seasons and they will be moving to these babies.... :ph34r:

Armor Suit.jpg

I am guessing though, that these sweaters will be hard for fans to carry around and wear when its even a bit warm out, no?

Plus, I think metal hockey wear would probably be more expensive then your usual 160 US dollar twill........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/22/2017 at 2:50 PM, notfondajane said:

Similar to the Canucks in the early 90s! 

I was just about to say that they beat the Vancouver Canucks to their own jerseys!  Vancouver was going to switch back to the 1990's style uniforms but now Vegas has the same colors.  :)

The transformation will be complete once the Knights switch the silver to black, and I think that change will happen sooner rather than later. Within five years they will look exactly like the Canucks from the mid 90's. 

14 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I was just about to say that they beat the Vancouver Canucks to their own jerseys!  Vancouver was going to switch back to the 1990's style uniforms but now Vegas has the same colors.  :)

The transformation will be complete once the Knights switch the silver to black, and I think that change will happen sooner rather than later. Within five years they will look exactly like the Canucks from the mid 90's. 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 6/22/2017 at 2:26 AM, davethehammer said:

It makes sense though. Its the color of Armor and money/coins  and the gold is Medieval Royalty and Vegas.

its like the Kings uni's in a way. Its a little gothic

and its pretty much Raiders colors as well

• 9 months later...
On 6/21/2017 at 11:35 PM, thenewestlights said:

I think they look pretty cool, kind of interesting ----

DCzzbIpUAAQDv0X.jpg

----sort of a 'Germany meets Belgium out on the Vegas strip' thing going on. :lol:

The one on the right looks good, simple, but i think they can improve it more.Just sayin.

it looks better up close then I expected.

here's the thing.. I'm 53,..not even that big a hockey fan, but a sports fan in general. I like hockey jerseys.. long sleeves,interesting designs.

My friend got me a Vegas jersey for Christmas.. out of the blue...

he got me #18, who only played for them last year..in 2018, their first year..perfect.

I dont wear jerseys in public but I like wearing them around the house as my comfortable colorful ,relax wear. I'm a sports fan and like uniforms and football helmet history/designs.

cool details in these jerseys..like the gold leafs and the ornate black crest border.

had to hem up the sleeves a little though.. probably could have gone a size down, maybe.

u153aQZj_o.jpg

XlXWYAIy_o.jpg

4w2OeCcf_o.jpg

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Canadian puck purists hate when us Yanks call them jerseys! It's a sweater, eh? And they're called breezers, not hockey pants!🇨🇦🇺🇸🏒

No, we hated when you Yanks came up with the stupid glo-puck thing.

I have no idea what a "breezer" is. 

Jersey, I can live with.