Potential Side Deal with Wild and Vegas ...

pilldoc

Wild to Send Erik Haula and Alex Tuch to Golden Knights

One of the first reported deals of the day came from Michael Russo of Star Tribune. The deal reported would ensure that the Golden Knights take forward Erik Haula as opposed to taking a player like Matt Dumba, Eric Staal or Marco Scandella. In return for leaving those three players to remain with the Wild, however, Minnesota is sending one of their top prospects in Alex Tuch to the Golden Knights. Additionally, the Wild are sending a future conditional pick to the Golden Knights. Additionally, Russo is reporting that Haula has signed a multi-year extension with the Golden Knights.

SOURCES: #mnwild's Erik Haula signs with Vegas Golden Knights, Alex Tuch likely bound for Vegas by day's end https://t.co/Hxtho3c70x

— Michael Russo (@Russostrib) June 21, 2017

That's a pretty nice haula, lol

Haula can fly!  And Tuch is a big SOB if I recall. Plus a pick. 

Plus I also heard the Wild gave up Ben Dover in the deal  :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

UPDATE: Russo reports Haula signed a three-year deal with the Golden Knights and will count as their selection from the Wild. The Wild will send Alex Tuch and to the Golden Knights for taking Haula. The Golden Knights will send the Wild a conditional future draft pick in the deal.

The Wild drafted Tuch 14th overall in 2014. He scored 18 goals and added 19 assists in 57 games at the AHL level this season.

Haula scored 15 goals and added 11 assists in 72 games this season. The 26-year-old owns 42 goals and 47 assists in 266 career games, all with the Wild.

Good news, bad news for Wild fans on this.

Good news of course, Mat Dumba and Marco Scandella will be left alone.

Sure Dumba hasn't reached his full potential (and some pundits feel he may not), but I haven't given up on him, seeing as how he has come a long way from being a completely clueless rookie player out there to a competent NHL defenseman now.

Plus, he is only 22 damned years old and can skate VERY well and does have offensive upside as well. One simply does not give up on a young defenseman like that so quickly. There is a reason after all, teams in the past have inquired about him and the Knights threatened to take him.

Scandella, of course, is in the prime of his defensive career, and does a bit of everything for Minnesota, from hitting, to transitional offense, can play on the PP or PK, blocks shots, and has a very good point shot. His only real issue is if he can stay healthy which he has had trouble doing over the course of his time with the Wild.

But a healthy Scandella would be tough to replace at this stage for Minnesota.

Bad news----

Erik Haula is a nice, if not spectacular player to give up.

Obviously, I'd rather give up him than the young D-man Matthew Dumba (and the GM feels the same way too apparently), but nonetheless, Minnesota is giving up a nice Center-winger, who can play on any line, just about with any type of linemate, and will, albeit in streaks, be productive.

Haula had yet to find consistency at the  NHL level, which is why he was mostly mired in the bottom six for the Wild, but perhaps Vegas will use him in a higher role more often and he will grow further from that.

And then we have Alex Tuch, Minny's 1st rounder from 2014.

He played some games with Minnesota and he looked pretty good. Good size, seems to have decent offensive instincts.

Of course, no one knows how he will pan out the rest of his career.....he could turn out to be the next great power forward, or he can turn out to be just an ok big forward.

So I am worried more about Minny giving up Tuch than giving up Haula.....but again, if it means leaving Dumba and Scandella (a still up n coming defenseman and a proven NHL defenseman) intact, then Tuch will, as the still yet UNPROVEN guy, will have to be the price.

21 years old and already 6'4 220 though for Tuch.....guess we will have to see.

Eric Staal as a potential take form Vegas? I suppose.

But I think Staal's age (not old, but not very young either) would have prohibited Vegas from taking him anyways.

Dumba and Scandella, IMO, were the biggest targets on Minnesota for the Knights.

22 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Good news, bad news for Wild fans on this.

Good news of course, Mat Dumba and Marco Scandella will be left alone.

Sure Dumba hasn't reached his full potential (and some pundits feel he may not), but I haven't given up on him, seeing as how he has come a long way from being a completely clueless rookie player out there to a competent NHL defenseman now.

Plus, he is only 22 damned years old and can skate VERY well and does have offensive upside as well. One simply does not give up on a young defenseman like that so quickly. There is a reason after all, teams in the past have inquired about him and the Knights threatened to take him.

Scandella, of course, is in the prime of his defensive career, and does a bit of everything for Minnesota, from hitting, to transitional offense, can play on the PP or PK, blocks shots, and has a very good point shot. His only real issue is if he can stay healthy which he has had trouble doing over the course of his time with the Wild.

But a healthy Scandella would be tough to replace at this stage for Minnesota.

Bad news----

Erik Haula is a nice, if not spectacular player to give up.

Obviously, I'd rather give up him than the young D-man Matthew Dumba (and the GM feels the same way too apparently), but nonetheless, Minnesota is giving up a nice Center-winger, who can play on any line, just about with any type of linemate, and will, albeit in streaks, be productive.

Haula had yet to find consistency at the  NHL level, which is why he was mostly mired in the bottom six for the Wild, but perhaps Vegas will use him in a higher role more often and he will grow further from that.

And then we have Alex Tuch, Minny's 1st rounder from 2014.

He played some games with Minnesota and he looked pretty good. Good size, seems to have decent offensive instincts.

Of course, no one knows how he will pan out the rest of his career.....he could turn out to be the next great power forward, or he can turn out to be just an ok big forward.

So I am worried more about Minny giving up Tuch than giving up Haula.....but again, if it means leaving Dumba and Scandella (a still up n coming defenseman and a proven NHL defenseman) intact, then Tuch will, as the still yet UNPROVEN guy, will have to be the price.

21 years old and already 6'4 220 though for Tuch.....guess we will have to see.

Eric Staal as a potential take form Vegas? I suppose.

But I think Staal's age (not old, but not very young either) would have prohibited Vegas from taking him anyways.

Dumba and Scandella, IMO, were the biggest targets on Minnesota for the Knights.

What about little known prospect Ben Dover? Wild also gave him up, I'm told.

(How many times will I have to make this joke before I get told to stop?)

56 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

What about little known prospect Ben Dover? Wild also gave him up, I'm told.

(How many times will I have to make this joke before I get told to stop?)

I heard he has a lot of upside, even more than Jack Arse.

Archived