Panthers owners

ezlot76

have to say, im concerned over what transpired at expansion draft. While up till now, the new owners have shown commitment to the team, however misguided their strategies might have been. But this has the looking of previous owners. We just did a salary dump, plain and simple. They are spinning it of course, but we werent up against the cap, and besides, this isnt quite a banner year for UFAs so even to spend some, how much better going to make us. They definily showed  there's an internal cap, for sure. Trying to give benifit of doubt, but as all panther fans, weve seen this story before. Hopefully they prove my worries unneeded

18 hours ago, ezlot76 said:

have to say, im concerned over what transpired at expansion draft. While up till now, the new owners have shown commitment to the team, however misguided their strategies might have been. But this has the looking of previous owners. We just did a salary dump, plain and simple. They are spinning it of course, but we werent up against the cap, and besides, this isnt quite a banner year for UFAs so even to spend some, how much better going to make us. They definily showed  there's an internal cap, for sure. Trying to give benifit of doubt, but as all panther fans, weve seen this story before. Hopefully they prove my worries unneeded

The problem here was in the decision to give Yandle a NMC last summer and that they were forced to protect him in the expansion draft.  I'm not sure why they felt he had to have a NMC the first year of his contract.   Had they not done that I think the Panthers would have been better off exposing Yandle and his huge cap hit and years remaining on his contract, as this probably wasn't a contract Vegas wanted,  and they would have been able to protect 7 forwards thus protecting Marchessault.  

Protected players- Unavailable to be selected by Vegas 
Aleksander Barkov (F)
Nick Bjugstad (F)
Jonathan Huberdeau (F)
Vincent Trocheck (F)
Aaron Ekblad (D)
Alex Petrovic (D)
Mark Pysyk (D)
Keith Yandle (D)
James Reimer (G)

51 minutes ago, hf101 said:

The problem here was in the decision to give Yandle a NMC last summer and that they were forced to protect him in the expansion draft.  I'm not sure why they felt he had to have a NMC the first year of his contract.  

Suppose, for example, the player wouldn't sign the contract without it?

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

The problem here was in the decision to give Yandle a NMC last summer and that they were forced to protect him in the expansion draft.  I'm not sure why they felt he had to have a NMC the first year of his contract.   Had they not done that I think the Panthers would have been better off exposing Yandle and his huge cap hit and years remaining on his contract, as this probably wasn't a contract Vegas wanted,  and they would have been able to protect 7 forwards thus protecting Marchessault.  

Protected players- Unavailable to be selected by Vegas 
Aleksander Barkov (F)
Nick Bjugstad (F)
Jonathan Huberdeau (F)
Vincent Trocheck (F)
Aaron Ekblad (D)
Alex Petrovic (D)
Mark Pysyk (D)
Keith Yandle (D)
James Reimer (G)

I have stated since day 1 that Yandle's contract is ridiculosly bad. Dont hate the player but the cap hit  at end of contract is way to high. Worse now that there seems to be an unternal cap. While I would have liked to leave him exposed, doesnt look like that was going to matter. From what I've read, looks like we made a deal with Vegas that wed expose Marchessault if they'd deal for Smith. Yeah we pulled Yandle so fast cause he knew he wasnt getting that deal anywhere else, thanks Rowe

Archived