Sabres take top ranked Euro goalie in draft

Buffalo Rick

Luukkonen, who led Finland to Gold and Silver medals, is ranked the best goalie out of Europe by the NHL>   I am hoping that he is good enough to unseat Lehner who to me, is not up to par.  Maybe even Ullmark can be in the mix?  But I they took this goalie fairly hight.  The goalie is happy to be here, and likely knows Ristolainen.  i am fairly confident he will get a shot to  unseat Lehner

4 hours ago, Samifan said:

May very well but it won't be this upcoming season.

So you think he goes to Rochester?  Who starts in Rochester? Ullmark?  The Fin?  Who backs up Lehner?  I say Lehner is toast  PS  I saw that about Ruff.  Unreal.  But he did play for Rangers for a short time after Buffalo way back in the day

14 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So you think he goes to Rochester?  Who starts in Rochester? Ullmark?  The Fin?  Who backs up Lehner?  I say Lehner is toast  PS  I saw that about Ruff.  Unreal.  But he did play for Rangers for a short time after Buffalo way back in the day

I'm not 100% sure of AHL rules but I thought the minimum age to play in the AHL is 20 or it used to be? 

55 minutes ago, Samifan said:

I'm not 100% sure of AHL rules but I thought the minimum age to play in the AHL is 20 or it used to be? 

Not for Euro's....they can play at 18.

On 6/24/2017 at 11:38 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

Luukkonen, who led Finland to Gold and Silver medals, is ranked the best goalie out of Europe by the NHL>   I am hoping that he is good enough to unseat Lehner who to me, is not up to par.  Maybe even Ullmark can be in the mix?  But I they took this goalie fairly hight.  The goalie is happy to be here, and likely knows Ristolainen.  i am fairly confident he will get a shot to  unseat Lehner

He's expected to make the jump from the HPK Finland Jr team to the HPK Sr. Team next season.....

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nhl/5799/ukko-pekka-luukkonen

I tell you right now, this guy will be the starter.  Lehner can watch or go to Rochester.  Ullmark can be the backup.  I wish we could trade Lehner.  But who on Earth would want him?  Put the Fin in there and leave him alone.   

Edwards, Sauve, Hasek, Miller, and Luukkonen.  

Archived