LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

pilldoc

3 hours ago, brelic said:

Well, he’s an overager and he should be dominating.

Sure he turned 20 in january....but he put up 63 points in 68 games last year. And Flyers don't need any goal scorers they are good.

We'll see because they never miss right....it's why Ghost was a 3rd round pick and Lindblom was a 5th GM stuff an all....right. :VeryCool:

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Twarynski is up over a point per game in his draft +2 season after that nasty hit he took last year.

He just scored on a breakaway the other night on Hart if i remember right.

Misha Vorobyev wins it in a shootout for the Phantoms 3-2.

Vorobyev and Knight scored both in regulation and in the shootout.

Three Stars
1st 2nd 3rd
6827.jpg
5658.jpg
Pheonix Copley
Hershey Bears 
SA: 35
SV: 33
TOI: 65:00
4975.jpg

The HockeyWriters did an article on 6'6" Flyer prospect Isaac Ratcliffe. Between him and Wade Allison (and hopefully Serron Noel with our 1st rounder this year :IDunnoSmiley: ) there is size coming up front, talented size that can score. 

https://thehockeywriters.com/isaac-ratcliffe-guelph-storm/?utm_content=buffer6d473&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

10 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

The HockeyWriters did an article on 6'6" Flyer prospect Isaac Ratcliffe. Between him and Wade Allison (and hopefully Serron Noel with our 1st rounder this year :IDunnoSmiley: ) there is size coming up front, talented size that can score. 

https://thehockeywriters.com/isaac-ratcliffe-guelph-storm/?utm_content=buffer6d473&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I'm think Ratcliffe along with Frost have one more year in juniors since they won't be eligible for the AHL.

I'm down with that.

Vorobyev 6-2

Laczyski 6-1

Twarynski 6-2

Marody 6-1

Strome 6-4

Bunnaman 6-3 are to be mentioned as well.

Sure i know 6-1 isn't in the realm of Ratcliffe just pointing it out that it is trending upwards away from the other 5-10 and 5-11 sized guys.

Yes Flyers are getting bigger!

35 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm think Ratcliffe along with Frost have one more year in juniors since they won't be eligible for the AHL.

I'm down with that.

Vorobyev 6-2

Laczyski 6-1

Twarynski 6-2

Marody 6-1

Strome 6-4

Bunnaman 6-3 are to be mentioned as well.

Sure i know 6-1 isn't in the realm of Ratcliffe just pointing it out that it is trending upwards away from the other 5-10 and 5-11 sized guys.

Yes Flyers are getting bigger!

Ya theres some size there...I was referring more to guys with size that can score. Strome fits in there but his skating is a concern. Bunnamen took a lateral step at best this year.  The other guys don't really project as goal scorers (of course you never know). 

31 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

The other guys don't really project as goal scorers (of course you never know). 

You don't.

Like Coots. He didn't really project as a scorer. :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Phantoms lose to Bridgeport 3-2. Tokarski gives up 3 goals on 33 shots. Get well soon Stolie!!!

Goals by Goulbourne and Carey.

Then sooooooooooooooooooclose on this one...

Phantoms lead Atlantic: 38-16-4-4 83 points

Phantoms pay the Bridgeport back 4-1.

Goals by Martel, Carey 2 goals and Bardreau.

Muse with the win stopping 39 of 40 shots.

Three Stars

3 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Best i can do on my phone at work:

The Philadelphia Flyers officially added Kelowna Rockets forward Carsen Twarynski to their organization Sunday afternoon, signing him to a three-year, entry-level contract.

Originally selected by the Flyers in the third round, 82nd overall, of the 2016 NHL Draft, Twarynski has exploded offensively in his first full season with the Rockets, scoring 70 points (43G-27A) in 66 games. He’s had 17 goals come on the power play, three while short-handed and five game-winning goals.

Equalling his entire goal total from his previous 189 games in this season alone, Twarynski has tallied a pair of hat tricks and 10 multi-goal games this season. Nine of his 19 multi-point games have seen him record at least three points.

Leading the Rockets in goals, Twarynski tied for ninth in the league for scoring and is fourth among Western Conference skaters for goals scored as the Rockets rapidly pursue claiming another B.C. Division title.

The 6-foot-2, 198-pound product of Calgary, Alta. began his WHL career with his hometown Calgary Hitmen before being traded to the Rockets during the 2016-17 season. He has 180 points in (86G-94A) in 255 career Western Hockey League regular season games between the Hitmen and Rockets. Overall, he has 21 power-play goals, nine short-handed goals and nine game-winning goals.

Twarynski is the second player from the Rockets to ink an entry-level deal in the past two weeks after Kole Lind signed a contract with the Vancouver Canucks at the start of the month.

The Rockets will be back in action against the Prince George Cougars Tuesday, March 12 (7:05 p.m. PDT) as they look to secure the division title on their own terms at Prospera Place.

Two goal game for Frost in a 6-5 Shootout loss to Owen Sound.

I believe that gives him 40 goals and 107 points on the season with 3 games left to go.

For me signing Tarynwarski (sp) was a no brainer. His size and skating ability is a plus. He also has decent hands. Put his physical in the Flyers bottom six and the team immediately gets tougher.

the last time I saw him play was on Calgary, last season I believe. So it has been a minute but his goal scoring numbers are a solid sign as well.

as a reference when Bittner was passing through Portland, he was being talked as a potential 1st rounder.  Bittner was a soft power forward who thrived off of His line mates especially Petan.

ill take Tarns game over Bittner any day. 

Was thinking about Rubstov and how we traded back and took him. Took a look at who was taken as we slid back.

Logan Stanley. Dman.  Don’t know much but Flyers were always going forward.

keiffer bellows and Cholowski. See them both in Portland. Bellows can’t skate to get his own shot off and Cholowski can’t play D. ( not good for a defenseman).  

Gauthier is struggling in the Ahl.

i still believe Rubstov is going to be  a solid middle six forward. From here that extra draft pick to slide back was a good move. Now what was that pick and who?

Edit: Laberge uhhhhhhhh

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Best i can do on my phone at work:

The Philadelphia Flyers officially added Kelowna Rockets forward Carsen Twarynski to their organization Sunday afternoon, signing him to a three-year, entry-level contract.

Originally selected by the Flyers in the third round, 82nd overall, of the 2016 NHL Draft, Twarynski has exploded offensively in his first full season with the Rockets, scoring 70 points (43G-27A) in 66 games. He’s had 17 goals come on the power play, three while short-handed and five game-winning goals.

Equalling his entire goal total from his previous 189 games in this season alone, Twarynski has tallied a pair of hat tricks and 10 multi-goal games this season. Nine of his 19 multi-point games have seen him record at least three points.

Leading the Rockets in goals, Twarynski tied for ninth in the league for scoring and is fourth among Western Conference skaters for goals scored as the Rockets rapidly pursue claiming another B.C. Division title.

The 6-foot-2, 198-pound product of Calgary, Alta. began his WHL career with his hometown Calgary Hitmen before being traded to the Rockets during the 2016-17 season. He has 180 points in (86G-94A) in 255 career Western Hockey League regular season games between the Hitmen and Rockets. Overall, he has 21 power-play goals, nine short-handed goals and nine game-winning goals.

Twarynski is the second player from the Rockets to ink an entry-level deal in the past two weeks after Kole Lind signed a contract with the Vancouver Canucks at the start of the month.

The Rockets will be back in action against the Prince George Cougars Tuesday, March 12 (7:05 p.m. PDT) as they look to secure the division title on their own terms at Prospera Place.

Should have drafted a goon there. 

It's so nice having a gm who uses every pick wisely. They may not all work out, but at least there's a chance with each one.

8 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Two goal game for Frost in a 6-5 Shootout loss to Owen Sound.

I believe that gives him 40 goals and 107 points on the season with 3 games left to go.

He's a lot of fun to watch.

Gotta love that speed!

3 hours ago, Claude Monet said:

Was thinking about Rubstov and how we traded back and took him. Took a look at who was taken as we slid back.

Logan Stanley. Dman.  Don’t know much but Flyers were always going forward.

keiffer bellows and Cholowski. See them both in Portland. Bellows can’t skate to get his own shot off and Cholowski can’t play D. ( not good for a defenseman).  

Gauthier is struggling in the Ahl.

i still believe Rubstov is going to be  a solid middle six forward. From here that extra draft pick to slide back was a good move. Now what was that pick and who?

Edit: Laberge uhhhhhhhh

Rubtsov and Laberge have both dealt with injury issues. Both seem to be coming back to life recently, putting up some decent numbers over the last couple weeks. There's still hope for the two of them.

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Should have drafted a goon there. 

It's so nice having a gm who uses every pick wisely. They may not all work out, but at least there's a chance with each one.

Homer's 3rd round pick.

Garrett Klotz hockey player photo

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=89944

Ron's

Carsen Twarynski hockey player photo

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=171141

I must say i give Ron's the edge......................by a landslide!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Homer's 3rd round pick.

Garrett Klotz hockey player photo

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=89944

Ron's

Carsen Twarynski hockey player photo

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=171141

I must say i give Ron's the edge......................by a landslide!!!!!!!!!!

No way....Klotz is bigger!  :box:

The problem with Homer's draft puck mentality was that he would draft players that he believed had the best chance a reaching their ceiling instead of drafting players that had higher ceilings but a less likely chance to reaching it

2 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

The problem with Homer's draft puck mentality was that he would draft players that he believed had the best chance a reaching their ceiling instead of drafting players that had higher ceilings but a less likely chance to reaching it

Including players who had already reached theirs in junior, and who were good for little but the penalty box.

13 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Rubtsov and Laberge have both dealt with injury issues. Both seem to be coming back to life recently, putting up some decent numbers over the last couple weeks. There's still hope for the two of them.

I hear ya FC. def still high on Rubstov. I like what I saw from WJrs. Like you said, he has been through some adversity but his overall game shows a lot of promise. 

Nice to see Laberge flashing signs of life. People were pretty high on him when drafted. Rooting for him though it is soooo nice to have a palethra of picks and prospects and needn’t be dependent on him.

Archived