LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

pilldoc

CHL prospect update....

Frost/Bunnaman battle.

Looks like Frost and the Soo have run into some adversity with the Rangers. Series tied 2-2.

Last game zero points for Frost and he finished -4. -2 in game #3. After a goal in game #2 and just an assist in game #1.

Bunnaman 13 points 16 games played so far 5 goals and 8 assist so far.

So both prospects only a goal and an assist through 4 games.

Matt Strome and his Bulldogs are up 3 games to 1.

Strome with 13 games played has 4 goals and 11 assists.

Rubstov's Titans up 3 games to 1.

Ruby was 3rd star in last game with one assist.

He has right now in 13 games played 4 goals 5 assist.

And now Hart Everett up 2 games to 1.

Last game Hart gave up 4 goals on 33 shots.

They lost game 2 Hart gave up 4 goals on 26 shots.

Game 1 win Hart gave up only 2 goals on 26 shots.

Now in the right thread......

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lineup for last night's win.

Tokarski with the win. Goals by Oskar (2 goals one a shortie) Myers and Vecchione.

Three Stars

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Haven’t paid attention to the series, did Lyon play in games 1 or 2 or has it been Tokarski the entire time?

Yes he played in both. Won the 1st one lost the 2nd one.

One ore win and they move to the 2nd round. Lyon expected to faceoff vs. McIntyre next game. College goalie battle. 

Phantoms advance to next round of playoffs after beating Bruins in OT.

Lyon with the win after making 49 saves.

Maxim Lamarche with the GWer.

Other goals, two by Conner and Bennan the other one.

It's been 10 years since the Phantoms have advanced to the 2nd round of the Playoffs.  They will play the Charlotte Checkers with home-ice advantage beginning next Fri and Sat. in Allentown for a 7 game series.

6 hours ago, hf101 said:

It's been 10 years since the Phantoms have advanced to the 2nd round of the Playoffs.  They will play the Charlotte Checkers with home-ice advantage beginning next Fri and Sat. in Allentown for a 7 game series.

Hextall could be grooming Hak's replacement as we speak....i mean he would have coach a good percentage of the youth movement say by the time Hak is in his 5th year...the list is endless by that time.

By then both goalies Hart and Sandstrom (by then).

Along with pretty much the whole defense...and 75% of the forwards.

Hak has two more year to show great improvement or Gordon will be replacing him. He wins the Calder Cup he will be a shoe in.

Oh and Gordon is a former goalie....so i could see a former goalie GM handing the reins to a former goalie for his coach. (not that any of that even matters) IRONIC!

6 hours ago, brelic said:

Great read on Hart and the possibility of playing for the Flyers next season. It's really unlikely, but it could happen. 

I really don't see the positive of putting this kid in that situation. Skip adapting to AHL speed and skill and go right to the worlds fastest skaters with the most accurate shots? With that defence? And those fans booing him and that media calling him out....ya ...what could go wrong there?

But at least start putting unnecessary pressure on him right now, while he's in the middle of a playoff race, by writing articles like this. Get him used to hating the media in Philly. 

There's really no rush and I doubt he's going to leapfrog Neuvirth and Elliot, at least not out of training camp. We could see him at some point if Elliot struggles (likely) and Neuvirth is injury (very likely) though 

Frost's Greyhounds dispatched Bunnaman's Rangers in game seven. 

Frost moves on to face Strome's Bulldogs in the OHL finals.

DcIpDVHV4AANyN9.jpg

Bunny man starts his Phantom career joining them i would guess sometime this week.

Man this Phantom squad will be as deep as ever since last time Richards and Carter joined them late to push them to the title!!!

And German Rubtsov's Acadie-Bathurst Titan advances to the QMJHL finals. Their opponent will be determined by tonight's game 7.

I think this is a good move with all the depth they have on the Phantoms for next year it will benefit them both to play big minutes in college than 3rd line minutes on the Phantoms next year.

Then they will come in as fresh troops the following year.

Laczynski

Allison

Forst

Ratcliffe

Strome

Sushko

Bernhardt

Will be a nice boost come 2019-20.

Hart wins WHL Goalie of the Year (shocker) for the 3rd time (1st player ever to do it) AND WHL Player of the Year! He beat out 70 goal scorer Jayden Halbgewachs of Moose Jaw (he played SIX seasons in the Dub...if you count the 1 game he played in 2012/13)

DcNPb4EV4AAUl2e.jpg

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Hart wins WHL Goalie of the Year (shocker) AND WHL Player of the Year!

Def well deserved. That Everett team was wasn’t pick to do anything this year. His play turned them into buyers at the deadline. 

They brought in Pilon and the defenseman from kamloops. Blew by the winter hawks in the standings and are one series away from the memorial cup.

just a phenomenal season 

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Hart wins WHL Goalie of the Year (shocker) for the 3rd time (1st player ever to do it) AND WHL Player of the Year! He beat out 70 goal scorer Jayden Halbgewachs of Moose Jaw (he played SIX seasons in the Dub...if you count the 1 game he played in 2012/13)

DcNPb4EV4AAUl2e.jpg

Trade him, his value will never be higher.

23 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Trade him, his value will never be higher.

Well, you're in luck because JVR is apparently on the trading block and will save us!:ph34r:

16 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

DcNPb4EV4AAUl2e.jpg

This is really great news once again for the kid.

DcO7vy2UwAM5mKD.jpg

However i wonder if he even knows how much pressure is now on his shoulder now after the Eagles have now won the Super Bowl??

Now i think everyone in Philly will be counting on this kid (unfairly i know and i am one too) to help finally hoist the Chalice.

I hope Ron and the gang monitor him closely and DON'T look to him before he is ready. Season him right.

I think Sandstrom will come in and apply the right type of motivation by 2019-20 (in the AHL of course) an these two will flourish in time. This will propel them forward.

Unfortunately not saying when it will be, i think there is only room in the crease for one and the loser of this epic battle (which i say isn't the right term) will be moved for a nice haul in due.

14 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Well, you're in luck because JVR is apparently on the trading block and will save us!:ph34r:

Lol, good one. But seriously, if the Flyers acquire JVR I will jump off the Slaw Rebchuk bridge

Archived