LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

pilldoc

36 minutes ago, brelic said:

From Meltzer's blog - bad news for Myers and Morin.

Phantoms don't need them.

They smoked the baby Pens (top team in Atlantic) last night 5-0!!!

With 4 ECHL Dmen!!!

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I seem to remember Ollie scoring a hat trick in a rookie scrimmage game last fall, no? 

Some late round gems by Hextall and gang. 

It is time to bring this kid over to the AHL. He needs it to continue to develop.

Nice Phantoms beat Hershey 5-4 in regulation.

Due to injuries and callups on the blueline they have now won back to back games with 4 ECHL Dmen.

That is some oustanding depth.

Comrie, De Haas, Lamarche and Hora on loan to help out!

Goals by Goulbourne, Comrie, Vecchione, Carey and Varone with the GWer!

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

A great read for some prospect info....

Flyers prospect watch: How a cup of coffee in the NHL affected Danick Martel

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/nhl/flyers/2017/12/09/flyers-prospect-watch-how-cup-coffee-nhl-affected-danick-martel/937444001/

636484191301016674-GettyImages-489552614

Wow. Awesome to get that insight from Gordon! 

But I had to answer a survey about The Source, apparently. Lol that was an annoying experience. 

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Wow. Awesome to get that insight from Gordon! 

But I had to answer a survey about The Source, apparently. Lol that was an annoying experience. 

Really i did have too.

Anyways yes a read on the kids.

The 2nd coming of John Leclair.....

allisondec9a.gif

allisondec9g.gif

allisondec9g2.gif

allisondec9g3.gif

allisondec9g3replay.gif

allisondec9celly.gif

allisondec9hat.gif

http://sonsofpenn.com/wade-allison-overtime-breakaway-winner-goal-natural-hat-trick/

It’s his second hat trick this season, as he recorded a hat trick and five points in a two-game sweep of the then-No.1 ranked Denver last month.

My hunch is this kid gets signed after this season and he joins the Phantoms next year. Could be Simmer's replacement...by the time they make a call on it.

Caught Carter Hart play against Portland last night.   He looked really good. The only goal he allowed was on a screened shot that was well placed.  

He certainly lived up to the billing.  Pdx brought it late and he just played his game...oozing confidence and calmness. Made an unbelievable shoulder save in close while on the PK to maintain the lead. 

Flyers have not had goaltending like that in a long time. 

On 12/10/2017 at 3:57 PM, Claude Monet said:

Caught Carter Hart play against Portland last night.   He looked really good. The only goal he allowed was on a screened shot that was well placed.  

He certainly lived up to the billing.  Pdx brought it late and he just played his game...oozing confidence and calmness. Made an unbelievable shoulder save in close while on the PK to maintain the lead. 

Flyers have not had goaltending like that in a long time. 

Speaking of...

http://everettsilvertips.com/article/4th-in-a-row-carter-hart-whl-goaltender-of-the-week

thumbnail_Hart_GOTW_1-1024x576.jpg

5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm sick and tired of him winning this....

Yes me too.

Now this is a perfect example of a kid who has achieved almost everything he can at the junior level and after this year needs stiffer competition.

Now before he goes i would love to see him win it all in the WHL and then the Memorial Cup being the cherry on top but even if he doesn't this guy is ready for the AHL.

And this is all i want for Patrick to show us all without doubt he can dominate for a full year in juniors stay healthy and say yeah i'm ready for the next challenge the next level of my development. 

9 minutes ago, elmatus said:

The pedestal for this guy just keeps growing. I really hope it doesn't crack along the way.

Trust me i think the front office know how important he is to this club's future and he will be given a year or two in the AHL to prove himself.

It is the reason Elliott was signed for two years.

I believe if reports are true they are done with Neuvy he is moved and they explore other options for a backup to Elliott in the meantime.

Not sure if that will include someone not with the club now...another trade or will they look to either Lyon/Stolie when the time comes however i think they will look everywhere.

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes me too.

Now this is a perfect example of a kid who has achieved almost everything he can at the junior level and after this year needs stiffer competition.

Now before he goes i would love to see him win it all in the WHL and then the Memorial Cup being the cherry on top but even if he doesn't this guy is ready for the AHL.

And this is all i want for Patrick to show us all without doubt he can dominate for a full year in juniors stay healthy and say yeah i'm ready for the next challenge the next level of my development. 

As good as Hart is, his team in Everett is barely mediocre (he makes them a lot better than they are). Funnier things have happened, but I don't see a Mem Cup run in that team.

20 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Looking like a good pick so far.

So come next year it's Flyers or back to junior for at least another year.

Guy doesn't even get an invite to the Canadian junior camp. I get the tourney is bsaically for 19 year olds...but an invite was well deserved.

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

As good as Hart is, his team in Everett is barely mediocre (he makes them a lot better than they are). Funnier things have happened, but I don't see a Mem Cup run in that team.

Man, I really really hope he's the next Carey Price(ish) and not the next Leland Irving lol.

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Guy doesn't even get an invite to the Canadian junior camp. I get the tourney is bsaically for 19 year olds...but an invite was well deserved.

Did you read Meltzer's article on this? Do you agree with what he's saying? Basically political / it's how they've always done things.

I know nothing about how they run behind the scenes, but yeah, it seems a bit ridiculous to not invite the 3rd leading scorer because of politics / ego.

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Did you read Meltzer's article on this? Do you agree with what he's saying? Basically political / it's how they've always done things.

I know nothing about how they run behind the scenes, but yeah, it seems a bit ridiculous to not invite the 3rd leading scorer because of politics / ego.

No I didn't see it...I'll look for it. Not sure how an 18 year old playing excellent hockey whose father did Leaf games would be left off, but we've all seen it in sports.

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

No I didn't see it...I'll look for it. Not sure how an 18 year old playing excellent hockey whose father did Leaf games would be left off, but we've all seen it in sports.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=89481&blogger_id=45

8) OHL: Another night, another multi-point game for Morgan Frost. The Flyers' "other" 2017 first-round pick recorded a first period secondary assist and a late third period empty net goal to seal the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds' 16th consecutive victory in a 3-1 win over the North Bay Battalion on Friday night. 

Frost has an active streak of seven straight multi-point games. In fact, he's averaging an even 2.0 points per game in his last 16 matches (11 goals, 21 assists, 32 points). For the season overall, Frost is averaging 1.54 points per game. He is third in the OHL scoring race with 46 points, second in assists (31), and tops in plus-minus rating (+32). 

The 18-year-old Frost was snubbed by Hockey Canada for consideration from the World Junior Championship this year. It was disappointing but not surprising.

Hockey Canada has a tendency to favor 19-year-old players or at least those 18-year-olds who have represented Canada before in tournaments. Not even Claude Giroux, who had a 112-point season in the Quebec League in his draft-plus-one year of 2006-07, was selected for the World Junior team at age 18 largely because he didn't have the benefit of prior Team Canada experience. 

Once Frost was ignored for the 2017 Summer Showcase roster and Hockey Canada's national team development camp in August, he had no shot at the World Juniors regardless of whatever he's subsequently done this season in the Ontario League. That's just how Hockey Canada politics work. 

To add him now for the selection camp after ignoring him over the summer would mean publicly admitting an oversight earlier. With so much depth of talent in the prospect pool, it's easier for Hockey Canada to simply wait until Frost is 19 to deign him ready to compete internationally even if he is as ready now as any of the 18-year-olds who got Selection Camp invites.

Somewhat ironically given the nonstop debate over the return on the Brayden Schenn trade, St. Louis Blues' 2017 first-round pick Robert Thomas did get a WJC selection camp invite from Hockey Canada. The Blues selected Thomas 20th overall, whereas the Flyers took Frost with the 27th overall selection obtained from St. Louis along with a 2018 first-round pick and veteran forward Jori Lehterä. 

Thomas, who has 42 points this season (18 goals, 24 assists, plus-10) for the London Knights, previously was part of Team Canada selection camps in younger age groups as well as their summertime World Junior Summer Showcase roster in August of this year. Plain and simple, that gave him an inside track for December compared to the later-blooming Frost.

Other 2017 draftees to earn WJC selection camp invites from Hockey Canada also had inside track position months ago. Forward invitee Cody Glass, selected 6th overall by the Vegas Golden Knights, played at the Under-18 Worlds last season and 2017 Summer Showcase. Nick Suzuki, selected 13th overall by Vegas, represented Canada at the Ivan Hlinka tourney at the U18 level and was previously with Canada White at the U17 level. Defensemen Cale Makar, taken 5th overall by the Colorado Avalanche, was a Canada West representative in 2015 and 2016 and, you guessed it, a 2017 Summer Showcase attendee. Ditto defenseman Cal Foote, chosen 14th overall by the Tampa Bay Lightning. 

Not all of these players will make Team Canada this year. All including Frost are strong candidates for the 2018-19 WJC. 

Personally, I think the bolded part is absurd if true. 

13 minutes ago, brelic said:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=89481&blogger_id=45

Personally, I think the bolded part is absurd if true. 

It is absurd....and not the first time this type of bs has happened. The US is the same with their developmental program...they tend to shun guys who go the junior route. And same with Russia.

All 3 countries should be taking their best players, regardless.

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Well he better enjoy this year because he turns 19 in May and if he is in juniors next year as KK would say 19 years shouldn't be in juniors because...

giphy.gif

... they CAN'T get better in that league, it is for 16-18 year olds. :ph34r:

Archived