LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

pilldoc

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Frost has 2 goals and 1 assist going right now and they're still in the 2nd period.

Is this kid for real???  The more I keep seeing his stats and little vids of his goals, is it possible that Hexy got a steal here?

10 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Is this kid for real???  The more I keep seeing his stats and little vids of his goals, is it possible that Hexy got a steal here?

Yes but he is still 2-3 years away from Hak being able to bench him. 

But i would rather give the Blues the win for the trade...NOW! :ph34r:

11 hours ago, pilldoc said:

He finished with 2g 2a and a +5 in a 7-1 rout of Guelph (the lone scorer for the Storm? None other than Flyer pick Isaac Ratcliffe) He's 3 points out of 1st place in OHL scoring...only 18 (cue the he's playing against 15 year olds crowdand he's about six feet and a buck-eighty now. 

Huge win last night Phantoms snap Crunch's 10 game win streak!!!!

Other goals by Knight, Carey and Martel with his league leading 16th. Picks up an assist too.

Three Stars

Apparently Morin reinjured himself this earlier this week? Saw that from Meltzer. 

If if you guys haven’t checked out FlyersBuzz 24/7 podcast, you should. Meltzer and others talk about Flyers, Phantoms, Prospects. Very well done!

Huge OT win for Phantoms take down Bridgeport 3-2!!!

6-3-1 in last 10 with all the injuries nice to keep it going.

Three Stars

7 minutes ago, brelic said:

Bah, until he gets 52 points in 19 playoff games, he's no Giroux. 

;)

As long as he is making progress i'm happy.

He put up 62 points in a full season and this year in 33 games he already has 55.

I call that progress.

And right now due to his age it's either the Flyers or back to juniors for him next year.

Another year of junior will more than likely happen.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

As long as he is making progress i'm happy.

He put up 62 points in a full season and this year in 33 games he already has 55.

I call that progress.

And right now due to his age it's either the Flyers or back to juniors for him next year.

Another year of junior will more than likely happen.

Ha! I was kidding! Just referring to G's 51 points in 19 playoff games his last year of junior. Insane.

48 minutes ago, brelic said:

Just referring to G's 51 points in 19 playoff games his last year of junior. Insane.

He was playing against 12 years olds or something though, so you can't really read much into that. :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

That playoff performance of Giroux's was off the chart. He was also playing with a bad wrist and shoulder, which made it much more impressive.

As for Frost, his performance so far is very Giroux like.

Another player who I enjoy watching (where I live, I've got Owen Sound to the north,  Guelph to the north east, Sarnia to the south, Kitchener to the east and London to the south east) is Isaac Ratcliffe. I know Frost is putting up done real ridiculous numbers, but Ratcliffe is going to be something real special in the left side. He'd pretty much the offensive engine amongst all the forward in Guelph and he's going to score 30 to 35 without a legitimate center. If he had a center who was capable of getting him the puck, he'd be a 45 to 50 goal guy. He's also starting to play with some meanness and he's starting to fill out his 6'6 frame. He's going to be a game breaker with his s size, speed and lethal wrist shot. He and Frost should be lots of fun to watch, provided Haktard doesn't ruin them.

Any updates on Lindblom?

Seems like Laberge has not regained his form.  Rubtsov seems often injured and not having a strong season.

Makes one wonder a little bit...

40 minutes ago, vis said:

Any updates on Lindblom?

Seems like Laberge has not regained his form.  Rubtsov seems often injured and not having a strong season.

Minus his first 6 or 7 games without a point, Lindblom has been pretty close to a PPG player since then (0.8 or so).

Meltzer also said on the FlyersBuzz podcast that he is looking more confident, and even on nights when he doesn't register a point, he is involved in the play at both ends of the ice. 

Agreed on Laberge and Rubtsov. I guess that's why you keep drafting... if they don't pan out, maybe Vorobyev and Vecchione do as #3/4 for the Flyers until Frost comes along, and if he pans out. 

45 minutes ago, vis said:

Wonder?

They may not make it to the NHL level. The vast majority don't after all. It's also possible they will eventually find their way. Hopefully, if they don't make it, others we have drafted and developed will. That's really the best we can ask for...

What's the alternative?

2 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Wonder?

They may not make it to the NHL level. The vast majority don't after all. It's also possible they will eventually find their way. Hopefully, if they don't make it, others we have drafted and developed will. That's really the best we can ask for...

What's the alternative?

Well neither one is even 20 years old right now so no need to overthink it........unless you feel you need to.

They still have 3 years of development time on their entry level contract which shouldn't even start till next season.

Also two under the radar prospect who could sign at the end of the year to replace O'neill and Brennan who are in the last year of their deals are Amorosa (6-2 205) and Drake (6-6 195) .

Good to see the pipeline still pumping out guys from the 2013 draft.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=168012

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=165738

Both need some time to keep developing.

52 minutes ago, elmatus said:

What's the alternative?

There is none, really.  Best you can do is hope they pan out.

It makes me wonder if the prospect base, particularly at forward, is as strong as we had hoped - especially since Laberge and Rubtsov were high picks.  There should be more than just a "hope" that they pan out.  I know Laberge had an injury and that's unfortunate.  There was excitement around Rubtsov, especially when he came over from Russia, but that seems to have waned.  I don't recall him having a strong camp (granted, he is young and there are plenty of camps in his future).  

I'm glad to hear Lindblom has come around, so maybe there is less concern about his ability to translate his SEL success to the NHL.

Archived