LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

pilldoc

6 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

@OccamsRazor , I was referring to Myers, when comparing to Bourdon, not Morin.

Myers has had other issues too this year it hasn't been head issues this year. I think he took a slap shot off his foot earlier this year and it has bothered him. It happens.

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isaac Ratcliffe is going to be a very good player. I love the guy. Considering that him and Ryan Merkley are basically keeping Guelph in playoff contention should speak in volumes. If he had a legitimate center, he'd be a 50 goal scorer in the OHL, no question. I've read comparisons from Rick Nash to Wayne Simmonds with regards to Ratcliffe, but I honestly see a meaner Blake Wheeler when I watch Ratcliffe. He's gonna be a real good one. He's going to take some time, but it will be worth the wait. When he fills out at 23 and he's a 6'6, 240 pound winger that can skate like a 190 pound forward with his lethal wrist shot, people will rave about how he dropped in the draft. I'm so happy he's a Flyers prospect. He, Allison and Bunnaman are going to make life hell for opposing teams.

23 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

He, Allison and Bunnaman are going to make life hell for opposing teams.

And thise guys will be bringing some much needed size to go with the already 6-2 forwards coming Lindblom, Vecchione and Vorobyev and 6-1 Rubtsov soon too. 

This is needed a lot. 

23 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And thise guys will be bringing some much needed size to go with the already 6-2 forwards coming Lindblom, Vecchione and Vorobyev and 6-1 Rubtsov soon too. 

This is needed a lot. 

Yep. Size and skill is a lethal combination. Add in the mean streaks as well and it's a lineup nobody will want to face. If we had a coach who's mentality was 'if we can't beat you skill, we'll beat you with physicality', this could be something very special. Don't get me wrong, I love speed and skill, but there's nothing wrong with having players who can also punish people along the boards and open up space for the Frosts, Martels, Weals and Konecnys.

From Meltzer’s blog yesterday...

7) There really wasn't a ton of exciting Flyers-related news on the prospect front at the WJC on Tuesday but one notable positive development took place in collegiate hockey as Michigan junior Cooper Marody notched a hat trick as Michigan knocked off top-ranked Michigan State. The top two point-getters in NCAA hockey this season are both Flyers prospects (Marody and 2016 second-round pick Wade Allison). The top scorer in the Ontario Hockey League is Flyers 2017 first-round pick Morgan Frost, who returns to action on Thursday as his Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds take aim at a 24-game winning streak.

1 hour ago, brelic said:

From Meltzer’s blog yesterday...

7) There really wasn't a ton of exciting Flyers-related news on the prospect front at the WJC on Tuesday but one notable positive development took place in collegiate hockey as Michigan junior Cooper Marody notched a hat trick as Michigan knocked off top-ranked Michigan State. The top two point-getters in NCAA hockey this season are both Flyers prospects (Marody and 2016 second-round pick Wade Allison). The top scorer in the Ontario Hockey League is Flyers 2017 first-round pick Morgan Frost, who returns to action on Thursday as his Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds take aim at a 24-game winning streak.

Actually 3 of the Flyers forward prospects don't know if you seen this i posted...

https://spark.adobe.com/page/rUce3R4m0BITH/

So I watched the Canada - Sweden game last night and I have to admit, Carter Hart was nothing short of sensational last night. I had doubts before that he couldn't win when it mattered and I fully eat crow because he stood on his head last night. However, I also have to admit, I've developed a soft spot for Lias Andersson. I despise the Rangers, but he's going to be a damn good player. People are upset he threw the silver medal away, but what's not to like about a guy who hates losing more than he likes winning? I thought it was refreshing to see someone who hated being second best. Hopefully the Flyers end up with a few of those guys on the team eventually because those are the guys who become winners. 

Yeah Great to see Hart play like that in such a massive game. That toe save in the second period was unreal! 

Cant wait to catch him in pdx on the 14th! Last time I saw him he only saved 43/44 shots.... and I’m pretty sure he let the one in because it was the winterhawks teddy bear toss 😜.

consistent goaltending 

On 1/4/2018 at 9:47 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Yes he did for his nation.

And mine. And many others around here. :cheers:

I honestly haven't watched Hart very much. I remember him being okay at the 2017 WJCs, but not spectacular. The CAN team this year was weaker than 2017 imo, but Hart made all the difference in the gold medal game. SWE was the best team of the tourney without a doubt. Hart stole that medal, which is a pretty great sign for Philly and hopefully for things to come!

I also didn't know the SWE goalie was a Pens prospect. That just made it all the better. If it wasn't for the outdoor game -- which really shouldn't be a thing in such a short tournament -- there's a solid chance Hart would have been the mvp goalie. What's the last time we've been able to say that about a Flyers prospect goalie?

Tanner Laczynski has himself a 3-point night (1g, 2a)! Laczynski is now tied for the NCAA lead with 28 points. He is tied with fellow #Flyers prospects Cooper Marody and Wade Allison! 😏

Add Frost as OHL leader, and Hart as WHL goaltending leader, and I’d say it’s probably pretty rare that any single franchise has prospects leading all those leagues at the same time.

Thats some damn fine scouting and drafting.

Archived