LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

pilldoc

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I wish there was a way to slow that down.  I'm not so sure it was dirty.  It looks like Martel tried to avoid the hit and may have put himself in a bad position.

Caught him on the chin. 

7 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I don't see it as dirty.  It looks like he went through the body.  It wasn't one of those glancing head shots.

I completely disagree. It was to dangerous of a hit to try to make and we see it broke his jaw.  

7 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I don't see it as dirty.  It looks like he went through the body.  It wasn't one of those glancing head shots.

He lead into Martel's chin with his elbow. That's a dirty hit.

However some good news about our prospects. Marody, Allison and Lackzynski have all been nominated for the Hobey Baker award.

53 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

He lead into Martel's chin with his elbow. That's a dirty hit.

However some good news about our prospects. Marody, Allison and Lackzynski have all been nominated for the Hobey Baker award.

I agree hey i'm all for a physical hit but flying acrossat the speed he was and not knowing for sure if you can deliver afor sure clean hit you have to pull on that.

At some point this guys have to start looking out for one another it isn't worth ruining someone's career maybe.

I know easier said than done. It has to start somewhere.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I completely disagree. It was to dangerous of a hit to try to make and we see it broke his jaw.  

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

He lead into Martel's chin with his elbow.

If you stop the video at the moment of impact you will see that it's a full body check. The elbow did not come up until after the contact was made...more of a push off. Martel's chin hit the shoulder pad of the checking player. I'm not saying it wasn't violent, I'm saying it wasn't dirty.

24 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

If you stop the video at the moment of impact you will see that it's a full body check. The elbow did not come up until after the contact was made...more of a push off. Martel's chin hit the shoulder pad of the checking player. I'm not saying it wasn't violent, I'm saying it wasn't dirty.

Player safety.

It has to come into play at some point.

Simple don't make the check.

Then no broken jaw.

I hope they sit him.

No one has to agree with me i'm cool with it.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Player safety.

It has to come into play at some point.

Simple don't make the check.

Then no broken jaw.

I hope they sit him.

No one has to agree with me i'm cool with it.

I agree players have to take into account what could happen to the guy...but hockey is a fast game that has contact. Didn't look like a dirty hit to me.

Phantoms got smoked by the Baby Pens last night 4-1. Tokarski taking the loss.

Phil Myers with the only goal.

Not sure why Read is centering the 2nd line he is not a center.

Vecchione should be there and Aube- Kubel should be on the 2nd at least.

Phantoms Lineup:

10 Carey 26 Varone 9 Bardreau

28 Lindblom 24 Read 13 McDonald

22 Conner 21 Vecchione 16 Aube-Kubel

19 Fazleev 11 Swavely 36 Krushelnyski

43 Brennan 44 Willcox

37 Friedman 2 Alt

3 Morin 5 Myers

35 Dustin Tokarski (Backup: 34 Alex Lyon)

For what it's worth, Hextall didn't sound like it was a big worry, though he wouldn't go into specifics since he is on a non-Flyers farm team. Western Michigan's season ends March 3, so 6 weeks left. Could be a number of things that won't have a lasting effect.

BREAKING NEWS:

Wow could this open the door for Stolie or Lyon next year?? Kinda a big deal.

For the next three weeks, Felix Sandstrom can find his groove and try to build back toward what was thought to be his last season in Sweden.

That doesn’t seem like a sure thing anymore.

Sandstrom, the Flyers’ third-round pick in the 2015 draft, was shut down with an abdominal injury in October. Recovery took quite a while and now he is on loan in Sweden’s minor league until Feb. 15.

“I think I needed and want one more year to develop more and be even more ready to come over here,” Sandstrom said back in July at development camp.

“I really want to take a spot in the NHL. I really want to come here and do good and be a reason why the Flyers win games. That’s for sure motivation and my goal is to be here soon. That’s what I’m fighting for.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/nhl/flyers/2018/01/20/flyers-prospect-watch-felix-sandstrom-finally-healthy-and-playing-again/1050943001/

Man this could open the door for Hart to seize the net on the Flyers i'm thinking....very interesting twist.

Well this could make it interesting in the AHL next year....one of either Lyon or Stolie could backup Hart on the Phantoms.

Or could they trade Neuvy this offseason let Lyon backup Elliott next year and then Stolie work with Hart on the Phantoms since Stolie missed this year.

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

BREAKING NEWS:

Wow could this open the door for Stolie or Lyon next year?? Kinda a big deal.

For the next three weeks, Felix Sandstrom can find his groove and try to build back toward what was thought to be his last season in Sweden.

That doesn’t seem like a sure thing anymore.

Sandstrom, the Flyers’ third-round pick in the 2015 draft, was shut down with an abdominal injury in October. Recovery took quite a while and now he is on loan in Sweden’s minor league until Feb. 15.

“I think I needed and want one more year to develop more and be even more ready to come over here,” Sandstrom said back in July at development camp.

“I really want to take a spot in the NHL. I really want to come here and do good and be a reason why the Flyers win games. That’s for sure motivation and my goal is to be here soon. That’s what I’m fighting for.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/nhl/flyers/2018/01/20/flyers-prospect-watch-felix-sandstrom-finally-healthy-and-playing-again/1050943001/

Man this could open the door for Hart to seize the net on the Flyers i'm thinking....very interesting twist.

Well this could make it interesting in the AHL next year....one of either Lyon or Stolie could backup Hart on the Phantoms.

Or could they trade Neuvy this offseason let Lyon backup Elliott next year and then Stolie work with Hart on the Phantoms since Stolie missed this year.

Lyon hasn't even played well in the AHL this season. It's unlikely they give him the back up spot next year without even getting a sniff of the NHL this year 

Archived