LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

pilldoc

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RJ8812 said:

Lyon hasn't even played well in the AHL this season. It's unlikely they give him the back up spot next year without even getting a sniff of the NHL this year 

He has played well latley and was outstanding in the classic game versus Hershey.

Still to soon to say what they could do they will have several options.

Alot could depend of if Stolie plays at all this year.

We'll see this offseason.

10 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Nice article by the HockeyWriters on Carter Hart...

https://thehockeywriters.com/carter-hart-everett-silvertips-whl/

It is going to be fun watching those games against Pdx down the stretch. Rare situation for me. I want to see Hart play awesome but am rooting for the Hawks! 

An update on our prospects...

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers-prospect-report-laberge-finds-a-spark-sushkos-wjc-momentum-hart-back-on-his-game/

Question about Hart - how much does his team impact his numbers? I notice the 3rd best GAA (2.36)and 2nd best save % (.928) in the league is his 16 year old rookie teammate Dustin Wolf (5'11", 150lbs). 

21 minutes ago, brelic said:

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers-prospect-report-laberge-finds-a-spark-sushkos-wjc-momentum-hart-back-on-his-game/

Question about Hart - how much does his team impact his numbers? I notice the 3rd best GAA (2.36)and 2nd best save % (.928) in the league is his 16 year old rookie teammate Dustin Wolf (5'11", 150lbs). 

It will certainly have an impact, but from watching Hart live, I'm not sure how much. The kid is very positionally sound, and smooth from post to post.

1 hour ago, brelic said:

His team is far from great. I honestly expected them to stink this year and trade Hart..but he's willed them to compete. 

Harts got a 1.35 GAA. The next best starter in the league is over double that. He's sporting a .958 save percentage...2nd best in the league is .913 for a starter. Wolf plays against the doormats of the league...except when Hart was away at the WJs playing against the best and putting up the best numbers of any goalie. He sat against the doormats...where others padded their stats.

You can tell when Hart left Everitt for TC by the scores...they go from 0-1-2 goals against to 3-5-8. That's when Wolf is playing against teams Hart normally would be allowing 0-2 goals.

Tips have a different coach now. I have watched him twice against the Winterhawks. One game the hawks dominated and hart saved 43/44. The other game was more even with the tips winning in shootout.   Hart is flat out the best player on the team. 

Look at the Canada Sweden gold medal game. He won that game

46 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Hart wins WHL Goalie of the Week for the 5th time in the last 9 weeks...3 of those weeks he was away winning the gold medal at the WJHCs. He's allowed 28 goals in 21 games  :pickle:

It will be interesting to see what happens next year. Our three minor league goalies are free agents after this season, and it sounds like Sandstrom won't be coming over. 

I'm guessing Hart is the starter in LHV. Other than that, I'm thinking they let Tokarski walk (UFA), and qualify Stolarz (RFA). 

Lyon (RFA), I'm not sure. I really wish Hakstol had given him a few starts when he was up. 

Great news for Flyers prospects not one but 3....never happened before...

Wade Allison, Tanner Laczynski, and Cooper Marody nominated for Hobey Baker Award

http://sonsofpenn.com/wade-allison-tanner-laczynski-and-cooper-marody-nominated-for-hobey-baker-award/

Too bad Allison is done for the year.

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Great news for Flyers prospects not one but 3....never happened before...

Wade Allison, Tanner Laczynski, and Cooper Marody nominated for Hobey Baker Award

http://sonsofpenn.com/wade-allison-tanner-laczynski-and-cooper-marody-nominated-for-hobey-baker-award/

Too bad Allison is done for the year.

I'll take 3 prospects nominated over 1 winning it anytime. 

Frost was 1st star with 3 primary assists ( nice 2nd one)  in a 6-4 Hounds victory.

Ratcliffe had 3 g 1 a and was 1st star in a 5-3 win.

Matt Strome had 2 a and was selected 2nd star as Hamilton beat Erie 4-3

Bunnamen was held pointless...not sure whats going on with him this year, he's having a tough time getting points. Still playing a physical game though and doing well on the dot.

Pretty good night for our OHL prospects.

Hart allowed 1 goal in a 3-1 win.

Rubstov had 1g 1a and 2nd star in a 5-1 Titan victory.

Phantoms beat Baby Pens 5-2.

Hey Hak look you can yank them early if they play like sh!t!!!!

@RJ8812 Lyon goes on to blank them. So as i said he has played much better for awhile now.

HHHhhhhhmmmmm maybe Hak can learn a thing or two...

Phantoms lose to Utica 3-2.  Tokarski takes the loss stopping 30 of 33 shots.

Phantom goals by Vecchione and Lindblom.

Nice goal by Vecchione....

Three Stars
1st 2nd 3rd
4250.jpg
6502.jpg
Thatcher Demko
Utica Comets 
SA: 27
SV: 25
TOI: 60:46
6900.jpg

How in the hell do Comet players get all 3 stars after Lindblom scores on a play like this???

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Terrible!!!!

For those who are interested here are the AHL All-Stars from the LV Phantoms:

Danick Martel & T.J. Brennan

AHL is using the same format as the NHL for their festivities.  I personally do not like the 3 on 3 mini-tournament.

Here are the current standings ....

image.png

11 hours ago, pilldoc said:

I personally do not like the 3 on 3 mini-tournament.

It's cliché, but I personally do not like the ASG at all. It feels like a sideshow attraction to me. 

That said, I actually prefer 3-on-3 in many respects. At least it seems as though the players are trying. When it was 5s, most of them barely bothered to skate half the ice.

Still though, I would do away with the whole thing myself. Curmudgeon, I know. But meh.

1 hour ago, elmatus said:

It's cliché, but I personally do not like the ASG at all. It feels like a sideshow attraction to me. 

That said, I actually prefer 3-on-3 in many respects. At least it seems as though the players are trying. When it was 5s, most of them barely bothered to skate half the ice.

Still though, I would do away with the whole thing myself. Curmudgeon, I know. But meh.

The all-star game is targeted more towards younger viewers. I think it's a great event for kids and their families.

Archived