LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

pilldoc

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just realized Frost plays for the Greyhounds. I recently moved to the Soo and work right across the street from their new arena. May have to go and see a few games now.

21 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I hope that doesn't mean he was given a promotion. 

Meet the the new power play coach for the Flyers!:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

That would be Dan Blysma job! He might be a good fit with the Flyers!

On 6/26/2017 at 2:01 PM, flyercanuck said:

The Flyers had arguably the best prospects in the NHL leading into this draft. It ain't arguable anymore.

Lindblom - Patrick - Allison
Rubtsov - Vorobyov - Laczynski
Ratcliffe - Frost - Laberge
Bunnaman - Vecchione - Aube-Kubel
Leier - Fazleev - Kase

Sanheim - Myers
Morin - Hagg
Hogberg - Friedman

Hart/Sandstrom/Lyon/Stolarz

Hows that for depth? 

And when you think about Provorov/Konecny/Ghost/Couturier/Weal all being 25 or under...

The more I read and listen, the more it's starting to sound like Myers is closer than I'd thought.

Which got me thinking...  

Phi Myers.

Philadelphia Myers.

Where the hell else was this kid going to play?

33 minutes ago, King Knut said:

The more I read and listen, the more it's starting to sound like Myers is closer than I'd thought.

Which got me thinking...  

Phi Myers.

Philadelphia Myers.

Well I still can't believe Pete Peeters didn't play for the Peterborough Petes!

31 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I read he did some power lifting this offseason getting ready for the season and fro the looks from some of the beach pictures he has put on some nice size and looks in better shape than Sanheim.

But i'm sure he will spend this year in LV to develop unless there is a rash of injuries.

I expect him and Sanheim to pair and the #1 defensive pair down there. That will be a huge mobile defense their to put in front of Stolie and Lyon.

However it is a huge year Laughton and Leier because they will have to make room in LV the following year for Rubtsov, Laberge, Bunnaman, Salinitri and Twarynzki in the forward group and maybe even Allison if they think he is ready to sign out of college. 

Then on the blueline they have decisions to make on signing Terrance Amorosa and David Drake their last year of college.

And Hogberg and Bernhardt the Swedish duo maybe ready to come over by then too.

All lot of new talent will continue to pure in for years to come.

Also it isn't meant to be a knock on Laughton and Leier but the quality of talent is just head and shoulder above where this club use to be...and i'm sure this is just what Ron had envisioned and the way he wants it...

...he wants the kids to push themselves and utilize the AHL for what it was meant to be a place to sharpen your skills but don't take too long and rest on your laurels or you will be passed over by others.

If the Petr Straka's and Dannick Martel's along with the Leier (just used as example) don't work on their game they will soon be doing it for another club because their are stocking the coffers with skill from here on out.

Ask Straka!

Archived