LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

pilldoc

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

Do Marody and/or Laczizizskyyy turn pro after their season is over?

Good question. Marody is the oldest (2015 draft class). He's a junior this year, so not sure if he'd return for his senior year. But he might be the most ready to jump into a 3C role next season. It might come down to a battle between Marody and Vorobyev. You could add Laughton in the mix, but he might settle for 4C. There's also Vecchione, but I'm not sure about him anymore. He's 25 and I don't know what the Flyers plans are for him.

Laczynski is a sophomore from the 2016 draft class. So is Allison - and he's 6'2", 205#. Might have an NHL frame already.

There's a logjam a' comin', and Hextall will have to make wise decisions on who to sign and who to pass up. I don't know how willing the US college guys are to be playing in the AHL since they are 21-22 when done college.

47 minutes ago, brelic said:

Good question. Marody is the oldest (2015 draft class). He's a junior this year, so not sure if he'd return for his senior year. But he might be the most ready to jump into a 3C role next season. It might come down to a battle between Marody and Vorobyev. You could add Laughton in the mix, but he might settle for 4C. There's also Vecchione, but I'm not sure about him anymore. He's 25 and I don't know what the Flyers plans are for him.

Laczynski is a sophomore from the 2016 draft class. So is Allison - and he's 6'2", 205#. Might have an NHL frame already.

There's a logjam a' comin', and Hextall will have to make wise decisions on who to sign and who to pass up. I don't know how willing the US college guys are to be playing in the AHL since they are 21-22 when done college.

I don't think either of them are NHL ready. Unless they blow us away in camp, they would be Phantom bound 

Frost with 1g 2a and 1st star last night to jump into a tie for 1st in OHL scoring with 110 points. Barrie Colt Aaron Luchuk (other leader) has 3 games left against 2 of the worst teams in the league...Frost has 2 games left, although both players have played 65 games at this point. Luchuk turns 21 next month....Frost is 18.

Whether he wins it or not (Kyrou is still in the running as well) it's been a hell of a season for Morgan Frost.

2 hours ago, brelic said:

Stolarz and the Royals lost 5-4 in OT last night. He stopped 30 of 35 shots.

https://royalshockey.com/schmidt-scores-in-third-to-force-ot-royals-fall-5-4/

Nice to see hi back in action. I imagine there is some rust to get off. Rooting for the kid.

21 hours ago, brelic said:

Marody is the oldest (2015 draft class). He's a junior this year, so not sure if he'd return for his senior year

Speaking of what an impressive play while falling down...

Marody's teammate's Team Captain Tony Calderone and Sam Piazza are undrafted free agents Flyers need to kick the tires.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=160542

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=132701

Whos knows if they can help. They are older like Vecchione is though. Wouldn't cost anything to sign. Throwing it out there.

9 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Frost with 1g 2a and 1st star last night to jump into a tie for 1st in OHL scoring with 110 points. Barrie Colt Aaron Luchuk (other leader) has 3 games left against 2 of the worst teams in the league...Frost has 2 games left, although both players have played 65 games at this point. Luchuk turns 21 next month....Frost is 18.

Whether he wins it or not (Kyrou is still in the running as well) it's been a hell of a season for Morgan Frost.

I accidentally posted in the wrong thread about this. He's the first Flyers prospect to hit 110 in his D+1 season since Giroux. Of course, Couturier and Patrick made the jump right to the NHL post-draft.

Phantoms bounce back defeat Bruins 3-0. Tokarski with the shutout. Stopping 33 shots. 

Goals by Fazleev, Varone and Swavely.

Three Stars

Frost ends his regular season with 1g 1a and 2nd star. That gives him 112 points on the season, good for 2nd overall in scoring (12 points shy of doubling last seasons total). He finished 3rd in the league in goals with 42 (two Colts had 50) and tied for 1st in assists with 70 (with Sarnias Kyrou) and the best +/- in the league at +70. 

Not bad for the 27th pick in last years draft.

Aube-Kubel showing NHL upside with impressive sophomore season in Lehigh Valley

http://sonsofpenn.com/aube-kubel-showing-nhl-upside-with-impressive-sophomore-season-in-lehigh-valley/

Good news on NAK i fully expect him to secure a spot in the bottom 6 next year.

With Read and Filppula gone i expect him and Vorbyev to be in the lineup.

Especially with the wave of new recruits coming in next year.

I also expect Weal to get moved too.

Skill level goes up.

Giroux-Coots-TK

Lindblom-Patrick-Jake

NAK-Laughton-Simmer

Lehrera-Vorobyev-Raffl

------------------------------------------

Wiese Leier

To start the season.

If they play well they can be moved around.

Bill Meltzer
@billmeltzer
Got the feeling for awhile that Marody probably would have ended up back at Michigan for his senior year had his rights stayed with Flyers.

3:17 PM - Mar 21, 2018

Probably too much of a logjam on the Flyers, and Marody might not have been as interested in signing here if he couldn't see a future right away. 

Well, we turned a 6th into a 3rd, I guess. 

Archived