LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

pilldoc

3 minutes ago, brelic said:

Bill Meltzer
@billmeltzer
Got the feeling for awhile that Marody probably would have ended up back at Michigan for his senior year had his rights stayed with Flyers.

3:17 PM - Mar 21, 2018

Probably too much of a logjam on the Flyers, and Marody might not have been as interested in signing here if he couldn't see a future right away. 

Well, we turned a 6th into a 3rd, I guess. 

A 3rd that is likely to be early in the round no less. Why not?

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, brelic said:

Bill Meltzer
@billmeltzer
Got the feeling for awhile that Marody probably would have ended up back at Michigan for his senior year had his rights stayed with Flyers.

3:17 PM - Mar 21, 2018

Probably too much of a logjam on the Flyers, and Marody might not have been as interested in signing here if he couldn't see a future right away. 

Well, we turned a 6th into a 3rd, I guess. 

Yeah he could have Jimmy Vesey-ed them so they got a 3rd for him.

Better than nothing.

8 minutes ago, elmatus said:

A 3rd that is likely to be early in the round no less. Why not?

Nah, the 3rd was originally NJ's, which I'm guessing will be even better than they are now.

Still, a 3rd for an asset that probably didn't have a future here... 

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

He's still got WHL goalie of the year AND CHL goalie of the year coming to him.

Let alone that Tips team is going to make a serious run in the playoffs. After they went all in at the trade deadline, they were tough to beat.  They passed and ran away from the Hawks in the division.

It is going to be really hard to beat the Tips in a 7 games series.  It is so hard to score on Hart. It takes bounces, deflections etc.... going to be a grind for the opposing offense. 

Really hoping for a Hawks/Tips series!

1 hour ago, Claude Monet said:

Let alone that Tips team is going to make a serious run in the playoffs. After they went all in at the trade deadline, they were tough to beat.  They passed and ran away from the Hawks in the division.

It is going to be really hard to beat the Tips in a 7 games series.  It is so hard to score on Hart. It takes bounces, deflections etc.... going to be a grind for the opposing offense. 

Really hoping for a Hawks/Tips series!

Hopefully you get your wish...would be fun to watch.

We just had our top player (Svechnikov) suspended for 4 games to start the playoffs... for his first offence on a hit that MAYBE warranted 1 game. 

Actually surprised the CHL commissioner and his petty hate for the Colts didn't give him 7 games.

God I hate Branch.

z-k9uBtnIdxv1mbY?format=jpg&name=small

Here's a highlight vid of Morgan Frosts draft +1 season....accompanied by possibly the worst song ever recorded. Seriously, just turn the sound OFF. But enjoy this kids on ice awareness, IQ and skill. There's some seriously nice goals scored...

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Here's a highlight vid of Morgan Frosts draft +1 season....accompanied by possibly the worst song ever recorded. Seriously, just turn the sound OFF. But enjoy this kids on ice awareness, IQ and skill. There's some seriously nice goals scored...

I tried. I really tried. Couldn't get passed the first round of bip bip boops.

Phantoms lose in OT to Bruins. 5-4.

Goals by Martel, Knight, Carey and Varone. Tokarski with the loss stopping 29 of 34 shots.

Three Stars

I wonder if we could see Hextall try and trade the rights to Terrance Amorosa and David Drake??

They need to be signed this year after completing college both team's seasons are done.

I could see Amorosa being signed to an ELC and joining the Phantoms on an ATO and they trading on passing on Drake.

Phantoms got shelled yesterday 6-1 in Stolie's first start in a long time. But there were some bright spots.

Nice shot by Myers!!!

Rough game for Stolie stopping 29 of 35 shots.

Doesn't sound like the team in front of him showed up after clinching a playoff spot previous game.

Archived