LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

pilldoc

In terms of handling the pressure, the world juniors was a massive sample size and he lived up to it.

sweden was easily the better team. Canada won gold because of Hart. 

just don’t rush him before he is ready, and I think he will be ok. 

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

However i wonder if he even knows how much pressure is now on his shoulder now after the Eagles have now won the Super Bowl??

Now i think everyone in Philly will be counting on this kid (unfairly i know and i am one too) to help finally hoist the Chalice.

I hope Ron and the gang monitor him closely and DON'T look to him before he is ready. Season him right.

I think Sandstrom will come in and apply the right type of motivation by 2019-20 (in the AHL of course) an these two will flourish in time. This will propel them forward.

Unfortunately not saying when it will be, i think there is only room in the crease for one and the loser of this epic battle (which i say isn't the right term) will be moved for a nice haul in due.

I'm sure the Philly media will remind him countless times before he's even a starter until he lets his contract expire and moves to a lesser asshole media environment.

Seriously, it isn't up to Carter Hart to win a Stanley Cup, it's up to the Philadelphia Flyers. Even if it was up to him...the Eagles went 58 years between championships....that gives Hart 15 years to bring one in. 

10 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Even if it was up to him...the Eagles went 58 years between championships

Yeah he ain't going to look to go in net at 78. Kinda slow.

18 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm sure the Philly media will remind him countless times before he's even a starter until he lets his contract expire and moves to a lesser asshole media environment.

Lol, sad but kinda true. But, hey, they gotta generate clickthroughs somehow!

18 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Seriously, it isn't up to Carter Hart to win a Stanley Cup, it's up to the Philadelphia Flyers. Even if it was up to him...the Eagles went 58 years between championships....that gives Hart 15 years to bring one in. 

Bingo!

20 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Seriously, it isn't up to Carter Hart to win a Stanley Cup

No all he has to do is stop the puck.

More than anything i will be happy to begin with is make the routine saves.

When ready of course i think he needs bare minimum 2 years of AHL play as a starter.

With his pedigree of course i will expect him to make the every now and then "Oh my god how did he stop that" save too...

...just give the team in front of him a huge confidence boost he has their back and will do all he can to help erase their mistakes.

He doesn't have to be the savior....just the franchise goalie this club deserves is all.

Matthew Strome assists on overtime game-winner in Game 1 of OHL Finals

http://sonsofpenn.com/matthew-strome-assists-on-overtime-game-winner-in-game-1-of-ohl-finals/

stromeotassist.gif

stromeotareplay.gif

stromeotareplay2.gif

stromeotcelly.gif

I think Regina host the Memorial Cup this year so one of these two could join the Phantoms for their playoff push soon.

Phantoms are adding another weapon...

Good to see this kid grow mentally and physically grew 2 inches and added 20 pounds to his frame....the reason he slide in the draft.

Still has room to grow.

Damn i hope Sanheim is ok he got hit in the knee tonight in Phantoms 2-1 win.

Lyon stops 29 of 30 shots and Greg Carey nets the game winner.

Praying for Travis.

The Sanheim injury....

Damn that does not look good at all....looks intentional to me the way he stuck his leg out like that who throws a hit like that with your leg that far out there like that....i hope he gets suspended for that!!!!!!!!

The GWer for Travis!!!!!

Man i hope Travis is ok.

Hart stops 34 of 35 shots and is 1st star as the Tips take game 1 of the WHL finals. His glove save with under 2 minutes left after a turnover was a beauty, and the timely kind none of the Flyers previous 30 or so goalies could provide.

Frost's two goals and an assist help even the series 1-1.......

http://sonsofpenn.com/morgan-frost-two-goals-one-assist-greyhounds-ohl-finals-game-2-win/

Sweet assist for the go ahead goal...

frostassistgm2.gif

..now his 1st goal on the powerplay...

frostgoalgm2.gif

frostgoalreplaygm2.gif

And now his final goal a empty netter maybe he can teach Giroux and Jake how to hustle and score a empty net goal...

frostenggm2.gif

Frost finished the game with two goals, one assist, five shots on goal, a +1 rating, and won 18 of 23 faceoffs. His faceoff numbers usually go overlooked, but he lost just five draws all game. He lost just six draws in Game 1, making him 28-for-39 in the series.

Frost is now on a four-game point streak in the playoffs. He has three goals and five assists for eight points during that span.

Look i don't like rushing kids but this kid could be like TK and force his way onto the roster next camp....guess we'll see...

Good for him. Keep it going he could be the steal of the Schenn trade.

I tell you what NAK needs to get his issues fixed if he wants to play on the Flyers next year Hak will not put up with this....

...the one chink in his armor is his discipline and he needs to end it now...3 suspension THIS YEAR!!!!! NOT COOL!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I tell you what NAK needs to get his issues fixed if he wants to play on the Flyers next year Hak will not put up with this....

...the one chink in his armor is his discipline and he needs to end it now...3 suspension THIS YEAR!!!!! NOT COOL!!!!!!!

If he has three suspensions this year, I'm guessing he's not on the roster next season. Hexy will keep him down and tell him to learn to play without going over the edge before he brings him up.

24 minutes ago, elmatus said:

If he has three suspensions this year, I'm guessing he's not on the roster next season. Hexy will keep him down and tell him to learn to play without going over the edge before he brings him up.

That is go inng a little far like everyone usually you start the year with a clean slate.

However he is the best 5 on 5 forward on the Phantoms which is a great thing to have.

But Hak is a stickler for defense and discipline.

So if he don't get that under wraps by next camp/preseason yeah he could be sent back down.

But next he has a legit chance to make the team. I would hate to see him waste that.

So he better get his schitt together!

During exit interviews, Hextall said Morin, NAK, and Myers were guys who had earned long looks at camp. While I'm not sure this suspension changes everything, I think it's safe to assume that at the very least it will earn him a, "Hey, we think you have a shot to make the big club, but getting suspended will earn your way back to the long bus rides."

13 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

During exit interviews, Hextall said Morin, NAK, and Myers were guys who had earned long looks at camp. While I'm not sure this suspension changes everything, I think it's safe to assume that at the very least it will earn him a, "Hey, we think you have a shot to make the big club, but getting suspended will earn your way back to the long bus rides."

He will have a short leash and the fact that he is waiver exempt next year will give them leeway.

I hope he puts his best foot forward.

Phantoms light the Checkers up 5-1.

Lindblom with 2 goals.

Not sure how he didn't even get a star with 2 goals but whatever it's a win.

Lyon picks up 1st star.

Three Stars

On 5/7/2018 at 6:00 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Look i don't like rushing kids but this kid could be like TK and force his way onto the roster next camp....guess we'll see...

Good for him. Keep it going he could be the steal of the Schenn trade.

It's just been a great year for Frost.

Konecny played a tougher style in junior than Frost does though...that may factor in to his chances at camp. It's going to be a bigger step getting used to the NHL physicality for him than it was for Konecny, who lives for that stuff.

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

It's just been a great year for Frost.

Konecny played a tougher style in junior than Frost does though...that may factor in to his chances at camp. It's going to be a bigger step getting used to the NHL physicality for him than it was for Konecny, who lives for that stuff.

Being a bit nostalgic but I remember how excited you were when they traded up to get TK. 

Oh boy....were you right! 

1 hour ago, Claude Monet said:

Being a bit nostalgic but I remember how excited you were when they traded up to get TK. 

Oh boy....were you right! 

I know it's early, but the only two players after Konecny that are on par are Beauvillier and Aho. And really, the only forwards picked before Konecny (outside of the top 10) that are on par or better are Barzal, Boeser, Connor, and Debrusk. 

I'd say Ron done good. I don't know the other players that well, but Konecny also plays with fire. He's a perfect Flyer.

Archived