Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
pilldoc

LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

Not going to lie, I kind of hope they lose the next game. I might be up in Allentown next week and would love the opportunity to go to game 6.

This record-breaking game has its own topic.

I don't know about Morin... Out most of the year, including being out for like 4 months recently, and gets seriously reinjured in his 3rd game back?

For much of the night, the Phantoms had to play with only five defensemen. Already missing Travis Sanheim (lost for the series due to an apparent left knee injury in Game 1), Samuel Morin went down in the first period of Game 4. Playing just his third game since Jan. 20, Morin appeared to seriously injury his right knee as he went into the boards awkwardly on an otherwise routine check on Brown along the left side boards. Morin crumpled to the ice and was in major distress. 

Meanwhile, Myers logged over 60 MINUTES!

The American Hockey League does not officially keep ice times for public release, although teams have the information. In the absences of Sanheim and Morin, rookie defenseman Philippe Myers logged massive ice time for the Phantoms in Game 4 that easily stretched well over 60 minutes of total TOI despite him taking two minor penalties during regulation. He also made a goal-saving play in the defensive zone at one juncture. 

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Morin makes the team ahead of Myers next year. If Myers shows more, he should get a shot, and then they can figure out what to do with Morin.

33 minutes ago, brelic said:

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Morin makes the team ahead of Myers next year. If Myers shows more, he should get a shot, and then they can figure out what to do with Morin.

Hextall said Myers has earned a long look in camp. I've said it before, but I don't think it's too big a leap to say that when all is said and done regarding this group of young defensemen, Myers comes out as the 2nd best overall after Provorov.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Myers comes out as the 2nd best overall after Provorov.

let's hope he can stay healthy.... I still think Sanheim is gonna be the #2 but either way I am not complaining!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Hextall said Myers has earned a long look in camp. I've said it before, but I don't think it's too big a leap to say that when all is said and done regarding this group of young defensemen, Myers comes out as the 2nd best overall after Provorov.

Agree.  And Hextall isn't the only one saying it.  According to Scott Gordon...

Myers led the way last night, playing around 60 minutes. “And he looked the same in overtime as he did in the first period,” 

“He’s taken care of himself and gotten to the point where he can be able to do what he did last night and not have any ill effects,” Gordon said. “He’s a horse and in phenomenal shape.”

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Posted (edited)

Sad Kyrou is 20 and Frost is still 18.

Jordan Kyrou won OHL most valuable player for 2017-18. Morgan Frost finished 2nd

Edited by OccamsRazor

6 hours ago, brelic said:

I don't know about Morin... Out most of the year, including being out for like 4 months recently, and gets seriously reinjured in his 3rd game back?

It’s because Morin trained with Neuvy last summer. “Sammy use my guy he da best. “

• Haha 1

Looks like Carter Hart could be playing his last junior game tonight if they don't win down 3-0 in the series.

They lost last game 1-0.

Frost and Strome go at it again tonight series tied 2-2.

Rubtsov's Titans also play tonight trying to take a 3-1 series lead.

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sad Kyrou is 20 and Frost is still 18.

Jordan Kyrou won OHL most valuable player for 2017-18. Morgan Frost finished 2nd

I wouldn't call it sad...Kyrou deserved it and Frost had a phenomenal season. If he keeps developing the way he is he should be a front runner next year. The Soo will lose some talent but he should get stronger and better.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Looks like Carter Hart could be playing his last junior game tonight if they don't win down 3-0 in the series.

They lost last game 1-0.

Frost and Strome go at it again tonight series tied 2-2.

Rubtsov's Titans also play tonight trying to take a 3-1 series lead.

Pretty impressive year for the Flyers CHL prospects.

• Like 1

Everett is down 3-1. They won the first game. Lost games 2 and 3 by giving up late goals and losing in OT. And as mention 1-0 in game 4.

series has been a lot closer than what 3-1 suggests.

wouldnt count the tips out yet!

The Soo lose tonight 6-4.

Frost was pointless and -3.

Strome pointless and +1.

Bulldogs take a 3-2 lead in the series.

Titans win 5-3.

Rubtsov held pointless and -2

Titans take a 3-1 lead in the series.

Swift Current and Everett tied up 2-2 at end of the 2nd right now.

Everett must win tonight or it's over. 

Silvertips score 4 in the third to force game 6.

3 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Silvertips score 4 in the third to force game 6.

Riley Sutter is looking like an interesting pick outside the 1st round.

50 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Riley Sutter is looking like an interesting pick outside the 1st round.

He is a Hextall pick all the way. Solid two way player. Nothing flashy but puts up points. Would have no problem taking him with a second or third rounder. 

Love his consistent game. 

• Like 1

I’ve mentioned Wyatt Wylie before. Defense on Everett. Really liked his game against the hawks.

he is a plus 12 with 8 points through 21 games. 

Mid late round pick I am hoping for

Phantoms moving on to the Conference finals vs. the Toronto Marlies after beating the Charlotte Checkers 5-1 and take the series 4-1. 

Eastern Conference Finals schedule for LVPhantoms/@TorontoMarlies:

G1: @ TOR Sat May 19, 4:00 PM

G2@ TOR Sun May 20, 4:00 PM

G3@ LV Wed May 23, 7:05 PM

G4@ LV Fri May 25, 7:05 PM

G5*@ LV Sat May 26, 7:05 PM

G6*@ TOR Mon May 28, 7:00 PM

G7*@ TOR Wed May 30, 7:00

• Like 1

Strome's Bulldogs defeat Frost's Greyhounds to win the OHL title and advance to Memorial Cup.

Rubtsov's Titan win QMJHL title. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Strome's Bulldogs defeat Frost's Greyhounds to win the OHL title and advance to Memorial Cup.

Rubtsov's Titan win QMJHL title. 

Wonder if Forst will join the Phantoms now.

They sent Laberge and Ratcliffe home since they had to many bodies so he could just stay home and rest up.