LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

pilldoc

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/12/2018 at 9:11 PM, hf101 said:

Phantoms moving on to the Conference finals vs. the Toronto Marlies after beating the Charlotte Checkers 5-1 and take the series 4-1. 

Eastern Conference Finals schedule for LVPhantoms/@TorontoMarlies:

G1: @ TOR Sat May 19, 4:00 PM

G2@ TOR Sun May 20, 4:00 PM

G3@ LV Wed May 23, 7:05 PM

G4@ LV Fri May 25, 7:05 PM

G5*@ LV Sat May 26, 7:05 PM

G6*@ TOR Mon May 28, 7:00 PM

G7*@ TOR Wed May 30, 7:00

Just bought tickets to game 5...got tix in 2nd row from glass for 33.50 including taxes and fees.  Parking in the garage that is attached to the arena is a whopping $6.

The lesson learned in all this is that NHL teams have us by the cojones when it comes to pricing.  :whiteflag: 

From Meltzer... 

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Quick-Hits-Phantoms-Update-Memorial-Cup-Schedule-IIHF-Worlds-Update/45/92880

There is no official status update on Samuel Morin, but the circumstantial evidence does not look promising. Replays of his right knee injury in Game 4 in Charlotte are pretty gruesome. Video appears to show the 6-foot-7 Morin catching his skate in the ice as he went into the boards on a routine check. Morin was in immediate distress as he clutched his knee, howling in pain. 

Unlike Sanheim, who did not need crutches after his injury and walked without a limp ala Couturier, Morin was seen walking on crutches after the 5-OT marathon. Also unlike Sanheim, there is no talk about Morin potentially being available to play again anytime soon. It's been a brutal season for Big Sam, injury-wise. He spent virtually the entire season working through a recurrent nagging injury (believed but never officially confirmed to be a groin or abdominal muscle strain with overcompensation-related subsequent issues) that kept him out much of November and ruined a recall to the Flyers, later caused him to be shut down for most of December and eventually kept him out from Jan. 20 until Game 2 of the Charlotte series.

I see Carter Hart was just added to the Phantoms roster. Should they go down 0-3 do you think the Flyers brass might put him to give him a little taste of the AHL?

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

I see Carter Hart was just added to the Phantoms roster. Should they go down 0-3 do you think the Flyers brass might put him to give him a little taste of the AHL?

LHV go down 0-3

Frost is given some ice time just to show him what the AHL is about

Frost leaves the game with 4 pts in his rookie debut

LHV win 4-3

Hey, if Vegas can make it to the conference final...

Slow morning so i am looking at what would be the Phantoms lineup for next year...

17 Rubtsov 15 Vorobyev 37 Kosorenkov  

10 Carey 26 Varone 21 Kase 

28 Bunnaman 9 Bardreau 13 McDonald

24 Twarynski 14 Knight 9 Laberge 

6 Sanheim 5 Myers

43 Brennan 37 Friedman

3 Drake 44 Willcox 

41 Stolarz 

(Backup: 31 Hart)

First year players bolded.

Now of course none of this would be set in stone.

Some will just start the season in the AHL i think just for waiver exempt purposes.

Without know what the Flyers will do this offseason.

I have Vecchione, Lindblom and Aube Kubel making the big squad. 

However after NAK basically went pointless in the AHL he still have something to prove to me in the AHL before maybe being given a shot in the NHL so we'll see him will have to have a helluva camp/preseason or he is back in the A next year.

I also have Ivan Kosorenkov going undrafted again and the Flyers signing him to an entry level deal. Worth the gamble i think.

Imagine that the Flyers with a top line in the AHL full of Ruskies!!!!!

Sanheim could too and i have Lyon being a backup in the NHL because he would be subject to waivers.

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

DeJJKGaU0AAm7l5.jpg

First ever two-time CHL goalie of the year.

He did not win CHL player of the year.

Call me biased but he got screwed out of it last year I thought too...so he could have been the first 3 time ever...but two time is good as well.

On 5/10/2018 at 1:04 PM, brelic said:

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Morin makes the team ahead of Myers next year. If Myers shows more, he should get a shot, and then they can figure out what to do with Morin.

I'm not sure if this was stated elsewhere or not but Morin is expected to be out until Feb.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Rubtsov needs to rest up and get ready to try to make the Flyers in 2018-19. It's a long shot but there are roster spots up for grabs.

Nice to see the Titans win...if another first round exit team won the Mem Cup it wouldn't be right. Guys were saying yesterday that it really benefited Acadie to have the by into the final...Regina had FORTY days off to rest and get healthy while the Titans were grinding out 4 rounds of playoff hockey.

No way is Rubtsov ready for the NHL...I still have hopes for him but he hasn't developed a whole lot since he was drafted.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Nice to see the Titans win...if another first round exit team won the Mem Cup it wouldn't be right. Guys were saying yesterday that it really benefited Acadie to have the by into the final...Regina had FORTY days off to rest and get healthy while the Titans were grinding out 4 rounds of playoff hockey.

No way is Rubtsov ready for the NHL...I still have hopes for him but he hasn't developed a whole lot since he was drafted.

I don't think Rubstov is that far either. I think the game he plays is much better suited for the NHL than junior hockey. People forget that he plays an incredibly responsible two-way game and that part of Rubtsov's problem is that he's a lot like Couturier was to start out - he's so selfless that his defensive responsibility comes first to the point that offense always takes a back seat to defense. I say let him and Vorobyov be the top two centers in Lehigh Valley and let them develop that way. That's probably the best thing for them.

A great story about David Kase...

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/combine-flashback-kases-competitiveness--philadelphia-flyers/c-298911420

He will get his chance with the Phantoms next....having really earned his entry level contract.

"Sometimes you can tell more from the try," Hextall said last year. "In David's case, you're talking about a kid who wasn't physically mature and didn't have access to some of the same training that other players have. But he went out and competed. That tells you something."

"David plays a real honest game. He's a little pit bull; he was a pit bull in a poodle's body. He plays and competes. He's just a dog out there, [meaning] he hounds the puck. The skill level is there. He is a smart player. He stays on the right side of the puck. He needs to get stronger. For where we got him in the draft and his upside, we're very happy. He's a great kid and he just loves to play the game,' Hextall said.

• ruxpin unpinned this topic

Archived