LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

pilldoc

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hhhhhmmm why put it off unless he doesn't need it.

From what I understand, the surgery had a recovery time of days. So it's possible that it turns out it wasn't needed.

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the Phantoms ending up like this....

Leier - Vecchione - McDonald
Carey -Vorobyev - NAK
Martel - Varone - Connor
Knight - Fazleev - Krushelnyski
Swavely Hulak

Sanheim - Myers
Brennan - Friedman
O'Neill - Wilcox
Alt

Lyon
Irving

When Stolie is ready he will take Irving's place and i think Goulbourne will start in the ECHL. De Haas in the ECHL too.

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers-prospects-light-up-the-scoreboard-on-big-friday-night-in-the-chl/

Isaac Ratcliffe 

giphy.gif

2017 fourth-round pick Matthew Strome scored the game-winning goal and also landed third star honors on Friday night

giphy.gif

Pascal Laberge

giphy.gif

Laberge’s teammate -a guy you might remember by the name of Ivan Kosorenkov- scored a nice goal and earned second star honors

giphy.gif

Still can't believe they didn't sign this guy...

:bonkingheadonwall:

3 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Rubtsov might play in Chicoutimi's next game, paperwork issues seem to be fixed per Meltzer.

Hey @jammer2, going to the Spits game tonight? Let us know how Frost looks.

I saw Frost last week here in Barrie. He didn't rack up the points, but he's a smart player with a lot of skill. Always seems to be where the puck is. Made plenty of nice passes.

9 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I saw Frost last week here in Barrie. He didn't rack up the points, but he's a smart player with a lot of skill. Always seems to be where the puck is. Made plenty of nice passes.

I'm surprised we haven't heard more griping from Flyer fans about them passing on Eeli Tolvanen who lighting the KHL up this year as a 18 year old.

He has 10 goals to go with 8 assist in only 14 games. Yeah they are stacked at RW from a prospect point of view.

So i guess i'll be the 1st to b!tch about it.......remember take the BPA!!!!!!!

I'm sure they will say they project Frost to be blah blah blah....

:rage:

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm surprised we haven't heard more griping from Flyer fans about them passing on Eeli Tolvanen who lighting the KHL up this year as a 18 year old.

He has 10 goals to go with 8 assist in only 14 games. Yeah they are stacked at RW from a prospect point of view.

So i guess i'll be the 1st to b!tch about it.......remember take the BPA!!!!!!!

I'm sure they will say they project Frost to be blah blah blah....

:rage:

I really like Frost as a prospect. Great wheels, smarts, excellent passer...what's not to like?

23 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I really like Frost as a prospect. Great wheels, smarts, excellent passer...what's not to like?

Not saying i don't like him all i have seen is highlight videos. It never shows the bad side though.

I'm just getting ahead start on the b!tching!!!

Need something new besides talking about Morin and Sanheim being healthy scratches!!!!

:VeryCool:

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not saying i don't like him all i have seen is highlight videos. It never shows the bad side though.

I'm just getting ahead start on the b!tching!!!

Need something new besides talking about Morin and Sanheim being healthy scratches!!!!

:VeryCool:

there's always McDud!

On 10/5/2017 at 1:45 PM, AJgoal said:

Rubtsov might play in Chicoutimi's next game, paperwork issues seem to be fixed per Meltzer.

Hey @jammer2, going to the Spits game tonight? Let us know how Frost looks.

I could not go last night. Watched a bit of it on tv. Didn't see enough to really comment, except to say fc hit him dead on in general. His calling cards are his speed and vision. He's quite creative and despite being a pass first kinda guy (he fits the mold of Giroux in terms of play making center), he has a nice set of hands. Like most assist guys, it drives you crazy when they don't shoot more often. A few times  last year he was dead center with Diepietro, only 5 or 6 feet out. He chose to pass for the attempted easy tap in to a teammate both times, and DiEpietro is so damn fast, he got over there both times. The play there was shoot, but his speed made the plays happen in the first place, so he gave and he took. 

Some college hockey stats...

Terrance Amorosa picks up two assist including setting up the GWer for Clarkson in their win last night.

Cooper Marody got an assist in their win.

Wade Allison 2 goals (GWer) and an assist in their win.

I've been reading Appleyard's Twitter account and David Kase is having a great run in the SEL with Mora. Appleyard and others are talking that Kase is having a Lindblom like run. Another incredibly talented player in the pipeline. The Flyers are starting to hit on those late round picks now.

Archived