Alzner signs with Montreal

hf101

Out with Emelin and Beaulieu, in with Schlemko and Alzner.

You know, as much as I like making fun of the Habs, I think they may have gotten a pretty good defensive core going now to go along with Carey Price.

Add in Jonathan Drouin up front to the already in-house Max Pac, Gallagher, and Galchenyuk (Habs still have him I believe), and I just may have to take this Montreal team more seriously as a Cup contender.

Of course, they will need some supplementary production from other lines, as scoring usually has been the nemesis of this team, but still, pretty serious direction Montreal is taking with this latest Alzner signing.

I hope the plan isn't to pair Alzner with Weber. I said this in the shout box, but who goes back to get the puck? 

The secret with Weber is to dump to the corner and beat him there. He doesn't cover back very quickly. And Alzner is better moving up than back. 

Other teams will be licking their chops. 

I'd rather they split them, but I doubt that's the plan. 

So I'm back to, what the hell is Bergevin doing? Does he know?  The move may be okay, but I don't think in the way they're hoping. 

My impression of Bergevin is a guy in a sinking boat. He finds a hole, rips a plank out of the bottom of the hull, cuts it to size, and patches the hole. 

8 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

My impression of Bergevin is a guy in a sinking boat. He finds a hole, rips a plank out of the bottom of the hull, cuts it to size, and patches the hole. 

That's quite good. Well said. 

• 1 year later...

Aaaaaaand Alzner clears waivers.     lol

Player Agent: You need to trade my client!

Management: Trade him? I can't give him away.

Player Agent: Prove it!

Management: Okay, fine...

Archived