Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

yave1964

Red Wings free agent signings

Recommended Posts

Looks like things are cooling down, still guys like Vanek/Jagr, ect.... still out there but it looks like the Wings free agent frenzy is cooling off. Here is what we have added....

 

Trevor Daley: Solid jack of all trades defenseman, kills penalties, can work the second power play, can move the puck or stay at home with the right partner, in other words the type of defender the Wings need. Only curiousity is three years but other than that I like it.

 

Thomas McCollum: brought back in to be the Griffins goalie. It is possible this was done because Coreau is moving up and one of Howard/Mrazek will be moved.

 

Luke Witkowski: not really much of an NHL player, zero offense, he does bring a physical element to the team but will likely be in Grand Rapids.

 

Turner Elson: Injury prone bottom six AHL winger with a bit of upside but not much. Strictly AHL material.

 

 So a useful piece in Daley, a rugged defenseman who may stick as our number 7 guy in Witkowski and a couple of AHL guys. Not much to see here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it appears as though we will be competing for the bottom FIVE instead of the bottom four!

 

YEAH US!

 

:whiteflag:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to laugh when I read Blashill's comments regarding Witkowski.  (not verbatim) "He brings a toughness to our team.  he looks out for and sticks up for his teammates, something we need very much."

 

That's exactly what Steve Ott was brought in for last year, and he barely ever played, before being traded to the Habs.  Exactly how bad do we need the sandpaper, Coach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone will need to be moved.  With the new signings, the Wings only have $3MM in cap space, but still need to reach deals with restricted free agents Tatar, Ouellet, and Anthanasiou.  Both Tats and X are arbitration eligible, so it could get ugly if Holland tries to lowball them.  I can't imagine AA getting sent down just for cap room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WingNut722 said:

Someone will need to be moved.  With the new signings, the Wings only have $3MM in cap space, but still need to reach deals with restricted free agents Tatar, Ouellet, and Anthanasiou.  Both Tats and X are arbitration eligible, so it could get ugly if Holland tries to lowball them.  I can't imagine AA getting sent down just for cap room.

We can and will LTIR Franzen which will allow us to resign our F/A's with no problem, but I am still hoping that we move a forward for a defenseman. As of right now our only move roster wise is adding Daley and losing Nosek in the expansion draft. that is absurd for a team that missed the playoffs so badly to essentially return the entire team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2017 at 0:09 PM, yave1964 said:

that is absurd for a team that missed the playoffs so badly to essentially return the entire team. 

 

Welcome to the world of Mr.Holland. Is this guy scared to make a move or what, he's just WAY to laid back. He needs to reshuffle this deck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jammer2 said:

 

Welcome to the world of Mr.Holland. Is this guy scared to make a move or what, he's just WAY to laid back. He needs to reshuffle this deck!!

 

I think he is now. I think he has been afraid of making the big mistake. Before the perception would have been "Holland broke the streak." Now it would be, "Holland ruined the franchise."

 

But his paralysis HAS BEEN and IS ruining the franchise for the foreseeable future. He has missed the boat. And I'm trying to figure out how to climb out of the hole we are now in any way other than hoping that our young talent develops into a decent team in 5 years, and I'm coming up blank. That's a "hope and a prayer management."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SpikeDDS said:

 

I think he is now. I think he has been afraid of making the big mistake. Before the perception would have been "Holland broke the streak." Now it would be, "Holland ruined the franchise."

 

But his paralysis HAS BEEN and IS ruining the franchise for the foreseeable future. He has missed the boat. And I'm trying to figure out how to climb out of the hole we are now in any way other than hoping that our young talent develops into a decent team in 5 years, and I'm coming up blank. That's a "hope and a prayer management."

 

 Well, that is just my point, you refuse to make deals because of possible mistakes, you make deals cause they are in your perceived best interest of the franchise. Playing favourites and just flat out accepting the status quo is the kind of backwards thinking that got this team in this mess. Only now, that he has not enough cap space to sign guys who are legit contributors is he willing to deal??  He needs to GO. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jammer2 said:

 

 Well, that is just my point, you refuse to make deals because of possible mistakes, you make deals cause they are in your perceived best interest of the franchise. Playing favourites and just flat out accepting the status quo is the kind of backwards thinking that got this team in this mess. Only now, that he has not enough cap space to sign guys who are legit contributors is he willing to deal??  He needs to GO. 

@yave1964 and I have been singing this song since the streak was at around 22-23 years. We saw this coming. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SpikeDDS said:

@yave1964 and I have been singing this song since the streak was at around 22-23 years. We saw this coming. 

Like a car sliding slowly on ice towards an accident in slow motion. That is how I would describe the past five years. It was inevitable, clear to see what the outcome would be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Like a car sliding slowly on ice towards an accident in slow motion. That is how I would describe the past five years. It was inevitable, clear to see what the outcome would be.

 

 Yes, I remember many conversations between you and other Wings fans bemoaning the tactics of Holland. 

 

 Pffft, now we have Tatar, who was a half a year away from being basically dismissed from the org, they would have walked away....largely due to streaky, unreliable play etc....NOW he is probably going to get a nice deal, based on the last half of the season....and a large part of that was playing with Zetts. Will Zetts even be there at the end of this Tatar deal?  I let him walk, or at least try and low ball him. AA is the true guy management should be worried about. Let someone else make a mistake with Tatar, or at least try and talk him down. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2017 at 3:14 PM, yave1964 said:

Looks like things are cooling down, still guys like Vanek/Jagr, ect.... still out there but it looks like the Wings free agent frenzy is cooling off. Here is what we have added....

 

Trevor Daley: Solid jack of all trades defenseman, kills penalties, can work the second power play, can move the puck or stay at home with the right partner, in other words the type of defender the Wings need. Only curiousity is three years but other than that I like it.

 

Thomas McCollum: brought back in to be the Griffins goalie. It is possible this was done because Coreau is moving up and one of Howard/Mrazek will be moved.

 

Luke Witkowski: not really much of an NHL player, zero offense, he does bring a physical element to the team but will likely be in Grand Rapids.

 

Turner Elson: Injury prone bottom six AHL winger with a bit of upside but not much. Strictly AHL material.

 

 So a useful piece in Daley, a rugged defenseman who may stick as our number 7 guy in Witkowski and a couple of AHL guys. Not much to see here.

 

 Have you heard this rumor/report....AA talking to KHL teams for a one year deal??  This may be a bargaining ploy, but if it is, it's a solid one. Another rumor has the Wings looking to trade him as part of a bigger deal. I would like to see a 3 way deal, with the Wings giving up AA, Leafs JVR, and another team that has a quality D man to give up....Wings get the dman, Leafs get AA, mystery team gets JVR. 

 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

 This seems like the perfect chance for a team minus speed and skill at forward to make an offer. Just high enough that the Wings could not, or would not match. 

Edited by jammer2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 1
      Post
      Looks like things are cooling down, still guys like Vanek/Jagr, ect.... still out there but it looks like the Wings free agent frenzy is cooling off. Here is what we have added....   Trevor Daley: Solid jack of all trades defenseman, kills penalties, can work the second power play, can move the puck or stay at home with the right partner, in other words the type of defender the Wings need. Only curiousity is three years but other than that I like it.   Thomas McCollum: brough
    • 1
      Post
      Well, that is just my point, you refuse to make deals because of possible mistakes, you make deals cause they are in your perceived best interest of the franchise. Playing favourites and just flat out accepting the status quo is the kind of backwards thinking that got this team in this mess. Only now, that he has not enough cap space to sign guys who are legit contributors is he willing to deal??  He needs to GO. 
    • 1
      Post
      @yave1964 and I have been singing this song since the streak was at around 22-23 years. We saw this coming. 
    • 1
      Post
      Like a car sliding slowly on ice towards an accident in slow motion. That is how I would describe the past five years. It was inevitable, clear to see what the outcome would be.
    • 1
      Post
      Yes, I remember many conversations between you and other Wings fans bemoaning the tactics of Holland.     Pffft, now we have Tatar, who was a half a year away from being basically dismissed from the org, they would have walked away....largely due to streaky, unreliable play etc....NOW he is probably going to get a nice deal, based on the last half of the season....and a large part of that was playing with Zetts. Will Zetts even be there at the end of this Tatar deal?  I let him walk, o

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name

×
×
  • Create New...