Habs make offer to Streit

According to Marc De Foy of Le Journal de Montreal, the team has made a one-year, $1.5 million offer to former Canadiens blueliner Mark Streit

Full story: Here

Don't know why the Habs want to go after a 39yr old defensemen. The only good thing I guess is he does have Stanley Cup experience with the Pens.

Well, you know, if Mark Streit has anything at all left in the tank, or he is ok being a 6th or 7th defenseman on a deep team, then why wouldn't a team want him?

Age aside, which, granted, is a big deal in this case, the biggest criticism leveled his way on the Flyers was that he was being asked to do more than was feasible at this stage of his career.

Streit is a guy, who, if he can still play, should not be anywhere NEAR top pair minutes, or even 2nd pair minutes, but was asked out of necessity, to do so by Philadelphia.

Over in Pittsburgh, he basically was a spare part, insurance, if you would, in case any of the other defensemen injured their Letangs.....know what I mean? :VeryCool:

At any rate, sure Streit was on the winning Cup team this past season, but he was a deadline rental that sat more than he played, so I don't know how much "Cup experience" he can bring to a team.

However, VETERAN experience he has in spades, and again, if the guy can still play a bit and you don't ask a ton of him, teams could do worse than have him play for them at 1.5M.

Montreal may just be deep enough to where Streit shouldn't get exposed too much.

2 hours ago, FriendlyGuitarist said:

According to Marc De Foy of Le Journal de Montreal, the team has made a one-year, $1.5 million offer to former Canadiens blueliner Mark Streit

Full story: Here

Don't know why the Habs want to go after a 39yr old defensemen. The only good thing I guess is he does have Stanley Cup experience with the Pens.

I hope he signs there it will help my Flyer's chances when he does.....what a liability in his own end he is.

Ole Ole Ole

Archived