Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

FriendlyGuitarist

Duchene, will he actually get traded?

Recommended Posts

It's been rumored for atleast the last few months that the Avs are going to trade Duchene. I'm starting to think that they won't trade him. I'll be surprised when they actually do because it's taking them forever to trade him. Do you see him getting traded? Where do you think he will end up? I'm thinking he will stay in Colorado.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FriendlyGuitarist said:

It's been rumored for atleast the last few months that the Avs are going to trade Duchene. I'm starting to think that they won't trade him. I'll be surprised when they actually do because it's taking them forever to trade him. Do you see him getting traded? Where do you think he will end up? I'm thinking he will stay in Colorado.

 

This is the Avalanche we are talking about.

 

I am sure we all remember the drama that was Colorado vs. O'Reilly...how that dragged on, until finally the Avs traded O'Reilly (after giving him a nice bump in salary on a short deal....or was that forced on them by arbitration? something to look up..).

 

So really, the Duchene situation is a big "Who knows?"

This too may drag out for a bit until Duchene sees his way out the door.

 

If anyone can accurately predict ANYTHING the Colorado Avalanche do these these, I'd say they are a flippin genius and/or have psychic abilities!

 

With as much of a pompous ass as I understand Patrick Roy can be, I am starting to think he may have been in the right to just up and leave when he did............he probably knows quite a bit more about what's going on behind the scenes with upper management and ownership than the general media is aware.

 

And if the sideshow stuff we see and the poor on ice play is any indication, then something is rotten in Denver-mark (see what I did there, Shakespeare fans? :VeryCool: ).........and Matt Duchene may be the latest guy who may find himself lucky to be shipped away from it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

 

This is the Avalanche we are talking about.

 

I am sure we all remember the drama that was Colorado vs. O'Reilly...how that dragged on, until finally the Avs traded O'Reilly (after giving him a nice bump in salary on a short deal....or was that forced on them by arbitration? something to look up..).

 

So really, the Duchene situation is a big "Who knows?"

This too may drag out for a bit until Duchene sees his way out the door.

 

If anyone can accurately predict ANYTHING the Colorado Avalanche do these these, I'd say they are a flippin genius and/or have psychic abilities!

 

With as much of a pompous ass as I understand Patrick Roy can be, I am starting to think he may have been in the right to just up and leave when he did............he probably knows quite a bit more about what's going on behind the scenes with upper management and ownership than the general media is aware.

 

And if the sideshow stuff we see and the poor on ice play is any indication, then something is rotten in Denver-mark (see what I did there, Shakespeare fans? :VeryCool: ).........and Matt Duchene may be the latest guy who may find himself lucky to be shipped away from it.

 

Rumor is Sakic wants an established young NHL player (preferable a defenseman), a 1st round pick and a top prospect. That's insanity. I'd do the player/prospect or player/pick but not all 3.  

 

From the Pens (likely) perspective (they have been linked to Duchene) - would I part with Olli Maatta and a 1st for Duchene? Yes.  Would I add Daniel Sprong to that deal? Hells no.  If they (Colorado) think Conor Sheary is a legit 25G/40A guy (I think he's more 20/30) then maybe he gets mentioned in trade talks as the centerpiece of a deal. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

trading Kessel probably helps bring Duchene into the fold...heck Kessel could even be a salary dump-esque move for picks or a prospect.

I don't think I'd do a 1st a top prospect and an established player either.  I would strongly consider two of the three though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it was almost a done deal ro go to the islanders untill they said they wanted sorkin 1 of there goalie prospects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

trading Kessel probably helps bring Duchene into the fold...heck Kessel could even be a salary dump-esque move for picks or a prospect.

I don't think I'd do a 1st a top prospect and an established player either.  I would strongly consider two of the three though

 

No way I trade the Big Oreo to get Duchene.  Maatta actually makes the most sense. Rutherford said that once Sheary and Dumoulin got through arbitration he'll have about $2,000,000 left for a 3C (paging Matt Cullen).  If Maatta and his $4,000,000+ cap hit are dealt for Duchene the math works out real nice for the Pens.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is absolutely insane that he is still an avalanche property, just nonsense that Sakic has not pulled the trigger. The defense consists of Barrie and Erik Johnson, literally nothing else. Bigras will probably be promoted but hasnt done much at the AHL level, Makar may make the team straight from being drafted so that he can learn bad habits, Barberio who flat out cannot play is in the mix, fopr the life of me I do not see another defenseman in the organization who can play. Zadorov maybe but he looks like a bust and it is sounding as if he is heading back to Russia.

 

  I get it that Sakic is trying to maximize his return for Duchene, he wants a top tier  prospect, a first round pick and a top pairing defender which 30 other GMs have laughed at, it is never going to happen, Duchene mailed it in last year, he was not only awful last year but the effort was not there. Horrible player last season and killed his value. If Sakic gets anyone to give him two of the three he should take it and move on. Supposedly Columbus offered Ryan Murray and Sonny Milano and a pick and were turned down, for the life of me I do not see anyone offering more. 

  The 'Lanche do have a ton of cap room and there are a lot of cody Franson's still waiting on a call so they may just use some money to patch a defense together and try to wait teams out on Duchene but after not making a move at the deadline last year it seemed certain he would have been moved early this summer. Now we are closing in on training camp so who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sakic needs to get his head out of his bubble. No way is he going to get what he wants for Duchene. Especially after how he played last season. This is why Duchene is going to remain an Avalanche until Sakic can realize he needs to sell Duchene for a lot less which I doubt is going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Avs are smart they will pull the trigger on a trade....no need to let this drag into the season....get your haul now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 2
      Post
      Rumor is Sakic wants an established young NHL player (preferable a defenseman), a 1st round pick and a top prospect. That's insanity. I'd do the player/prospect or player/pick but not all 3.     From the Pens (likely) perspective (they have been linked to Duchene) - would I part with Olli Maatta and a 1st for Duchene? Yes.  Would I add Daniel Sprong to that deal? Hells no.  If they (Colorado) think Conor Sheary is a legit 25G/40A guy (I think he's more 20/30) then maybe he gets mention
    • 2
      Post
      No way I trade the Big Oreo to get Duchene.  Maatta actually makes the most sense. Rutherford said that once Sheary and Dumoulin got through arbitration he'll have about $2,000,000 left for a 3C (paging Matt Cullen).  If Maatta and his $4,000,000+ cap hit are dealt for Duchene the math works out real nice for the Pens.
    • 1
      Post
      It's been rumored for atleast the last few months that the Avs are going to trade Duchene. I'm starting to think that they won't trade him. I'll be surprised when they actually do because it's taking them forever to trade him. Do you see him getting traded? Where do you think he will end up? I'm thinking he will stay in Colorado.
    • 1
      Post
      This is the Avalanche we are talking about.   I am sure we all remember the drama that was Colorado vs. O'Reilly...how that dragged on, until finally the Avs traded O'Reilly (after giving him a nice bump in salary on a short deal....or was that forced on them by arbitration? something to look up..).   So really, the Duchene situation is a big "Who knows?" This too may drag out for a bit until Duchene sees his way out the door.   If anyone can accurately predict
    • 1
      Post
      trading Kessel probably helps bring Duchene into the fold...heck Kessel could even be a salary dump-esque move for picks or a prospect. I don't think I'd do a 1st a top prospect and an established player either.  I would strongly consider two of the three though

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name

×
×
  • Create New...