Kessel Trade Rumors

B21

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/12505594-74/penguins-jim-rutherford-doesnt-foresee-trading-phil-kessel

He's right - nothing more than talk show fodder after Ron Cook wrote an article last month on his "sources" telling him the Pens were shopping Kessel. I gotta call hogwash on that one. The Bearded Oreo isn't going anywhere. What's more shocking to me....

The Penguins are about $9.5 million under the $75 million salary cap with 12 forwards and seven defensemen under contract. Winger Conor Sheary and defenseman Brian Dumoulin are due big raises in arbitration.  After that process is complete, Rutherford said the Penguins project they'll have about $2 million left to add a third-line center.

That means Rutherford forsees Sheary & Dumoulin making a combined $7.5 million? That seems a bit much...

I wonder if his source is Rob Rossi.  That would be so Rossilike to start rumors like that  to try to get his name out there.   This is the same kind of garbage that followed Jagr around.  For years xxx(can't remember his name at the time) they kept saying that Jagr would be traded.  Eventually he was and they were like AHA, I TOLD YOU SO.   Take any player, and say that he will "eventually" be traded, and you will be right 99% of the time.

Whatever,  I just don't see it, Phil is loving it here, and he's fitting in quite nicely. Nothing more than radio fodder to boost listenership. 

20 hours ago, nossagog said:

I wonder if his source is Rob Rossi.  That would be so Rossilike to start rumors like that  to try to get his name out there.   This is the same kind of garbage that followed Jagr around.  For years xxx(can't remember his name at the time) they kept saying that Jagr would be traded.  Eventually he was and they were like AHA, I TOLD YOU SO.   Take any player, and say that he will "eventually" be traded, and you will be right 99% of the time.

Whatever,  I just don't see it, Phil is loving it here, and he's fitting in quite nicely. Nothing more than radio fodder to boost listenership. 

Fuggin' Rossi. Even TSN has picked up on it now.

Now there are two guys I know of (he and I) on the wrong side of "portly" yet still athletic. :DancingGrape:

When the wife says I need to lose weight I say "Yeah - but Phil Kessel...." and have another Oreo.

4 hours ago, B21 said:

Fuggin' Rossi. Even TSN has picked up on it now.

Now there are two guys I know of (he and I) on the wrong side of "portly" yet still athletic. :DancingGrape:

When the wife says I need to lose weight I say "Yeah - but Phil Kessel...." and have another Oreo.

Button on TSN basically calling it "Fake News".    Cook is a Jim Rome wannabe who shouldn't be believed.   Its just speculation that has no basis. 

9 hours ago, Trefilov22 said:

Heck, any time the Penguins get rid of a great player, it is a good day! :)  Go Caps!

Welcome to the forums @Trefilov22. I'm sure when the season starts, we'll have some good Pens/Caps debates.  

And remember, "It's a great day for hockey". Bob Badger Johnson

13 hours ago, nossagog said:

Button on TSN basically calling it "Fake News".    Cook is a Jim Rome wannabe who shouldn't be believed.   Its just speculation that has no basis. 

Yeah - I saw the Button comments. Cookie is OK - he's a nice equalizer with Filiponi on the 10-2 show. Filiponi is nothing more than a bitter Syracuse almuni who does anything and everything to antagonize the "yinzers".

12 hours ago, Trefilov22 said:

Heck, any time the Penguins get rid of a great player, it is a good day! :)  Go Caps!

Welcome! How many more year on that Brooks Orpik $5.5 million annual cap hit? :DancingGrape:

Archived