The summer of Stanley

nossagog

1 minute ago, nossagog said:

Just a link to the Summer of Stanley article on NHL.com.     It keeps getting updated as the players and staff get the cup for a day.  This is what it is all about as a player:

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/team/summer-of-stanley-2017

ah geez.... this is just going to be a repeat of last summer.

:bonkingheadonwall:  

:IDunnoSmiley:

5 minutes ago, nossagog said:

Hey, you can always become a Pens fan!!!!  It would probably only hurt for a few years.

I'll put it on my list.  There are 28 teams ahead of the Pens though.

Before I derail this thread further.  Here are some comments from Guentzels day with the cup.  

(ugggh.... so non-minnesota)

'It got a little crazy.' Fans flock to see Guentzel and the Stanley Cup

“I was starting to think it was sinking in until we walked in today,” said Mike Guentzel, also a Gophers men’s hockey associate head coach. “With the amount of people here … it’s emotional. We’re so proud.”

The earliest-arriving fan drove from Duluth and got to Woodbury at midnight — 13 hours early — to be first in line to get a picture with Guentzel

As his son posed with fan after fan, Mike Guentzel again tried to put everything into perspective.

“It’s just remarkable. It’s a proud moment for our family,” he said. “I don’t think it will ever get old.”

http://www.startribune.com/magical-run-continues-as-jake-guentzel-brings-stanley-cup-to-woodbury/434344193/

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

ah geez.... this is just going to be a repeat of last summer.

:bonkingheadonwall:  

:IDunnoSmiley:

Fun thread idea if you feel like starting....if you (the forum member) were on a Cup winning team, what would your day entail?

2 minutes ago, B21 said:

Fun thread idea if you feel like starting....if you (the forum member) were on a Cup winning team, what would your day entail?

Yep. I like it.  Are you sure you wouldn't like to start it?  Maybe in the General Hockey Forum??

1 minute ago, hf101 said:

Yep. I like it.  Are you sure you wouldn't like to start it?  Maybe in the General Hockey Forum??

Nah. All you. Gets more cred coming from the forum czar. :cheers:

:firstplace:

34 minutes ago, B21 said:

Holding the Cup in a Flyers, Rangers and Capitals fan face while laughing! :firstplace:

21 minutes ago, B21 said:

Nah. All you. Gets more cred coming from the forum czar. :cheers:

I think of myself more of a Team Leader.... but here ya go.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2017 at 6:58 PM, nossagog said:

Phil Kessel trolls all the doubters, eats hot dogs from the stanley cup

You beat me to it.  He looks kinda svelte, no? Like there may actually be some abs under there....

Archived