If you had your day with Lord Stanley's Cup...

hf101

We have get togethers with friends and family often enough where, if I had the Cup, I would put it on display just behind the food table (we tend to put out our food buffet style and everyone just goes station to station on what they want) and show it off as people are getting their eats.

I THEN would probably go on with some tall tales about players I met during the Finals and advice I had given the winning team to help them get that Championship! :VeryCool:

Uh...yea right...like ANYONE would ever believe I'd give my vast hockey knowledge to the Pittsburgh Freakin Penguins... :ph34r:

Nossagog's day with the Stanley Cup in Myrtle Beach:

Up at 6:00 with the cup in the car.  Stop at Starbuck's and fill the cup with Latte. Take pictures and hope to get the Latte for free. 

Tee time at 6:45 at the Legends of Myrtle Beach, Heathland course.  Phil Pritchard will have cup in his own beer cart, but the only beer being served will be Guiness. Phill, and the cup, will be located on the 17th green hosting a closest to the cup contest, for the duration of my round,  with all proceeds going to the First Tee of Myrtle Beach.

After golf, a lunch with all the people I like will be served in the club house.  Chicken wings from Duff's in Rochester/Buffalo will be served.  No, the Wings will not be served in the Cup as hot sauce could damage the cup.  But the cup WILL contain blue cheese dressing. LOADS OF IT,  for dipping.  Sorry, no flavors to the wings,  just HOT wings. Eat all you want. 

After lunch its off to the beach for a private beach party. Will probably rent a parasailing boat for the day for anyone who wants an adventure.  Oh yeah, if its okay with Phil, I go tandam with the cup. Humm, wonder how much the Beach Boys would charge to play on the beach. 

Later, dinner will be fresh seafood, again on the beach, with all the people that helped me to get to where I am.  In the evening there will be dancing on the beach with the cup on a rotating  table in the middle of the dance floor with laser lights shining on it like a disco ball.   

Late night it will be back home with my direct family chilling with the cup to end the day, and a last few pints of Guiness from the cup around the pool.  Maybe the cup could serve as a fountain with Guiness flowing out of a hockey stick and into the cup, overflowing into a Guiness pool. Ahhhhhh. 

Just before bed, take the time and effort to clean and polish the cup to return it to a pristine state to pass along to the next person. 

4 minutes ago, nossagog said:

Nossagog's day with the Stanley Cup in Myrtle Beach:

Up at 6:00 with the cup in the car.  Stop at Starbuck's and fill the cup with Latte. Take pictures and hope to get the Latte for free. 

Tee time at 6:45 at the Legends of Myrtle Beach, Heathland course.  Phil Pritchard will have cup in his own beer cart, but the only beer being served will be Guiness. Phill, and the cup, will be located on the 17th green hosting a closest to the cup contest, for the duration of my round,  with all proceeds going to the First Tee of Myrtle Beach.

After golf, a lunch with all the people I like will be served in the club house.  Chicken wings from Duff's in Rochester/Buffalo will be served.  No, the Wings will not be served in the Cup as hot sauce could damage the cup.  But the cup WILL contain blue cheese dressing. LOADS OF IT,  for dipping.  Sorry, no flavors to the wings,  just HOT wings. Eat all you want. 

After lunch its off to the beach for a private beach party. Will probably rent a parasailing boat for the day for anyone who wants an adventure.  Oh yeah, if its okay with Phil, I go tandam with the cup. Humm, wonder how much the Beach Boys would charge to play on the beach. 

Later, dinner will be fresh seafood, again on the beach, with all the people that helped me to get to where I am.  In the evening there will be dancing on the beach with the cup on a rotating  table in the middle of the dance floor with laser lights shining on it like a disco ball.   

Late night it will be back home with my direct family chilling with the cup to end the day, and a last few pints of Guiness from the cup around the pool.  Maybe the cup could serve as a fountain with Guiness flowing out of a hockey stick and into the cup, overflowing into a Guiness pool. Ahhhhhh. 

Just before bed, take the time and effort to clean and polish the cup to return it to a pristine state to pass along to the next person. 

Guinness from the cup sounds awesome. 

Starbucks latte' should be banned from ever soiling it's majestic wonder.

I would bring it to a luxury hotel somewhere and make love to a beautiful exotic woman with the Cup close by. Then I'd bring it home for the wife to see. #winning :DancingGrape:

Archived