Concluding Edmonton Playoff and my thought for the summer

Edanl

In this blog, I want to conclude the Edmonton part in the playoff and my thought of what they need to do in the summer to be better next year.

In my opinion, Edmonton had a great run in the playoff as
Playoff
the beat San Jose in the first round and lost in seven games to Anaheim. In the series against Anaheim, there were a few conservation calls that went against Edmonton which I think that the referees got them wrong. But I don't believe that all the blame should go on the referees and that Edmonton also had a big part in their loose.

In my opinion, their defense wasn't sharp as it should have been, especially in game five when the let Anaheim tie the game after they were three goals down five minutes to the end of the game. I think that their inexperience of their young core of players is what cost them the game five and the series.  

In my opinion, the lack of experience is what cost them the playoffs because they got out of their game and didn't have the right composure. They let the referees and Anaheim get under their skin instead of playing their game. I think that it will teach them for next time to be more focused on their own game and don't give into the distractions.

Next year

In my opinion, the effect of the way that they lost the series against Anaheim will leave a scar that will take the time to heal. I was reading the playoff comments from McDavid I think that the experience will strengthen them for the future as he said in the interviews. 

They have a great goaltender and a great core of player that can lead them in the next couple of years which they need to keep. They need to get more defensive players to strengthen their defense. In the offensive part, I think that they are settled and have great offensive players that can score a lot of goals which is led by McDavid and Draisaitl.

In my opinion, they need to make minor adjustments on the defensive part and add another good forward to help on the offensive lines.  

I think that they experience that they got from the series against San Jose and Anaheim will strengthen them next year, and I believe that they will get to the playoffs and do better. They will take all the things that they did right and learn from their mistakes, and I believe that we will see them better next year.

I think that if they keep this core of young and great players in the years to come so, they will have great success. I have faith in Gretzky and the management that they will continue on the same path and will lead the team to success in the next years, and hopefully, they will win the Stanley Cup in the next few years.

Archived