Where is your favorite place to sit?

FriendlyGuitarist

I hope my couch counts. With every year which passes, I go to fewer and fewer events.

a) People.   /shudder

b) My back has gotten bad enough that I'd prefer some nice time in an iron maiden over arena seats.

10 hours ago, FriendlyGuitarist said:

Where is your favorite place to sit when you go to a hockey game?

For me I love to sit in the second level close to center ice. You can see everything perfectly from that view!

My uncle was a Flyers STH for years and had these tickets for probably the entire time the spectrum in Philly. Second level, two rows up just off the red line above the Flyers' bench. It really is a perfect view of the game. 

10 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Lower bowl, behind the penalty box or the benches. I also like lower bowl behind the net. Anywhere that you can beat on the glass works for me.

I knew this guy looked familiar...

10 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

used to like you yave.  

I cannot help it, I am a fifty two year old fan boy, lol. Sometimes my five year old grandson even looks at me like he wishes I would tone it down.

I'm with J.R.  I go to fewer games each season. I used to feel like it was my duty as one of the early hardcore Preds fans to maintain my season tickets and try to take as many new fans as I could to the games. Then I switched to a half-season package, and now I just get random tickets from my sister who is still a STH. 

When I do go, I prefer 2nd or 3rd level and the last row. At Bridgestone, the last row has a little ledge behind it which is awesome for putting drinks, jackets, progams, etc... you can also stand up or lean forward as much as you like without bothering anyone behind you. Very rarely will I sit in the lower bowl, but it's nice here and there to remind you of the insane speed in the NHL game. 

Well Blue line I would say for me and about 10 or so rows up.  But once in a while its fun to be next to the glass to see the hits.  And hear them.  But all in all, I pretty much usually buy blue line.  Or just inside the blue line, like between the blue line and top of the circle.  Preferably enemy zone for first and third period.  I sure got robbed at a baseball game last year in San Fransisco.  I thought I had bought box seats on the Orioles side.  Turns out in inter league play they do not put the road team on the third base side.  Could not believe it.

21 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Well Blue line I would say for me and about 10 or so rows up.  But once in a while its fun to be next to the glass to see the hits.  And hear them.  But all in all, I pretty much usually buy blue line.  Or just inside the blue line, like between the blue line and top of the circle.  Preferably enemy zone for first and third period.  I sure got robbed at a baseball game last year in San Fransisco.  I thought I had bought box seats on the Orioles side.  Turns out in inter league play they do not put the road team on the third base side.  Could not believe it.

The Giants' dugout is always the 3rd base side. Nothing at all to do with interleague. 

We always try to get seats that are somewhat center-ice'ish....whether lower or upper.

Around the blue lines works too.

First rows (1-4) of second level seating works, as you can see the whole ice while still feeling reasonably close.

Hate corner ice seats...especially down low.

When I lived in Clearwater, FL, while going to Lightning games, a bunch of us always got seats behind the home goalie where the home team defends twice.

Granted, this type of seating kinda sucks when the action is taking place at the other end, but the close ups, the goalie play, and the bad ass saves by Darren Puppa or Nikolai Khabibulin right in front of you simply could not be beat.......... of course, when the other team scored, you can also see EXACTLY how much of a ten-hole the goalie left for the shooter too.... :ahappy:

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2017 at 6:34 PM, FriendlyGuitarist said:

Where is your favorite place to sit when you go to a hockey game?

For me I love to sit in the second level close to center ice. You can see everything perfectly from that view!

Your second line there = exactly what I was going to write. 

Costs less than lower bowl, superior view--can't beat it! 

:toast: for your username too.  

3 hours ago, thenewestlights said:

Your second line there = exactly what I was going to write. 

Costs less than lower bowl, superior view--can't beat it! 

:toast: for your username too.  

Also known as The Axe Murderer

I had season tickets for the Spits last year. Got to select my absolute fav spot in the rink. That would be, behind the penalty box, about 20- 25 rows up, slightly cheating to the side where the home team shoots twice. In my experience, this gives you a perfect view of the ice, and a perfect view of teams ramping up for defensive zone outbreaks that turn into offensive zone entries. It also lets you hear a lot of stuff on the ice that would not be caught if you sat higher up. Also, gives you a nice perspective on line changes and seeing the coach interact with the ref/players etc. 

On 8/29/2017 at 3:49 PM, jammer2 said:

I had season tickets for the Spits last year. Got to select my absolute fav spot in the rink. That would be, behind the penalty box, about 20- 25 rows up, slightly cheating to the side where the home team shoots twice. In my experience, this gives you a perfect view of the ice, and a perfect view of teams ramping up for defensive zone outbreaks that turn into offensive zone entries. It also lets you hear a lot of stuff on the ice that would not be caught if you sat higher up. Also, gives you a nice perspective on line changes and seeing the coach interact with the ref/players etc. 

:scratcheshead: Your writeup about that section actually gets me considering 

sitting there for any next live hockey action. :bluehockey: :hockey-referee-smiley-emoticon: :playing-hockey-smiley-emoticon: 

Never tried it. But it sounds like a winner. 

:toast:

Archived