Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
jammer2

Flyers and Oct, the first 11 games

elmatus    295
15 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

The flip out will come if they appear listless, slow and stupid, then, fire and trade all the things.

I think your assessment is bang on, and I have nothing of value to add at all. I just wanted to quote this part.

elmatus    295
On 2017-07-22 at 10:01 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Well from what i have read (like i said not my words) Sanheim still needed to work on somethings from a defensive standpoint just clean up somethings before he is seen in the NHL.

So maybe by mid season he will have done that.

However there is still the chance he has studied/watched film or utilized one of the many ways to get better during the offseason to impress the coaching staff/GM and convince them he is ready.

Guess we'll see come camp/preseason.

I think for now Morin and Hagg ate ready.

Unlesd they take a step back this preseason.

I find Hagg to be an interesting case. Some years ago, he was considered a very good find, then suddenly he wasn't performing at all and became questionable at best for a couple years, now since last season he's returned to being favoured. I honestly haven't watched him enough to have a great deal to say about him. I just find the chatter surrounding him to be interesting given all the flipping and the flopping over the years.

• Like 1

jammer2    4,712
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I find Hagg to be an interesting case. Some years ago, he was considered a very good find, then suddenly he wasn't performing at all and became questionable at best for a couple years, now since last season he's returned to being favoured. I honestly haven't watched him enough to have a great deal to say about him. I just find the chatter surrounding him to be interesting given all the flipping and the flopping over the years.

I think the only thing wrong with Hagg is lack of flash and dash. He plays a composed, steady, cerebral game that can often be mistaken for lack of effort or at least plodding. The kids he is competing with for a roster spot, all have something on him. Sanheim is a better skater and better offensively and Morin is bigger and meaner. Myers is also a vastly superior skater. The kid would be ranked higher in a different teams prospect pool. One thing for sure, he better bring his A game to training camp. I'm sure he will get a look this year, even if he is sent down to start out. It would be shocking to see him make the team right out of camp though. 

Edited by jammer2
  • Like 3

OccamsRazor    4,405
2 hours ago, elmatus said:

No two prospects develop at the same time and rate some take time and coming over from Europe learning the difference in size rinks along with a different system takes time.

He has been on some not so talented teams in the AHL.

Has been through coaching changes.

And last year was his 1st year with an actual coach to coach up the Dmen. And he has had many many different partners on the blueline for the Phantoms.

He has all the tools tough and physical and skates well and brig some size 6-2 and i heard up to 212 pounds now.

All he needs is a chance and someone to coach him up and let him go through his growing pains like Ivan did.

Then we'll see.

• Like 1

OccamsRazor    4,405

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

ku-xlarge.gif

Howie58    683

Boy, it is tough. But I think this will be a "Three-Season," pre-Thanksgiving, Turkey Day to All Star, post-All-Star.  I have little hope up front, then the line-juggling will damp down....and maybe (hopefully), we see a really positive glimpse of a new era.  

vis    395

I think Hagg's compete level was a concern even before he got to the AHL.  I recall some quotes from his coach in Sweden or maybe Terry Murray to the effect that he had NHL-caliber skill, but questioning whether he would develop NHL-level compete/desire.  In any event, he's at a point where he should make the team if for no other reason than to see if he truly can be an NHL player.

King Knut    1,681
On 7/17/2017 at 5:19 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah can't much harder than that to start the year off.

The only positive i have is there have been a lot of change on both sides of the puck so no telling how it is going to go.

Guessing going .500 out of that would be a ok to start. 

In light of the schedule, if they have a poor start, I'm not going to get all upset or down on them just yet.  That's a lot of tough established teams to go up against for a young team just coming together.  

jammer2    4,712
Posted (edited)

I already have a LOT of dates circled on the ol' calendar....

Dates the Flyer picks come to town....LOTS of scouting to do this year!!

1)Morgan Frost (3 visits)...Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds...plays in Windsor on...Oct 05th-17, Feb 24th-18 and Mar 08th-18F

2)Isaac Ratcliffe (2 visits)...Guelph Storm...Sept 24th-17 and Feb 08th-18

3)Matthew Strome (1 visit)....Hamilton Bulldogs...Nov 02nd-17

4)Makism Sushko (2 visits) ....Owen Sound Attack...Nov16th-17 and Mar 15th-18

5)Anthony Salinitri (3 visits) ..Sarnia Sting....Oct 15th-17, Jan 11th-18 and Feb 01-18

6)Connor Bunnaman (1 visit)  Kitchener Rangers...Sept 26th-2017...

It's WAY early, but anyone with any questions or wants me to watch a particular skill etc, all you gotta do is ask!1

Yeesh....can't remember the last time the Flyers had EDIT...*6*  drafted players in the "O".....gonna be fun!!

Edited by jammer2
  • Like 1

OccamsRazor    4,405
9 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

I already have a LOT of dates circled on the ol' calendar....

Dates the Flyer picks come to town....LOTS of scouting to do this year!!

1)Morgan Frost (3 visits)...Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds...plays in Windsor on...Oct 05th-17, Feb 24th-18 and Mar 08th-18F

2)Isaac Ratcliffe (2 visits)...Guelph Storm...Sept 24th-17 and Feb 08th-18

3)M

Don't forget to scout Bunnaman (Rangers) his last year in juniors too.

Anthony Salinitri with Sarnia as well....we're counting on you man!

And while you're at it check Strome out with Hamilton and Sushko with Owen Sound.

Man you're gonna be busy!!!!

jammer2    4,712
9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Don't forget to scout Bunnaman (Rangers) his last year in juniors too.

Anthony Salinitri with Sarnia as well....we're counting on you man!

And while you're at it check Strome out with Hamilton and Sushko with Owen Sound.

Man you're gonna be busy!!!!

Some times I hit submit before I'm done the post, so if I lose stuff, I can back-track....but I did forget about Bunnaman, which is crazy cause he's one of my absolute favs. 

hf101    2,105

It seems that the message given to the Flyers during the exit interviews was to return in September prepared for a fast start to the 2017 season. Gostisbehere mentions it in his interview with NHL tonight.

I don't understand why some think the defense is going to be in a lot of trouble with two rookies on it. Fact is, Hagg is going on his 4th pro season and Morin is going to be starting his 3rd. They got considerable time in the AHL to play and hone their skills, so it's not like they're coming out of junior. These are youngsters that are prepared to make the jump. Honestly, I don't foresee any difficulties and if there are, it will be easily correctable. These are guys who have great hockey IQ, physical ability and smarts. If anything, because nobody is expecting these guys to do anything, they have zero pressure on them and their performance will not suffer as a result. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

King Knut    1,681
Posted (edited)
On 8/12/2017 at 2:38 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I don't understand why some think the defense is going to be in a lot of trouble with two rookies on it. Fact is, Hagg is going on his 4th pro season and Morin is going to be starting his 3rd. They got considerable time in the AHL to play and hone their skills, so it's not like they're coming out of junior. These are youngsters that are prepared to make the jump. Honestly, I don't foresee any difficulties and if there are, it will be easily correctable. These are guys who have great hockey IQ, physical ability and smarts. If anything, because nobody is expecting these guys to do anything, they have zero pressure on them and their performance will not suffer as a result. 

Theyre gonna get burned at first,but that's how you learn. 

But it does happen, let's remember, everyone gets burned.  From Provo to Burns, you see it happen all the time. It's. It an easy job. Doesn't mean they suck. 

I'd rather have three rookies and a Provo and Ghost on the team that might improve than vets like Mac and Manning who won't.  

And i defend those two and consider them realistically serviceable in this league.  But I'm done with serviceable.  The future is nOw. 

Edited by King Knut
  • Like 1

King Knut    1,681
Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2017 at 11:06 PM, Howie58 said:

Boy, it is tough. But I think this will be a "Three-Season," pre-Thanksgiving, Turkey Day to All Star, post-All-Star.  I have little hope up front, then the line-juggling will damp down....and maybe (hopefully), we see a really positive glimpse of a new era.  

God if Hakstol doesn't stop juggling the Fwds, I'm gonna get really frustrated.  You know their skill sets.  Give them time to figure each their out Hax-hole!

sorry, too far?

Edited by King Knut
  • Like 1

Howie58    683

K-squared:

My gut says he will have to damp down the juggling to show he's learned from two years of NHL experience. That said, the infusion of new talent means a lot of reality testing.  If Giroux is down.....even more.

Howie

• Like 1