Re-Signed: Pontus Aberg (2 years, $650k)

Great deal, I believe that this guy is on the verge of a breakout. His 16-17 season was very similar to what Arvidsson did in 15-16. While I don't think for a minute that Aberg is going to score 30 goals next season, if he gets consistent playing time in a scoring role (as in that 2nd line RW spot that the Preds have a big question mark on right now) I can definitely see 20 in this coming season and certainly more in the next. Obviously Poile think's along those lines by guaranteeing the $650k, meaning he believes Aberg will be a full-time Predator next season. 

1 hour ago, Honest Bender said:

Great deal, I believe that this guy is on the verge of a breakout. His 16-17 season was very similar to what Arvidsson did in 15-16. While I don't think for a minute that Aberg is going to score 30 goals next season, if he gets consistent playing time in a scoring role (as in that 2nd line RW spot that the Preds have a big question mark on right now) I can definitely see 20 in this coming season and certainly more in the next. Obviously Poile think's along those lines by guaranteeing the $650k, meaning he believes Aberg will be a full-time Predator next season. 

Preds made some good moves this offseason and resigned some key pieces.

Emelin will be a great 5th or 6th Dman for depth and can move up when needed.

Man it is hard to get to the top of the mountain yet they finally did it....they didn't come away with the prize sure but they gained valuable experience. It can come in handy next year.

However it is really hard to get back there in back to back years especially in the tough division they play in.

10 forwards 25 or younger pretty impressive.

I guess Arvidsson and Johansen are next to work out deals.

With some lucky health wise they make another good run.

A wild card for them this season is if they can get Victor Ejdsell into the lineup by the spring.

Guy brings a huge 6-5 216 pound frame with some solid hands on the wing.

Will he??????

I guess you know more by January.

I would bet against Ejdsell playing in the NHL this season other than maybe a spot call-up once or twice. It seems like Fisher will come back and if he does that gives the Predators the following center depth...

Ryan Johansen

Mike Fisher

Nick Bonino

Calle Jarnkrok (can play wing)

Colton Sissons

---------------------

Frederick Gaudreau (can play wing)

Vladislav Kamenev

Victor Ejdsell

So even without Fisher, and even if Jarnkrok and Gaudreau move over to wing, Ejdsell is still 5th on the depth chart and will be spending a large portion of this season adjusting to the NA ice and style. But i'm certainly excited to see what he can bring in the future, it seemed like Kamenev was a certainty to become the 2C in Nashville in the next year or two, but with the way Sissons performed in the playoffs and then the signing of Ejdsell, Kamenev may be looking at 3C as his ceiling at the NHL level here. So he either learns to play wing, or he's used as a trade chip. I'd assume the latter.

1 minute ago, Honest Bender said:

I would bet against Ejdsell playing in the NHL this season other than maybe a spot call-up once or twice.

Why dude is 22 and at 6-5 would have no problem playing in the NHL once he is comfortable with the smaller rink.

Have you ever seen him play??

Man i can't imagine him coming screaming down the wing with the puck on his stick and then rips it!!!

Preds really need some size in the lineup for real.

23 minutes ago, Honest Bender said:

Ejdsell reportedly underwhelmed due to his skating at Preds development camp. 

Eeli Tolvanen had slightly better skating than anticipated, but he signed in the KHL which probably isn't great for his development

HHhhhhhmmmm well he can work on that and with his size (and quick accurate release) you can live with some skating issues.

Image result for trump my fault gif

Just look at Flyer whipping boy Sean Couturier whom is going on his 7th year and can't skate!!!!!!!!

He can play in the AHL to work on those skills.

Archived