Where does the Flyers' farm system rank?

brelic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Who has a better one??

I'm biased but the Jets are close. Comrie in goal. Guys like Lemieux on the farm. They got Vesslainen at #24 in June and he was ranked 5-6 by some, top 10 by many. D prospects are a bit weaker, but 6'8" Logan Stanley will be a monster if he makes it in the show.

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

I'm biased but the Jets are close. Comrie in goal. Guys like Lemieux on the farm. They got Vesslainen at #24 in June and he was ranked 5-6 by some, top 10 by many. D prospects are a bit weaker, but 6'8" Logan Stanley will be a monster if he makes it in the show.

I'm sorry.  I disagree.  Nothing good ever came out of Manitoba.  :VeryCool:

Nice to see Hextall getting more and more accolades....he's building it right, depth at every single position and he's not trying to rush it. Eventually the Flyers will be a good team and there will still be years of prospects in the pipeline, which can help restock the vets who want big bucks... who can then be traded for more picks/prospects, or those prospects can be dealt for that missing piece on a cup run.

The fact that the guy doesn't even mention names like Sandstrom, Lyon, Friedmann, Hogberg, Bunnamen, Vorobyev etc shows the immense amount of talent Hextall has accumulated over a pretty short period of time.

I'm skeptical.  Happy to see the Flyers at #1 but they have the Avalanche at #18.  No freakin way are the Aves that high.  They had the worst team in the NHL and close to the worst team in the AHL.  Other than drafting Cale Makar, they haven't done squat this off season.  I'd need to see another website's (or two) rankings before I'm convinced these are anywhere near accurate.

25 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I'm skeptical.  Happy to see the Flyers at #1 but they have the Avalanche at #18.  No freakin way are the Aves that high.  They had the worst team in the NHL and close to the worst team in the AHL.  Other than drafting Cale Makar, they haven't done squat this off season.  I'd need to see another website's (or two) rankings before I'm convinced these are anywhere near accurate.

And honestly, quite the superficial write up. Nothing very deep or particularly insightful. I feel like many posters here could have written this (or better). 

Still, any "neutral" site ranking the Flyers number one at something is kind of cool. 

The whole exercise is pretty inaccurate, no matter who's doing it. And it's impossible to measure. Only in retrospect, and even then there are so many variables. 

But, hey, we're first at something! :)

44 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Still, any "neutral" site ranking the Flyers number one at something is kind of cool. 

It actually is if you told me the Flyers would be ranked that high 10-15 years i'd have laughed in your face....

...and now look here they are yet that is only a piece of the mission...still a steep hill to climb.

Nice to see the accolades.  The consensus is out there that the Flyers have assembled at least a top 5 prospect pool and maybe the best across the board.

No idea what the author's credentials are, though.  Several things in the write-up left me scratching my head: Sanheim an "intimidating tower of power"; no real mention of Myers as a top defensive prospect or Hagg as most likely to join the team this year; Taylor Leier touted as being sensational; etc.  

12 hours ago, brelic said:

The whole exercise is pretty inaccurate, no matter who's doing it. And it's impossible to measure. Only in retrospect, and even then there are so many variables. 

But, hey, we're first at something! :)

They already had "the #1 ranked anthemnist in the NHL" :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Rene Rancourt. Do yourself a favor and don't watch any video of him doing the anthem.

pretty sure he actually believes 20,000 people paid admission to see him....not the game.

58 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

@OccamsRazor

You did it, didn't you?  That was like a challenge and you couldn't resist and took him up on it, right?

No o didn't because i think i know who he is talking about.

The guy IIRC wears a tux when he does it....seems like an arrogant prick.

On 7/19/2017 at 5:18 PM, flyercanuck said:

The fact that the guy doesn't even mention names like Sandstrom, Lyon, Friedmann, Hogberg, Bunnamen, Vorobyev etc shows the immense amount of talent Hextall has accumulated over a pretty short period of time.

The fact Stolarz gets talked about before Sandstrom and Lyon seems kinda silly. Anthony might have pro experience, but those two are highly thought of for a reason. I would have included Bunnamen in that list, leaving him out is outrageous. The kid is legit. 

6 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

The fact Stolarz gets talked about before Sandstrom and Lyon seems kinda silly. Anthony might have pro experience, but those two are highly thought of for a reason. I would have included Bunnamen in that list, leaving him out is outrageous. The kid is legit. 

Someone either Stolie or Lyon is going to have to schitt this year or get off the pot.

Hart and Sandstrom will be battling it out next year for the starter role in LV.

So Stolie and Lyon need to play well this year so the Flyers can pencil one of them into the backup spot for 2018-19 on the big club.

I think Elliot or Neuvy depending on which plays better will start in 2018-19 and will be backed up by the winner of Stolie and Lyon the loser shipped out or let walk.

Archived