Where does the Flyers' farm system rank?

brelic

9 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I thought Hart had one bad game at the WJHCs. He lost in the shootout of the Gold Medal game because Canada didn't score ONE goal.

That one bad game was the first one.  Hart led the team on the ice. Before taking the first step on the ice he paused and took a deep breath, as if to collect and focus himself. I think he was feeling the pressure and it was evident in his game throughout the tournament. 

He has little left to prove in the WHL. That is why I willbe keying in on him at the  WJ'rs. I want to see if he has learned how to cope with that pressure.  We all know of his skill set but this WJHC will test his mental resolve in direct relation of a negative past experience. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

"The mental part of his game is really strong." 

For me, that's the key. Seeing a sports psychologist since he was a teen.

In fact, I like him so much and am so confident in my appraisal of talent, that I predict he will score 60 goals in the NHL someday.

5 hours ago, Podein25 said:

In fact, I like him so much and am so confident in my appraisal of talent, that I predict he will score 60 goals in the NHL someday.

Post of the fricken year, my friend.  LMAO

@jammer2

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Post of the fricken year, my friend.  LMAO

@jammer2

You are too kind.

I haven't posted for a while so I guess all the funny is all stored up, waiting to explode as it were...

at jammer's expense.

7 hours ago, Podein25 said:

You are too kind.

I haven't posted for a while so I guess all the funny is all stored up, waiting to explode as it were...

at jammer's expense.

I thought you went the way of JackStraw.  Whatever happened to that guy?

2 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I thought you went the way of JackStraw.

Which way....Amway?

2 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Whatever happened to that guy?

Not sure why he stopped posting...see him the odd time on HFboards. 

3 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I know, right?

Was it something someone said? I can't imagine.

Sounds like he's still with us based on FC's post above...so that's good news.

3 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

wondered about that from time to time myself... always really liked his input and was a fellow deadhead 80)

On 8/3/2017 at 6:43 AM, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

So i emailed him and he said he doesn't go on hockey forums much anymore...said to say hi to everyone, and that he might resurface when Philly wins the cup!

The Straw Man and I go WAY back, sad to see him go. We were on the Eagles board slugging it out with the countless trolls on philly.com. 

I believe his handle was "Birds fan in DC" first, then he switched over. 

OK....in my constant attempt to promote the CHL as the great "giver of talent....lol".....I have taken the top 5 on the list in this thread and cross referenced them to the Hocky News Draft Preview....the results for 2017 will obviously not be in here, but you get a real read on which teams prefer to take from which leagues AND how successful they are at it....

1)Philadelpia....46.2% of draft picks come from the CHL.

2)Tampa Bay....50.3% of draft picks from the CHL

3)Carolina....56.2% from the CHL

4)Winnipeg....45.0% from the CHL

5)Arizona....46.2% from the CHL

The bottom 5 as listed by the article in this thread....

31)San Jose...37.1% from the CHL

30)Pittsburgh....40% from the CHL.

29)Chicago....30.8% fron the CHL...

28)Montreal...48.4% from the CHL

27)Ottawa....32.8% from the CHL

Philly and Tampa relied heavily on the CHL for their 2017 picks, so their stats will only go up, proving that Hexy and Stevie Y, former CHL stars in their own right, know indeed, where their bread is buttered. 

Of course, this is very unscientific, the stats do not take into account the "current regime" running the show in those cities, but in general, it shows that teams that take CHL players, are rewarded and teams that have a distinct pattern of dipping into the CHL tend to have good prospect pools, better than teams that tend to ignore the CHL. 

5 hours ago, jammer2 said:

OK....in my constant attempt to promote the CHL as the great "giver of talent....lol".....I have taken the top 5 on the list in this thread and cross referenced them to the Hocky News Draft Preview....the results for 2017 will obviously not be in here, but you get a real read on which teams prefer to take from which leagues AND how successful they are at it....

Philly and Tampa relied heavily on the CHL for their 2017 picks, so their stats will only go up, proving that Hexy and Stevie Y, former CHL stars in their own right, know indeed, where their bread is buttered. 

Of course, this is very unscientific, the stats do not take into account the "current regime" running the show in those cities, but in general, it shows that teams that take CHL players, are rewarded and teams that have a distinct pattern of dipping into the CHL tend to have good prospect pools, better than teams that tend to ignore the CHL. 

87% of all stats are made up.  :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

13 hours ago, jammer2 said:

So the last three Cup winners, and one of the other finalists have the fewest CHL players. On the flip side, none of the top five made the playoffs this year. Duly noted. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

So the last three Cup winners, and one of the other finalists have the fewest CHL players. On the flip side, none of the top five made the playoffs this year. Duly noted. :ph34r:

Yes, a lesson to be learned there....winning cups gets in the way of building a solid core of prospects.....

Archived