Caption time! - photos of Andrew MacDonald being Andrew MacDonald

pilldoc

11 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Wow, that Provo kid sure likes doing his job properly. Maybe I'll just watch him for a bit.

13 hours ago, pilldoc said:

@AlaskaFlyerFan

Dang it..I knew I should have locked the back door ....

On 7/20/2017 at 8:27 PM, pilldoc said:

Wow!!  I can't believe Homer was stupid enough to pay me to do this, somebody pinch me!

On 2017-07-20 at 9:27 PM, pilldoc said:

Honestly, the best thing you could do for me right now is just get out of the way. - Couts

On 7/20/2017 at 8:27 PM, pilldoc said:

Down in front!!!  Come on guys you are blocking my view of this Islanders goal.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:27 PM, pilldoc said:

Look guys! I'm getting paid to lay down on the job! :VeryCool:

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hope we see Ron do this press conference this year...

I would also love to see this. I'm somehow doubtful though. Not only did McDud play a full season last year, Haks had him playing with the only truly stud dman we've got on the roster. He also spent media time defending the considerable use of McDud as a top four dman in the league, which is bonkers to anyone paying attention.

It really feels as though McDud is in a similar position to VDV. Somehow, he can do no wrong in the coach's eyes. This is baffling to me, but it is what it is. Whether Hexy agrees with him is another point to consider, and of course, Hex makes this particular decision, so who knows? Still, I have a sinking suspicious we're going to endure another year of McDud.

Here's a legit question though: Having McDud as a partner last year meant Provo had to cover for plenty of mess ups every game. Does a situation like that actually make a guy like Provo better? It often felt as though Provo was playing with a man down on the back end. While I'm not advocating for this as a teaching method overall, I somehow wonder if having to play for two could prove to be a learning experience for guy as solid as Provo.

1 minute ago, elmatus said:

I'm somehow doubtful though.

Yeah and they have over 5mill in cap space so the don't have to do this.

However i do not want to see him in the lineup over giving a kid a chance to play.

Scratch and unless absolutely they have to play him.

But the good thing is if they need the cap space he will waive him if they have to...i'd rather Manning get ice time over Mcdud.

I think i would try and trade him next offseason and paying 2mill of his cap space instead of buying him out next year.

If you buy him out:

SEASON SALARY INITIAL CAP HIT ACTUAL COST SAVINGS BUYOUT CAP HIT
2018-19        

$1,375,000

2019-20         $1,125,000
2020-21         $1,875,000
2021-22         $1,875,000

14 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think i would try and trade him next offseason and paying 2mill of his cap space instead of buying him out next year.

If you buy him out:

2018-19        

$1,375,000

Is max salary we can keep 50%? If so, I would say he's untradeable and will likely need to be bought out.

I'm completely in with your anyone but him mentality; unfortunately, Hakstol seems to see things differently for some reason. Hopefully he changes his tune in 2017-18. If enough of the kids prove impressive at camp, Hexy may not give him a choice (à la Gostisbehere).

19 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

If you buy him out:

2018-19        

$1,375,000

that is still ugly .... :(  that contract is the very definition of an albatross .....

4 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

that is still ugly .... :(  that contract is the very definition of an albatross .....

Yes it is why i say eat 2 mill of his salary for the last two years and be done with it. Mcdud for 3.5 mill per year isn't that bad i think.

Archived