Mike Fisher Announces Retirement

I'm a little shocked actually, it really seemed like he was going to come back again. He put up okay numbers last season and still skates and defends well. Money wasn't an issue since the Preds have about $5M to play with still. I guess spending more time with Carrie isn't a bad alternative to bumping against sweaty dudes for 8-9 months though! I assume he'll take a position within the organization in short time.

Anyhow, for a guy who was brought in as a deadline addition several years ago to help with a playoff run, he sure cemented himself as so much more in Nashville. Not just as a good player on the ice, but team captain, face of the franchise around town and a valuable member of the Middle Tennessee community. He will be missed for sure!

I surely think he will be missed, but I also don't think he will be that far away as I'm thinking Poile will have a position for him with the Predators. 

Although it may come at a surprise I think the concussion he had during the playoffs is the main reason he decided to hang them up especially while he has everything else great in his life.

Warrior, solid middle six center when Johansen went down Fisher who was beat to Hell couldnt play the role of a 1C and the team fell to Pittsburgh, I know a few Pred fans who blame him for the failure in the finals but to me that is silly. Bonino is a perfect replacement, basically the same player but younger.

Archived