2017-18 HF.net Fantasy Hockey League Sign Up

pilldoc

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ladyneat said:

Hey I am in

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

Excellent.  Pilldoc will be sending you an invite.

Lady, I received your email the other day.... I am currently on vacation, so please dont worry if you don't see the invite right away....

Also, just so I have access to the league as League Manager, we have 11 GM's, you will make #12.  I will share my team with you, but you will have 100% control. You will draft and make all decisions...

Consider me as the silent partner. Hopefully this is ok with you....

Like I said... I just need access to the league.....

On 8/13/2017 at 10:54 PM, hf101 said:

Yep, that will work.  Just have them join this site and state they wish to play.

Now that I am in, I have chosen about 10-15 players and moved them to preferred player column on the right column? I think this is the only way to edit the pre rankings?  I hope  I do not want McDavid.  If I can trade up I will give up my first and fourth round pick for the top.  And guarantee it will not be McDavid or Ovy.

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Now that I am in, I have chosen about 10-15 players and moved them to preferred player column on the right column? I think this is the only way to edit the pre rankings?  I hope  I do not want McDavid.  If I can trade up I will give up my first and fourth round pick for the top.  And guarantee it will not be McDavid or Ovy.

Granted pre-ranking players is useful prior to the yahoo drafts, but the best way to pick the players you want is to be present for the LIVE draft.  This time and date is stated on your HF.net League.  The Yahoo private draft room opens generally 30 min prior to the scheduled draft time.  When you enter you will see the draft order.  When it is your turn you will have 90 seconds to make your selection for each round of the draft.  If you do not select by the time limit then your turn is auto drafted with the first available pick on your list. 

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

Granted pre-ranking players is useful prior to the yahoo drafts, but the best way to pick the players you want is to be present for the LIVE draft.  This time and date is stated on your HF.net League.  The Yahoo private draft room opens generally 30 min prior to the scheduled draft time.  When you enter you will see the draft order.  When it is your turn you will have 90 seconds to make your selection for each round of the draft.  If you do not select by the time limit then your turn is auto drafted with the first available pick on your list. 

So do you know if there is actually a button that says select this player? I do not want to be trapped trying to select my guy and it does not work?

26 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So do you know if there is actually a button that says select this player? I do not want to be trapped trying to select my guy and it does not work?

Basically yes.  You will highlight your desired selection then click "Select Player"

Throughout the entire draft you will need to keep adding players to your desired list because other managers may be choosing those selections ahead of your next turn.

6 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Basically yes.  You will highlight your desired selection then click "Select Player"

Throughout the entire draft you will need to keep adding players to your desired list because other managers may be choosing those selections ahead of your next turn.

Thanks.  I may go  add to my list soon.  

I basically throw darts at the screen and select whoever sounds good at the time. Tell me I don't have to actually make a list, and can select directly from the list of remaining players...

8 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I basically throw darts at the screen and select whoever sounds good at the time. Tell me I don't have to actually make a list, and can select directly from the list of remaining players...

Yep.  I've been known to use that same approach, although it does make sense to take some time to pre-select some players too.

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

Yep.  I've been known to use that same approach, although it does make sense to take some time to pre-select some players too.

Yes, @AJgoal, don't forget to put Andrew MacDonald at the top of your list.  You wouldn't want to miss out.

12 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Lady, I received your email the other day.... I am currently on vacation, so please dont worry if you don't see the invite right away....

Also, just so I have access to the league as League Manager, we have 11 GM's, you will make #12.  I will share my team with you, but you will have 100% control. You will draft and make all decisions...

Consider me as the silent partner. Hopefully this is ok with you....

Like I said... I just need access to the league.....

It's all good with me. Thank you for having me back.

I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed responding. Work, school and in a wedding this weekend has me a bit on overload.

On 9/13/2017 at 10:03 PM, Ladyneat said:

It's all good with me. Thank you for having me back.

I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed responding. Work, school and in a wedding this weekend has me a bit on overload.

Lady,

I have not forgotten you.  I am still waiting for 2 more GM's to confirm their teams before I send you the invite.  If they don't respond then I will be forced to field another team and you will have your own team instead of being a co-GM with me.  Please just be patient a bit longer. I promise I won't forget about you.

~Doc

• pilldoc unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived