Ek rumor (e3) Sanheim and 3rd for Pacioretty

jammer2

Just for giggles (yeah I know...click bait)  here is the update from Eklund.....

Flyers/Habs Update...

Talking to a source very close and the talks are still ongoing, however the Habs keep wanting to move Galchenyuk and the Flyers want Pacioretty. The Flyers won't give Sanheim for Galchenyuk and that is the the chief target for the Habs. (of course not ...Hexy is not parting with his young defensemen)

Back with more later... (which means it is time for Eklund's bottle and then nap time after mommy reads him a story on how to make up hockey rumors)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would do a Galchenyuk for Voracek trade if they want...but i am not moving Sanheim for either.

Patches is a good piece back he will be look for a new deal sometime next year so his 4.5mill price ain't helping much....

..a fantasy trade if there ever was one.

3 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I know Sanheim has upside and potential, but I am shocked so many people would not do this trade.(Assuming it was straight up)

He may never reach his upside and potential at NHL level.

Either way, Montreal would not do this trade without significant adds on the flyers side

It really makes no sense for either team in terms of the development paths right now. I'm sure the Flyers would love to add Pacioretty, but I doubt they do it unless Montreal takes a salary back, even if it's just a guy like Lehtera or MacDonald. I also agree that the Habs would want a more established guy.

If you visit Bill Meltzer's blog on Hockeybuzz, he flat out calls it nonsense. Meltzer is one of the best Flyers writers in the bizz, too.

1 minute ago, scoopyten said:

I also agree that the Habs would want a more established guy.

Completely agree considering where they are in their competition arc, Sanheim even with the Flyers needs some more AHL time to work on his skillset this is not a knock on Travis he is only 21 and has only 80 AHL games under his belt.

Montreal needs someone who is closer to being ready. It is why i think they could push hard for Will Butcher for their blueline.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Completely agree considering where they are in their competition arc, Sanheim even with the Flyers needs some more AHL time to work on his skillset this is not a knock on Travis he is only 21 and has only 80 AHL games under his belt.

Montreal needs someone who is closer to being ready. It is why i think they could push hard for Will Butcher for their blueline.

Yeah, Butcher would be an ideal target for them.

The whole thing goes back to an earlier post-if Montreal did trade Pacioretty for Sanheim, they basically do the reverse of the Sergachev-Drouin swap. It doesn't fill a hole and they still lost Markov.

1 minute ago, scoopyten said:

Yeah, Butcher would be an ideal target for them.

Not saying Butch is ready for the NHL right now but all you would have to do is out bid other teams for his service right now and ease him into the lineup with sheltered minutes and by January he will be much more ready for a bigger role.

He is fresh off captaining his team to the national title and winning the Hobey Baker award so it think he can handle it and he will be 23 by mid season.

3 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I know Sanheim has upside and potential, but I am shocked so many people would not do this trade.(Assuming it was straight up)

Either way, Montreal would not do this trade without significant adds on the flyers side

Neither team would do this trade, it makes zero sense from both points of view.  Habs need his scoring and aren't going to trade their top scoring threat for a prospect when Price (30) and Weber (32) are there. Their window will close before Sanheim hits his prime.  Any team in win now mode would trade a prospect and a 3rd for a 30-40 goal scorer without a blink of an eye.  We are not in a win now mode so it doesn't make sense for the Flyers either.  

We just traded Brayden Schenn a 50 point guy ,for basically future considerations under the assumption that Patrick and some of the other young guys are gonna make up for Schenns offense. So why in gods name would we trade a stud dman for a 29 yr old soon to be UFA? If we felt we really needed more offense , we would have just kept Schenn. If we were talking about trading Sanheim for a 21 year old offensive dynamo, then maybe it makes sense. And before  we go around saying Sanheim is expendable because we have Myers, let's make sure Myers is not Lindros/Bourdon with constant concussion problems. He's already had several bad ones at a young age. Let's make sure Myers can get through a half season without a concussion.

6 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I know what my fellow Flyer fans mean, but you are right, the team that would probably not do this deal is the Habs.  It's to much-guaranteed production for an unknown return. I didn't know he was that old, so he would probably not fit into Hexy's long term plan. We need guys who will be peaking when the dmen all get here an are accustomed to the NHL. He's a few years to old, and would become a UFA when the Flyers will need space to sign some kids. 

14 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

I know what my fellow Flyer fans mean, but you are right, the team that would probably not do this deal is the Habs.  It's to much-guaranteed production for an unknown return. I didn't know he was that old, so he would probably not fit into Hexy's long term plan. We need guys who will be peaking when the dmen all get here an are accustomed to the NHL. He's a few years to old, and would become a UFA when the Flyers will need space to sign some kids. 

So let's start our own rumor.  Nikolaj Ehlers for Sanheim and a 3rd.  e4

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

So let's start our own rumor.  Nikolaj Ehlers for Sanheim and a 3rd.  e4

Yes and now i can use you as my source...

....of course i'll say i can't disclose that info...

...now we have the makings of our own NHL rumor website!!!!

15 hours ago, scoopyten said:

It really makes no sense for either team in terms of the development paths right now.

True, but have you been watching Bergevin this offseason? It's totally believable from the Habs' point of view at this stage.

I just find it funny that he has the Flyers pushing for Pacioretty when Galchenyuk is the guy who would make more sense for the Flyers given where they are and is a guy that has been rumored to be on the block all off-season.

19 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Because Pacioretty is a right now piece and the Flyers don't need one of those. If you trade a guy with (a ton of) potential like Sanheim, from the Flyers perspective it has to be for a younger guy who they're going to have a lot of quality years from. Pacioretty isn't that. And I like Pacioretty quite a bit.

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

Because Pacioretty is a right now piece and the Flyers don't need one of those. If you trade a guy with (a ton of) potential like Sanheim, from the Flyers perspective it has to be for a younger guy who they're going to have a lot of quality years from. Pacioretty isn't that. And I like Pacioretty quite a bit.

exactly!

2 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Technically speaking, the team really does need help on offense, especially when you consider the recently traded one of their more productive players.

And when did 28 become old? This fear of anyone over 23 has become a little irrational.

22 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Just for giggles (yeah I know...click bait)  here is the update from Eklund.....

Flyers/Habs Update...

Talking to a source very close and the talks are still ongoing, however the Habs keep wanting to move Galchenyuk and the Flyers want Pacioretty. The Flyers won't give Sanheim for Galchenyuk and that is the the chief target for the Habs. (of course not ...Hexy is not parting with his young defensemen)

Back with more later... (which means it is time for Eklund's bottle and then nap time after mommy reads him a story on how to make up hockey rumors)

This also seems backwards to me.  Why on earth would Montreal be itching to move their 23 year old who plays everywhere and put up 44 points in 60 games and is under contract (albeit, not on a ridiculously good deal but not on a terrible deal) for 3 more years over their 28 year old Captain who is in his prime?

Likewise, why would Hextall want another "in his prime" guy when the team is still a couple of years away from needing "that guy"?

All of which still ignores the fact that the Flyers can't fit either guy under their cap unless someone who makes at least as much as Lehtera or MacDonald is involved.  

I don't believe this is going anywhere if it's anything to begin with at all. 

I believe if it was Sanheim and Lehtera for Maxy Pack, I would consider it, but this is the kind of deal that can kill you as a GM if Sanheim turns out to be pretty good.  

The biggest thing that makes it remotely considerable is the fact that apparently Philadelphia Myers is looking possible more "ready" than Sanheim without even having played in the AHL yet.  

I just don't know though.  In two years when Maxy Pack's contract is up, they'll also have to address the Simmonds renewal.  They'll have Filppula, Lehtera, Read,  Raffl and Elliot all off the books by then, and All of the kids would presumably be on Bridge Deals, so I'm not worried about the cap space necessarily.  It also makes resigning Simmonds less urgent if he's going to get 6 million dollar offers (which by the way, I encourage him to take if he gets them, but I do not encourage Hextall to match under any circumstances).  

Adding a forward like Max this year though only complicates things at FWD, but does so in a good way.  It almost takes making the fourth line a pure "energy/checking" line out of Hakstol's hands completely.  

1 hour ago, murraycraven said:

exactly!

The only reason I even consider this at all is if they're just not as high on Sanheim.

I think it's a little early to be trading any of these kids, especially Sanheim... but in a strange way, he may be the most expendable of the kids on D.

What I'd ultimately like to see is

Provo Morin

Ghost Gudas

Sanheim Hagg

If Myers turns out to be better than Sanheim, as many are saying he looks already, what do you do with him?  Who sits?

The best I could suggest is trading Gudas and letting Sanheim or Ghost play with Provo, but pairings wise, I'm not in love with that.  Talent wise it could be amazing, but those skill sets don't naturally complement each other.  I dont' worry AS much about losing Radko's physicality just because the league apparently doesn't let him hit at all without getting suspended any more and because in a year or two, I expect Morin and Hagg to be able to fill the less violent space making roles.  

Ultimately, however, one of Sanheim, Ghost and Myers are going to be expendable and my guess is you're going to be able to get a pretty decent ransom for any one of them.  At 23, I can see why Hextall would want it to be Galchenyuk, but then again, at 23 and 4.5 mill, Galchenyuk is a little unproven.  Even so, I don't really quite get why he'd be pushing for Pack now although it would be a big boon immediately. 

24 minutes ago, King Knut said:

This also seems backwards to me.  Why on earth would Montreal be itching to move their 23 year old who plays everywhere and put up 44 points in 60 games and is under contract (albeit, not on a ridiculously good deal but not on a terrible deal) for 3 more years over their 28 year old Captain who is in his prime?

The rumors have been swirling around Galchenyuk all offseason. However, I think it's more of a "willing to deal," than "want to deal," where this is concerned. The Habs lack a center, and center is a more valuable position than wing. So in order to get a top line center, Galchenyuk is the best piece they have to offer now that they traded Sergachev. I'm not sure Bergevin is proceeding with any kind of plan right now.

1 minute ago, AJgoal said:

The rumors have been swirling around Galchenyuk all offseason. However, I think it's more of a "willing to deal," than "want to deal," where this is concerned. The Habs lack a center, and center is a more valuable position than wing. So in order to get a top line center, Galchenyuk is the best piece they have to offer now that they traded Sergachev. I'm not sure Bergevin is proceeding with any kind of plan right now.

That makes a lot of sense for them.  Can we show them something in a size Lehtera or Filppula I wonder?

2 hours ago, fanaticV3.0 said:

Technically speaking, the team really does need help on offense, especially when you consider the recently traded one of their more productive players.

And when did 28 become old? This fear of anyone over 23 has become a little irrational.

About the time Giroux turned 28 and started sucking I think.

And I think the fear about him being 28 has only a small part to do with that.  It's more that he'll be 30 by the time most of us start expecting serious playoff competition from this team... AND looking for a new contract. 

Archived