Ek rumor (e3) Sanheim and 3rd for Pacioretty

jammer2

On 8/18/2017 at 3:23 AM, flyercanuck said:

What's this I hear you hate Phillipe Myers and his entire family and former Flyer goalie Phil Myre just cause their names are similar?  

Unforegivable!!   I stand in unity with all derivites of the Myers name!!

EDIT....derivatives even....LOL!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/18/2017 at 10:24 AM, King Knut said:

I've been thinking more and more about Poile and how badly Homer screwed him over in 2012 and how amazingly he turned it all around... not insignificantly by taking the Coach Homer casually tossed aside and demonstrating that Laviolette is a pretty damn good NHL coach... whereas Craig Berube...   Good lord what the hell was Homer doing?

It also helps that Bergevin is a moron.

On 8/19/2017 at 4:33 PM, AJgoal said:

It also helps that Bergevin is a moron.

He's a moron with Carey Price, so they win games as long as Price is healthy, but they'll never excel.  Just goes to show what an elite next level goaltender can buy you... and cost you. 

When I look at the teams with the "best" goalies, I see a similar trend.   I think the Rangers and Predators are far better (and better coached) teams than the Canadiens, and they do better without their superstar goalies, but they're still not remotely competitive.

Which makes me wonder about the Flyers.  Even without all their turmoil... if Homer had just committed to keeping Bob and figuring stuff out to give his team the best chance instead of Doubling down on a goalie he already knew no one liked and who clearly was having severe problems adjusting to the city and the high profile market... a goalie who wouldn't make it more than another year before needing to be bought out...  (sigh) are the cup winners?  nah.  Are they a boat load better these past 5 years?  Hell yeah.   It makes me very sad.  

33 minutes ago, King Knut said:

He's a moron with Carey Price, so they win games as long as Price is healthy, but they'll never excel.  Just goes to show what an elite next level goaltender can buy you... and cost you. 

When I look at the teams with the "best" goalies, I see a similar trend.   I think the Rangers and Predators are far better (and better coached) teams than the Canadiens, and they do better without their superstar goalies, but they're still not remotely competitive.

Which makes me wonder about the Flyers.  Even without all their turmoil... if Homer had just committed to keeping Bob and figuring stuff out to give his team the best chance instead of Doubling down on a goalie he already knew no one liked and who clearly was having severe problems adjusting to the city and the high profile market... a goalie who wouldn't make it more than another year before needing to be bought out...  (sigh) are the cup winners?  nah.  Are they a boat load better these past 5 years?  Hell yeah.   It makes me very sad.  

Well from everything i was reading Snider forced Homer's with Bryz and then he and Bob didn't exactly get along either.

Sure it doesn't condone what happened but shed some light on the f**ked up situation...

...water under the bridge.

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well from everything i was reading Snider forced Homer's with Bryz and then he and Bob didn't exactly get along either.

Sure it doesn't condone what happened but shed some light on the f**ked up situation...

...water under the bridge.

It may be water under the bridge, but the team's feet are still wet.

Archived