HF.net Fantasy Hockey League - Major Changes to format (please read)

pilldoc

Please be advised to all members who will be participating in (or are considering participating) that effective this year, there are several IMPORTANT NEW CHANGES that have been implemented.   Therefore it is imperative that you read the following information.

To summarize the important NEW CHANGES for the 2017-18 Fantasy Hockey Season:

1. We will be moving the FHL platform from ESPN to YAHOO.
  2. Line-up changes will be changed from setting your line-up on a weekly basis to a DAILY BASIS.  However,  you would still have the option of setting your line-up once a week.
  3. We will move away from a points based scoring system to a SCORING CATEGORY based system.
  4. The draft will consist of 20 rounds with a starting line-up of 16 players.  The positions will be as follows: 3C / 3 LW / 3RW / 5D / 2G / 4 BN
  5. There will be 2 slots for IR+. IR+ means if a player is day to day you can put them on the IR and add a FA to your roster.
  6. Scoring Categories for skaters is as follows: G, A, PPG, PPA, SHP, PIM, +/-, GWG, FOW, SOG, BS, Hits
  7. Scoring Categories for goalies is as follows:  Wins, Losses, Saves, Sv%, GAA, Shut Outs

Full description of the HF.net Fantasy Hockey League(s) may be found here:

https://www.hockeyforums.net/fantasy/hf.net-fhl/=1

Please be advised that some minor changes may still occur.

DRAFT DATE & TIME: TBD

These changes were taken very seriously among a few GM's and members of HF.net and were discussed at length based on the feedback that I have received from those Monkey Surveys I have sent out the past two years.  We are hoping that with these positive changes, it promotes more interaction and potential trading with other members/GM's.

thank you,

@hf101 (Site Manager)

@pilldoc (Manager / HF.net Fantasy Hockey League Manager)

15 minutes ago, Trefilov22 said:

Seems pretty straightforward to me, although I have yet to use Yahoo for hockey... I have used them for Football and it worked quite well.

We used ESPN last year and it was points based. (ie, G = 3 pts / A = 1 pt / SOG - 0.2 pts / etc....)   This will be very different for some.  I'm excited for the new format.  Several of us worked really hard to make it a better league.  Enjoy!

7 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

We used ESPN last year and it was points based. (ie, G = 3 pts / A = 1 pt / SOG - 0.2 pts / etc....)   This will be very different for some.  I'm excited for the new format.  Several of us worked really hard to make it a better league.  Enjoy!

Yeah, this format is quite tempting. 

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

There's something... familiar about it...

:DancingGrape:

you are quite observant my friend ... ;)

Yes ...it is very similar to NAHANA ....(obviously not a keeper / slightly different scoring categories / slightly larger roster)

3 hours ago, radoran said:

There's something... familiar about it...

:DancingGrape:

Actually,  it is more like the soon to be ended Philly.com League.

If you'd like to have a team in the HF.net League just let us know.  :yes:

• pilldoc unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived