NHL Viewing Questions

itoyajin

Hello. Nice to meet you.
I am an ice hockey fan in South Korea.
Where is South Korea? There may be someone asking.
I know. South Korea is not famous for ice hockey.
However, there are also Asian leagues in South Korea (South Korea, Japan, Russia) and some people enjoy ice hockey.
I learned ice hockey two years ago and since then I started to like ice hockey.

I believed I could see the NHL players in 2018 because the Olympics will be held in PyeongChang, and I also booked tickets.
However, the NHL did not allow the Olympic Games.
I was very disappointed.

Maybe it's a dream.
So I worked hard to see the NHL myself.
So it might be a small amount, but I collected the money.

I am going to New York for a week in December.
I am still preparing my ticket, hotel, NHL ticket, and I would like to ask a question.
There may be many questions.
Can you help me if you are not busy?

My plan is
December 19 NYI: DET
December 21 NYI: ANA
December 23 NJD: CHI
I'm going to watch the game.

Question.
1. Is it ok to book a match at stubhub? Is it trustworthy?
2. How many hours can I enter the stadium?
3. Can you see the athletes practicing? Is there a way to get an autograph? Let me know if you have any tips.
4. Can you recommend a place to go if you are a hockey fan on a day without a match? Hockey shops are also good. (If you can go to public transportation.)
5. Do you have a hockey stadium tour? ex) Baseball Stadium Tour.

You have no obligation to answer this question.
However, if you know anything, I would be very grateful if you could let me know.

I could not speak English, so I got help from google translation.

I am really sorry if these posts are different from the forum topic.

Hello @itoyajin ,

Welcome to the site.  I don't have many answers for you as I have never attended a game in NY or New Jersey.  One question I can answer though is that there is a pre-game warm up generally around a half an hour before game time where you can watch the players practice.  Arenas probably open 2 hours before game time, although I've never gotten to one much earlier than an hour before gametime. Look on the various team websites for any team contact or tour info.  Stubhub is trust worthy to the best of my knowledge or buy tickets directly from the NHL.com team sites.

As far as the Olympics goes you still will see talented hockey at the Olympics even though the NHL players aren't there.  

StubHub is fine usually. NJ Stadium is pretty nice—go early and eat at Dinosaur BBQ right next door. The stadium is also pretty easy to get to with public transportation. You will take the PATH train to NJ from NYC and will have to transfer once you're in NJ. Easy enough to follow the hockey jerseys to the stadium and it's a relatively safe part of town. 

NYI play in Brooklyn. Not the greatest stadium for watching hockey. Be careful when buying tickets that you don't get "RESTRICTED VIEWING" seats. If you can preview the view of the ice on StubHub definitely do that. Excellent food in the stadium though. Lots of places to eat and drink around Barclays Center. I just moved from the neighborhood (/cry a little) where I used to able to walk 10 minutes to watch the Flyers play the Islanders. Safe neighborhood and the subway station is right outside the stadium. 

There's no shortage of tourist stuff to do in NYC. In Newark, NJ probably not so much. In the area of Brooklyn where Barclays is, you would probably want to check out the parks on the waterfront (DUMBO area, there's a couple "famous" spots around there where every single tourist gets a picture—but when you're in town you probably have to do it), Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn Heights Promenade, Prospect Park.... you could probably live with skipping Williamsburg (where I work) because it sucks and it's overhyped. Unless you want some excellent steak at Peter Luger's. Medium rare —some may debate over whether it's the best steak in the city, but nobody gets a better cut of meat. 

hf101

Thank you for your answers. 
If possible, I'd like to get to the stadium and record all of the players ' play.
Maybe it's a chance to never happen again.
I think Ticket reset is legal in America.
Ticketmaster, vividsease, stubhub search, and buy the cheapest tickets.

I was disappointed that I could not see the NHL at the Olympics.
Still, I know that good players come. 
I'm going to see him.

Even though they are not the NHL, they are still stronger than Korea.
However, I hope that the Korean team will have a good challenge.

Thank you for your wonderful welcome.

mkscrewy
Thank you for giving us information that only locals know.
Dinosaur BBQ
It looks really good when you check it out with Google search.
I try to eat before the game because it interferes with watching what I eat during the game.
I am really glad that NJ is near NYC.
And a safe city. 
Before going to NJ, I think that the train station is near MSG, so I want to see MSG.
Thank you for your tips on seating.
I am going to make sure to check the place when booking tickets.
Are you a NYI fan? Do you live near the stadium?
wow. envious.
It may be everyday for you, but I think it is a special experience for me every moment.
I do not want to miss.
Peter Luger 's steak is well known in Korea guidebooks.
I can believe it.
Because this trip is going to go alone, I might not be able to eat much
I want to take a walk or exercise in the park that you have told me and eat delicious while I am hungry. 
Thank you for your kindly reply.

Archived