Flyers Training camp

xganarchy

On 9/28/2017 at 11:36 AM, OccamsRazor said:

I would like a 4th line of Leier- Laughton-Raffl a lot.

That would be a nice 4th line!   One thing bothers me a bit, Raffl has played very decent 5 on 5, but a lot of his scoring has come from being paired with superior players. The same will not be true here on the 4th line. I love the ideal of Leier and Laughton being paired together on the 4th, but not sure how much physicality we would get from Raffl in that role. I think there may be better options than Raffl, who has certainly peaked as a player. I know a lot of people have Weal pegged for the top nine, maybe even the top six, but he would fit on a line of Laughts and Leier very, very nicely. He would increase the puck possession stats for the 4th line, which may be a nice sneaky way to use him. Plus, Laughts and Leier play a nice defensive brand of hockey, Weal could add some offense to that group. Just a thought. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/30/2017 at 10:47 AM, RJ8812 said:

Meyer, Eager, Jones. I don't think these 3 made it out of camp

Ben friggin Eager. Another Flyer who left town and went on to win the Cup. Much like Car-bomb, he was mostly useless, but he gets the last laugh, with that nice ring and all....lol. 

2 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

That would be a nice 4th line!   One thing bothers me a bit, Raffl has played very decent 5 on 5, but a lot of his scoring has come from being paired with superior players. The same will not be true here on the 4th line. I love the ideal of Leier and Laughton being paired together on the 4th, but not sure how much physicality we would get from Raffl in that role. I think there may be better options than Raffl, who has certainly peaked as a player. I know a lot of people have Weal pegged for the top nine, maybe even the top six, but he would fit on a line of Laughts and Leier very, very nicely. He would increase the puck possession stats for the 4th line, which may be a nice sneaky way to use him. Plus, Laughts and Leier play a nice defensive brand of hockey, Weal could add some offense to that group. Just a thought. 

I think Raffl would bring just enough physical play down there combined with just enough scoring.

If everything goes right he won't be expected to score a lot on the 4th line anyways.

And if he is expected to score a lot by then they will have other BIGGER issues than scoring from the 4th line.

And you can alternate bewteen Weise and Read to when need be.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think Raffl would bring just enough physical play down there combined with just enough scoring.

If everything goes right he won't be expected to score a lot on the 4th line anyways.

And if he is expected to score a lot by then they will have other BIGGER issues than scoring from the 4th line.

And you can alternate bewteen Weise and Read to when need be.

Well, speak of the Devil.....lol....the 4th line strikes first...Raffl from Laughton and Leier!!   Maybe some early chemistry forming!!  Very cool!!

I'm hoping that Manning and MacDonald are playing today fighting for the #7. So far, neither is running away with that job. Unfortunately, they're probably deciding which of the two D in the pressbox is the popcorn guy.

Very impressed with Laughton this year. His line is very dynamic. To me, that’s the 3rd line, and Filppula is the 4th with Konecny and Weise. Man, Weise brings nothing. Definition of vanilla.

Patrick looks off. So does Elliott. 

Anyway, the Flyers are definitely a more exciting team than last year’s version!!

Didn't get much time to watch. Only seen the 1st half of the game.

Seem they finally scored a PP goal.

Am i crazy or is that the 1st one of the preseason???

Well time for some real hockey.

Waive Mcdud already!!!

:PopcornSmiley2:

7 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Ben friggin Eager. Another Flyer who left town and went on to win the Cup. Much like Car-bomb, he was mostly useless, but he gets the last laugh, with that nice ring and all....lol. 

Even worse than that Eager scores an important goal on us in game 5 the SCF and send us back to Philly down 3-2 setting up the Michael Leighton special.

22 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Didn't get much time to watch. Only seen the 1st half of the game.

Seem they finally scored a PP goal.

Am i crazy or is that the 1st one of the preseason???

They scored 2 against Boston.

1 hour ago, Poulin20 said:

Even worse than that Eager scores an important goal on us in game 5 the SCF and send us back to Philly down 3-2 setting up the Michael Leighton special.

Remember it well. A nice extra shake of salt into the open wound that both Carcillo and Eager walk around with Stanley Cup rings. I wonder if we are in triple digits now,  the sickening habit of ex-Flyers winning the Cup. A few times, we were happy to see it happen, like Brindy, for instance. All too often though, it's horrible stuff, like Streit winning it all with the Pens of all teams or multiple winner Justin Williams. I guess, if you are a Flyer and get dealt at the deadline to a playoff team, you must REALLY like your chances. Teams might even want to trade for a Philly player they don't even need....just, for good luck of it all...lol!

23 hours ago, Puck It Up said:

Bring on some hockey that counts. Games start on the West Coast which suck, but the ones I can watch I suppose I will be up late watching. 

In some ways later game is better, at least you can watch it with some peace and quiet! :VeryCool:

It's because the other two have twitter accounts, so they were tagged. Also, because shortly after that picture, Gudas checked to see if MacDonald could fly.

6 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

It's because the other two have twitter accounts, so they were tagged. Also, because shortly after that picture, Gudas checked to see if MacDonald could fly.

LOL, I was going to make the same joke and then thought it was in bad taste. 

25 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

new Numbers:

Morin: 5

Sanheim: 6 (So they're not retiring Therien's jersey?)

Hagg: 8

Leier: 20

Awesome to see the D wear the small numbers like they are supposed to!

2 hours ago, AJgoal said:

new Numbers:

Morin: 5

Sanheim: 6 (So they're not retiring Therien's jersey?)

Hagg: 8

Leier: 20

See #76 is still available. Hakstol keeping it open waiting for that special someone to return :VeryCool:

Archived