Flyers Trim Training Camp Roster

vis

55 minutes ago, vis said:

Not surprising in the least, but the Flyers sent Frost, Ratcliffe, Strome and Sushko back to the OHL.

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/flyers-trim-training-camp-roster--philadelphia-flyers/c-291053422

Strome really needs to learn to skate.  He looks like a baby deer on ice.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Strome really needs to learn to skate.  He looks like a baby deer on ice.

No rush. He's a lot like Lindblom was. He'll probably have power skating lessons throughout the year and they'll work on things. Everything that I've seen from Strome looks like he just doesn't have enough leg strength and that can be easily corrected.

13 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

No rush. He's a lot like Lindblom was. He'll probably have power skating lessons throughout the year and they'll work on things. Everything that I've seen from Strome looks like he just doesn't have enough leg strength and that can be easily corrected.

I don't disagree. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid and really like the pick. Just elaborating on the obvious. 

2 hours ago, vis said:

Not surprising in the least, but the Flyers sent Frost, Ratcliffe, Strome and Sushko back to the OHL.

I find it a little surprising.  Not the fact that they were sent back to Junior, but the fact that they were sent back before the real training camp starts.  I thought they would spend a few days in camp to get the feel of an NHL camp.  Make them hungry so they work hard back in junior and come back more ready to compete.

Maybe their Junior teams' training camps are starting up and that's why they were sent back so early?

6 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I find it a little surprising.  Not the fact that they were sent back to Junior, but the fact that they were sent back before the real training camp starts.  I thought they would spend a few days in camp to get the feel of an NHL camp.  Make them hungry so they work hard back in junior and come back more ready to compete.

Maybe their Junior teams' training camps are starting up and that's why they were sent back so early?

The exhibition season is in full swing in junior.

Archived