Ribeiro has disappeared in latest relapse

yave1964

Mike nullRibeiro is missing, his long time agent and friend has appealed to anyone who may have seen him to ask him to seek help. nullnull image.jpeg

He has a long history of problems, both he and his wife have had alcohol issues and rumors about drug problems within the family go way back as well. Ribeiro fell off the wagon last year, was released by Nashville and went to treatment before walking away halfway through. Rumors are that he is somewhere in Nashville, his agent and long time best friend Bob Perno has said.

“All I know, is that Mike hasn’t laced up the skates once since the end of the season,.He doesn’t train anymore and he doesn’t go out on the ice anymore. He’s going to retire. There’s not one NHL team or a team in Europe that has reached out to me to ask about him. The way his career is going to end is really disappointing.

“No one knows what he’s up to these days. The problem, is that Mike doesn’t believe he’s sick. In his head, everything is fine. He left the rehab program offered by the NHL last winter. We’re really worried, but we can’t do anything. Every time my phone rings, I hope it’s him calling me.

I don’t think he’s hit rock bottom,We’re trying to get a hold of him in Nashville. We know he’s somewhere in Nashville. His family has seen him. His wife has seen him — briefly — and then he disappeared into the woodwork. We’re trying to get a hold of him. He doesn’t answer his phone. Nobody hears from him. I don’t think he’s hit rock bottom.”

Wishing him a healthy recovery sounds small but I really do. Addiction is an awful thing both for those in its grips and for their loved ones.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I haven't seen this anywhere else and I can't find any news about it. Is there a link?

I'm not doubting the information, I would just like to dig more and find out what's going on. Ribs isn't the best person in the world, but I wouldn't wish anything bad to happen to him. It's a shame how quickly he spiraled down again after seemingly getting things going on the right track.

EDIT:

Seems like he has contacted his agent and will head back to therapy...

http://www.hockeyinsiders.net/2017/09/02/major-update-regarding-mike-ribeiro/

Archived